vaping alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Ive experimented with diluting alcohol with eliquids to thin them out but Ive found that it loses the flavor, ive tried using less drops but can't seem to get it right. I guess some DIY are better than others :)

That was my experience as well. Also the th is harsh and gives me sandpaper throat after a while.

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
I recently saw a comment to a YouTube clip (dont remember which right now...), where the vid- blogger always use alcoholbased eliquids, and he wrote that long term vaping of alcohol will do something to your lungs so that eventually the body won't be able to pick up any oxygen that comes into the lungs....
Oh, yes... I bet aliens landed in his backyard and told him so. "Long term vaping..." - I'd love to see those studies.

Bardolf Blaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Burlington, KY
The alcohol mixed in juices is either vodka or pure grain because those are distilled. Whiskeys(and most other liquors) still have a lot of sugars in it and would probably kill your atty with a quickness. But I have been curious if cutting with alcohol changes the taste over cutting with water and how.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
What happens if you vape alcoholic liquids? Like Vodka or Whiskey?

Will the pv/atty break? Will I get drunk? Will it work at all? do I need to add other liquids or is it possible to vape whiskey/other alcohol directly?

Just drink it like the rest of us.

Adding a little PGA or vodka is sometimes good for a better TH beyond that....yeah what I said above.

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
This reminds of the Alcohol Vapor Bar that I saw on TV quite a while ago. Wonder how that panned out...

Anyhoo, I feel kinda silly for admitting this: the other day I tried a drop of beer in my home-brew dripper .... it tasted nothing like beer; specifically, it was horrible tasting - more like badly burnt cereal and took a bit of cleaning to get the taste to go away!
(wait, how do I know what burnt cereal tastes like??? :laugh:)

EDIT:
BTW, I know it's been said before, but I'll say it too: I don't advocate vaping anything that's not intended to be vaped. The effects of vaping something vs drinking/eating can often be VERY different and possibly unknown as far as long-term effects. (and yeah, I realize that the chems in smokes are probably worse than anything someone might try to vape, but still...)

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
This reminds of the Alcohol Vapor Bar that I saw on TV quite a while ago. Wonder how that panned out...

Anyhoo, I feel kinda silly for admitting this: the other day I tried a drop of beer in my home-brew dripper .... it tasted nothing like beer; specifically, it was horrible tasting - more like badly burnt cereal and took a bit of cleaning to get the taste to go away!
(wait, how do I know what burnt cereal tastes like??? :laugh:)

EDIT:
BTW, I know it's been said before, but I'll say it too: I don't advocate vaping anything that's not intended to be vaped. The effects of vaping something vs drinking/eating can often be VERY different and possibly unknown as far as long-term effects. (and yeah, I realize that the chems in smokes are probably worse than anything someone might try to vape, but still...)

That taste is considered a + on the new CE2 R6s, G5s, and Failomizer line. Working as Intended.

mattie279

Sep 30, 2011
United Stats
OK, to avoid any future lawsuits: Everyone's body is different. Each vapor devise is different. I am not recommending any one do this. THIS IS INFORMATIONAL ONLY.

I filled a carto with cuervo gold tequila, nothing else. Attached it to a 510 type battery. Upon vaping there was no TH and no vapor, but there was a true taste, but much smoother, of cuervo. Not nearly as harsh as drinking it and, if you like tequila for the flavor, very good. There was also a little buzz feeling. Doesn't last very long. I have no idea what the long term effects would be. I only took about three-four hits.

Just an FYI

Our friend, a policeman, experimented with vaping e-liquid containing 10% of alcohol. Breathalyzer result after 1 minute: 0.00.

Could you try a different experiment for me? Try mixing your favorite hard liquor 50/50 with some Vegetable Glycerine and drip a few drops directly on an atomizer. I'd like to know the results of exhaling the vapor directly into a Breathalyzer.

The "Vapor Alcohol Content" would be .20, but I'm curious what BAC the Breathalyzer would display. I suspect that it will be much lower than .2 since although the vapor would be 20% alcohol, it's being mixed with at least 10,000 parts AIR when its vaporized, so I'm really curious about this.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I would be more concerned about the chemical reactions that might be going on right at the vaporizing interface with the ethanol. Could the volatility of the ethanol create a "reactive zone" right at the heater and make new chemistry for us to enjoy?
The area right at the heater seems like the most likely spot for chemical reactions to occur. Maybe the ethanol doesn't even make it to our lungs. maybe it's some other molecule. No alcohol at all in our lungs?

Just think. We may be operating little miniature petrochemical plants :)

or maybe one day a cold fusion self vaporizing cartomizer.

and yes an alien told me about that in a dream once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread