Vaping and CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'd ask in the Canada sub forum.

Def will, just wanted to hear from American ECFers first since I'll be coming in with a USA Passport.

You might have the juice confiscated at the border but you can buy more in Montreal.

I've been getting a hunch about that. Been hearing there's a 50-50 chance of getting it confiscated.

Last edited:

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I traveled by airplane with a complete eGo kit, Provari and a russian 91% inside Canada. No issues at all and the checkpoint is pretty much the same as if heading to the US). If you're coming in by car then you don't need to worry so long as it doesn't look like you are trying to sell stuff and that's IF they're even interested in checking out your trunk.

We have plenty of shops selling juices with nicotine in them in Canada and the biggest vape shop downtown Montreal actually won in court since there is no clear law against e-juice with nic in it. In short: I don't see a reason to worry.

I doubt you'll be the only vaper at the Jazz fest. I'm seeing more and more people vaping away on St-Denis street (hint if you're looking for a bar or restaurant patio and plenty of people outside the fest, and that's where my favorite vape shop is in case you need supplies). you might even have an opportunity to introduce people to vaping. People can be very approachable here, especially in a festival.

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
I traveled by airplane with a complete eGo kit, Provari and a russian 91% inside Canada. No issues at all and the checkpoint is pretty much the same as if heading to the US). If you're coming in by car then you don't need to worry so long as it doesn't look like you are trying to sell stuff and that's IF they're even interested in checking out your trunk.

We have plenty of shops selling juices with nicotine in them in Canada and the biggest vape shop downtown Montreal actually won in court since there is no clear law against e-juice with nic in it. In short: I don't see a reason to worry.

I doubt you'll be the only vaper at the Jazz fest. I'm seeing more and more people vaping away on St-Denis street (hint if you're looking for a bar or restaurant patio and plenty of people outside the fest, and that's where my favorite vape shop is in case you need supplies). you might even have an opportunity to introduce people to vaping. People can be very approachable here, especially in a festival.

I keep hearing it's a very friendly place. Looking forward to it. I'm going with my friend Felix Pastorius and his band The Social Experiment, they play on Friday. Really excited! Thanks for recommending a spot to check out too, greatly appreciated. After the show on Friday we plan on spending a couple of days of downtime in Montreal, so I may get a chance to check it out.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I keep hearing it's a very friendly place. Looking forward to it. I'm going with my friend Felix Pastorius and his band The Social Experiment, they play on Friday. Really excited! Thanks for recommending a spot to check out too, greatly appreciated. After the show on Friday we plan on spending a couple of days of downtime in Montreal, so I may get a chance to check it out.

My pleasure, I couldn't let you come to town and not point out THE hotspot(s). Actually, Ste-Catherine street is a must for walking around and window shopping and you might want to check out Place Ville-Marie (club 737 is something worth checking out for the view alone, but it's a busy busy club and it might be hard to get in there during the festival season). From these spots you won't run out of things to see or do, but you'll probably have a full enough plate with the Jazz fest and be pointed to those places anyways by pretty much anyone you talk to.

I had to check out your friend's group... I have to mention my father was a Jazz counter-bass player, so I was grown on that stuff.. These guys are excellent! just my type of borderline (or not so borderline) experimental Jazz :) Makes me want to be there :D

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
My pleasure, I couldn't let you come to town and not point out THE hotspot(s). Actually, Ste-Catherine street is a must for walking around and window shopping and you might want to check out Place Ville-Marie (club 737 is something worth checking out for the view alone, but it's a busy busy club and it might be hard to get in there during the festival season). From these spots you won't run out of things to see or do, but you'll probably have a full enough plate with the Jazz fest and be pointed to those places anyways by pretty much anyone you talk to.

I had to check out your friend's group... I have to mention my father was a Jazz counter-bass player, so I was grown on that stuff.. These guys are excellent! just my type of borderline (or not so borderline) experimental Jazz :) Makes me want to be there :D

On Saturday we should have some downtime. Looking forward to dinner. lol. thanks for pointing out specific spots to check out!!! Gives me the chance to feel all cool n stuff with the crew if I know some specific spots worth checking out. haha awesome!

Glad you dig the tunes. Felix is very modest about being the son of Jaco Pastorius. His pops was like a Jimi Hendrix equivalent in terms of Bass Guitar world innovations and style of playing. One reason I'm very excited about them playing the Jazzfest is because its his first festival style gig where he plays with his own music project as opposed to being a hired gun for, as an example, the Yellowjackets.

Really appreciate the help and info about Canada, I'm not as shy about bringing in the provari now.

johnspack

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Nelson B.C.
Vaping is fully legal in Canada, but bringing stuff across the border, especially eliquid with nicotine could be problematic. Eliquid with nicotine is banned in stores ect here, but you can find bazaars in Ontario cities on the weekends that sell everything you could want. Normally I have to purchase all my ecig products online, but in Canada, and it's allowed. Although it's getting harder now that online pay companies like Hyperwallet have decided you can't use their service to buy ecig stuff anymore.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
On Saturday we should have some downtime. Looking forward to dinner. lol. thanks for pointing out specific spots to check out!!! Gives me the chance to feel all cool n stuff with the crew if I know some specific spots worth checking out. haha awesome!

Glad you dig the tunes. Felix is very modest about being the son of Jaco Pastorius. His pops was like a Jimi Hendrix equivalent in terms of Bass Guitar world innovations and style of playing. One reason I'm very excited about them playing the Jazzfest is because its his first festival style gig where he plays with his own music project as opposed to being a hired gun for, as an example, the Yellowjackets.

Really appreciate the help and info about Canada, I'm not as shy about bringing in the provari now.

I knew the name rang a bell, but I couldn't put my finger on it. My father was a fan of Jaco pastorius among others. I'd be humble about it too since it's a big name to live up to. Seems like he's on the right path, though!

Vaping is fully legal in Canada, but bringing stuff across the border, especially eliquid with nicotine could be problematic. Eliquid with nicotine is banned in stores ect here, but you can find bazaars in Ontario cities on the weekends that sell everything you could want. Normally I have to purchase all my ecig products online, but in Canada, and it's allowed. Although it's getting harder now that online pay companies like Hyperwallet have decided you can't use their service to buy ecig stuff anymore.

I don't know about the west, but in Quebec and Ontario, there are plenty of shops selling e-liquid with nicotine in it and it seems like the trend is only going up. There was a time when most stores had zero nic liquids, but I definitely see a reversal of that trend. Anyhoo, you can buy e-liquid with nicotine in it in Montreal no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread