Vaping and dehydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandaPandaBear

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
Something to remember about caffeine drinks too is they are diuretics, pulls water out of your body. So when vaping you need water. Coffee, caffeine drinks are not hydrating you as you need them too. You can actually dehydrate on coffee and caffeine drinks. So yes lots of water! bnrk

every time you post I read your signature as "bonk" lol

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Not trying to pick a fight.
But, common sense tells me vaping dehydrates you no more than breathing.
I drink a lot of water anyway so maybe I do not notice a problem.
I also think most folks do not drink enough water as a regular routine with all the other liquids available.
Just my 2cents.

...au contraire...all that vapor is mostly made up of water vapor and the water to make that vapor is coming from you...read the links I gave about humectants...the PG/VG mist you inhale absorbs water from you so, much more is needed to replace...way more than just breathing..........
madjack

p.s. I do agree, most folks don't drink enough water in the first place.........mj

Kissowa

Oct 14, 2011
Sweden
kissowa.net
Something to remember about caffeine drinks too is they are diuretics, pulls water out of your body. So when vaping you need water. Coffee, caffeine drinks are not hydrating you as you need them too. You can actually dehydrate on coffee and caffeine drinks. So yes lots of water! bnrk

I'm aware of this. I've got a waterbottle on my desk now, as well as my Red Bull. I probably wasn't drinking enough to begin with, so I guess it can only get better. :)

oldpaintdoc

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
Allegan, Michigan
...au contraire...all that vapor is mostly made up of water vapor and the water to make that vapor is coming from you...read the links I gave about humectants...the PG/VG mist you inhale absorbs water from you so, much more is needed to replace...way more than just breathing..........
madjack

p.s. I do agree, most folks don't drink enough water in the first place.........mj

You could be correct.
I was just comparing to how much vapor you exhale during cold humid weather.
If nothing else maybe we can make people healthier by drinking more water.
Unless of course it is city water.
Then you are just taking your chances.

ebsilver3

Aug 6, 2011
Illinois
I just found this out in another thread.... this is why it is so important to be stuck in the newbie threads in the beginning. Good info.

I think that some suppliers are adding caffeine to juices but I dont know why. I think it will turn into another reason for skepticism regarding ecigs. I hope not I just dont know why eliquid needs such a change.

Vanyr

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto, Ontario.
I need to remember this when I am running around on Thursdays & Fridays in my co-op placement. I take my E-Cig wherever I go but I keep forgetting that I also need to keep my water bottle with me to keep hydrated. It's a bit strange to me because when I was smoking analogues I was dehydrated a lot quicker and more often than now (was more noticeable then too), though I still go home at the end of the day feeling like a dried out sponge when I haven't had anything to drink.

Temporal Fugitive

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Coffee's weird because it makes you feel like you're getting plenty of liquid and staying hydrated, but try drinking 4 cups of coffee in a row over the course of a couple hours and then drinking a glass of plain mineral water. Not coke or juice or anything else. Just water. Chances are that you'll feel your whole mouth soak up the water, as if you'd been working outside on a scorching hot day for a couple hours without anything to drink.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
I didn't realise that it will make u dehydrated too. I thought all the 'drink more' advice for newbies are to ease the dryness at the throat in the beginning stages of vaping. But well.. Like the rest have mentioned, drinking more is always good.

Quite surprise to learn that the water come from our own body. Thought everything is from the vapor we inhaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread