Vaping and diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So I was just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this. My uncle is diabetic and he wasasking me about trying vaping. Then I remembered he's also a diabetic. I believe he has type 2 diabetes where the insulin his body makes is unusable. Now with that in mind plus the fact that some juices have sweeteners, would vaping possibly be harmful to him? Any help on the matter would be great.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
The FDA considers VG a carbohydrate, so it may affect your blood sugar. That said however, that's when you ingest it directly like in food. We're inhaling it. And most vapers wouldn't inhale enough of it to really spike your blood at all, especially since most of it is exhaled afterwards. And to the best of my knowledge manufacturers use artificial sweetners in their juices which wouldn't hurt your sugar levels either.

Don't quote me on this though, it's just from some cursory research and from living with a Type 2 diabetic and being good friends with another lol.

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
The FDA considers VG a carbohydrate, so it may affect your blood sugar. That said however, that's when you ingest it directly like in food. We're inhaling it. And most vapers wouldn't inhale enough of it to really spike your blood at all, especially since most of it is exhaled afterwards. And to the best of my knowledge manufacturers use artificial sweetners in their juices which wouldn't hurt your sugar levels either.

Don't quote me on this though, it's just from some cursory research and from living with a Type 2 diabetic and being good friends with another lol.

I might be wrong here but wouldn't unflavoured ejuice be fine for diabetes?

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
I am type 2 as well. I control it with pills and havnt needed to go to insulin. I have been vaping almost 2 years and known I'm diabetic for around 6 years. If anything vaping has been helpful. I get a nighttime sweet tooth and vaping can curb that. I check my blood glucose a few times a day and it goes up slightly from sweet juices but it is only a few points, not a 100 or 120 point spike like from a cookie or candy. I can live with that.

Reactions: Thayamax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread