Vaping and driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
I vape a mod with a big ol' tank on it driving down the road. I don't care what anyone thinks or the looks they may give. I am in my car minding my own business not bothering anyone.

When there is a cop beside me at a stop light I will often take an extra long vape just to see if they do anything. Just curiosity really. I have never had any problems. I am pretty sure all the cops know what they are. I would assume they have covered them in one of their copper meetings at some point with the massive rise in popularity over the last few years.
I wonder if the info cops might have on ecigs is location specific... ya know, if they're more likely to know in one area but not another. Hopefully that "copper meeting" was held country-wide! :D

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
When I'm out, I always have a 3mm juice bottle with me that's clearly marked from the vendor as electronic cigarette liquid. If there was some non-smoking, non-vaping cop that stopped me, at least I'd have some legitimately marked accessories to show rather than a couple of unmarked filled cartos. An unknown liquid in an unmarked bottle would be suspicious.

I've vaped in front of cops in stores and parking lots and they don't even look twice. I think that they are trained well enough in spotting the illegal hardware that they know the difference. I have lots of individuals ask me what that thing is, but never a cop.
I do carry vendor cards with me explaining what a PV is. That's a good idea about the ejuice bottle. I'll have to do that if I'm using a tank and mod; if I get brave enough to use one of my vtubes on the road, which this thread is helping with. :)

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I wonder if the info cops might have on ecigs is location specific... ya know, if they're more likely to know in one area but not another. Hopefully that "copper meeting" was held country-wide! :D

A place like the boon docks of Maine..... I wouldn't have as much confidence that the cops knew what was going on. :unsure: If your in Long Island, I would imagine the cops are very well informed but that is just my assumption..... and you know what happens when you assume.... :blink:

I like that avatar btw.... I have always wanted a pet cub tiger. :D

taphandle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I drive most of the day, everyday. Always have two Reo Mini's in the car, they look nothing like analogs. Cops are not looking for strange things people do, just unsafe and illegal things. Vaping is no more a distraction than drinking a beverage in your car nor is it cumbersome (I drive a stick). There is nothing to be paranoid about as your are not doing anything illegal, I"m sure a cop does not want to take the time to pull you over and waste ten minutes to discuss your e-cig. This is America and for the most part you can pretty much do whatever you want. I do vape in bars that allow smoking and do get strange looks and questions, but most folks are just curious.

My opinion: Live your live, do as you please and don't worry about what anyone else thinks, says, or does. As long as your are not hurting anyone or breaking the law you have the right to vape without worry.

Take it easy-n-at,
Jeff

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
A place like the boon docks of Maine..... I wouldn't have as much confidence that the cops knew what was going on. :unsure: If your in Long Island, I would imagine the cops are very well informed but that is just my assumption..... and you know what happens when you assume.... :blink:

I like that avatar btw.... I have always wanted a pet cub tiger. :D
Yeah, they may very well be. Maybe not as much as the metro area, but we're still pretty New-York-minute on the island. :)
Thx! I have a cat obsession and Siberian tigers are one of my fave wild cats. I like your avatar, too!

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
I drive most of the day, everyday. Always have two Reo Mini's in the car, they look nothing like analogs. Cops are not looking for strange things people do, just unsafe and illegal things. Vaping is no more a distraction than drinking a beverage in your car nor is it cumbersome (I drive a stick). There is nothing to be paranoid about as your are not doing anything illegal, I"m sure a cop does not want to take the time to pull you over and waste ten minutes to discuss your e-cig. This is America and for the most part you can pretty much do whatever you want. I do vape in bars that allow smoking and do get strange looks and questions, but most folks are just curious.

My opinion: Live your live, do as you please and don't worry about what anyone else thinks, says, or does. As long as your are not hurting anyone or breaking the law you have the right to vape without worry.

Take it easy-n-at,
Jeff

Very true. Things get a lil tense at the end of the month, though, with the ticket quota cops have to meet. Then again, they're mostly hiding out by stop signs in residential areas.
Wow. You vape and drive a stick? You are one talented vaper/driver!

taphandle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Not really my friend, one becomes accustomed to things. Like I said, I'm in the car most of the day every day. I know when and where my sunglasses will fall off the dash (usually catch them) and just how sharp of a turn will cause my rio to tip over on the console and instictively support it through the turn. It's not much different than someone reaching for a tissue as they sneeze.

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
Not really my friend, one becomes accustomed to things. Like I said, I'm in the car most of the day every day. I know when and where my sunglasses will fall off the dash (usually catch them) and just how sharp of a turn will cause my rio to tip over on the console and instictively support it through the turn. It's not much different than someone reaching for a tissue as they sneeze.

True, true. I have only been vaping for 3 months so it's not programmed into me yet; pressing the button and all... Not nearly as programmed as smoking was for me. I'm still a lil awkward with the analog look-alike. Probably will take some time. And I drive an automatic. (Just about the only "feature" of my car. Hyundai Accent '10.) Though it is getting easier... I don't really think about what I'm doing anymore while I'm vaping. But I'm sure my brain will be confused when I mix in driving with it (or it with driving?).
But you're most certainly right; one does become accustomed to things. Pretty fast, too, if we're doing it on a daily basis.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
My truck is a stick and I drip n' drive. I'm not proud of it and I certainly don't recommend it but I know what I like. As far as what's discussed at a "Copper Meeting", I can't imagine (donuts vs bagels). I definately don't hide it and usually drip after a stop or in slow traffic situations. I've tried cartos, RA's, and tanks (Lots) but prefer the mouth feel, throat hit and flavor of a standard atty at around 5 volts. I have a cool e-pipe that I put tanks and cartos on (not in the truck) and am trying to mend my drippin' ways with 808 fusion cartos and such. Don't be scared homey! Vape like ya mean it! Most cops are reasonable and can usually be reasoned with if you keep a cool head. I just thought of another potential problem with my drippin' somebody mentioned. I carry 3 or 4 / 1.5 dram glass dropper vials (unlabled) of juice and may have to curb taht. Good luck.

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Oh yeah, I definitely vape n drive as I smoked more when driving than just about any other time. For now, my go to is my Ultramax since it holds more juice than anything else I have. I have some other devices on the way that also look nothing like a regular cig too. I went through a license check the other day and forgot about the Ultramax (looks like a light saber :D), and State Patrol officer asked me about it, and I handed it over after explaining it to him. He asked if it was working, and after telling him absolutley and how many days I was quit, he said that's awesome, I'm pulling for you!

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
My truck is a stick and I drip n' drive. I'm not proud of it and I certainly don't recommend it but I know what I like. As far as what's discussed at a "Copper Meeting", I can't imagine (donuts vs bagels). I definately don't hide it and usually drip after a stop or in slow traffic situations. I've tried cartos, RA's, and tanks (Lots) but prefer the mouth feel, throat hit and flavor of a standard atty at around 5 volts. I have a cool e-pipe that I put tanks and cartos on (not in the truck) and am trying to mend my drippin' ways with 808 fusion cartos and such. Don't be scared homey! Vape like ya mean it! Most cops are reasonable and can usually be reasoned with if you keep a cool head. I just thought of another potential problem with my drippin' somebody mentioned. I carry 3 or 4 / 1.5 dram glass dropper vials (unlabled) of juice and may have to curb taht. Good luck.
Wow! I can't imagine ever doing that; It takes all of my focus to drive. I'm not that talented of a driver to be able to handle doing much else... Like I said, I even have issues with using a bluetooth! Don't think I'd ever be able to drive stick alone, less drip at the same time!
Lol @ donuts vs bagels
Thx for the confidence! I did have to deal with a cop one time, when I got into my (only) crash, and I stayed pretty cool about the whole thing; crash and all. So I guess when it comes down to it, I can take the heat if I do get pulled over about it.

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
Oh yeah, I definitely vape n drive as I smoked more when driving than just about any other time. For now, my go to is my Ultramax since it holds more juice than anything else I have. I have some other devices on the way that also look nothing like a regular cig too. I went through a license check the other day and forgot about the Ultramax (looks like a light saber :D), and State Patrol officer asked me about it, and I handed it over after explaining it to him. He asked if it was working, and after telling him absolutley and how many days I was quit, he said that's awesome, I'm pulling for you!

Exactly, that's when I did most of my smoking. Thx for sharing your experience! State Patrol officers are usually the toughest in my area, and it's nice to know they have hearts, too. Handing it over is a good idea; Have them take a look for themselves! ;)

Mrtrucker40108

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Brandenburg, KY, USA
Very true. Things get a lil tense at the end of the month, though, with the ticket quota cops have to meet. Then again, they're mostly hiding out by stop signs in residential areas.
Wow. You vape and drive a stick? You are one talented vaper/driver!

I vape and drive an 18wheeler..lol. Have for 9 months tomorrow. It's actually easier than smoking... no watching ashes or keeping up with lighters, etc.

As far as airbags go, DO NOT put the pv straight out in front of your face. Hold it to the side. You are likely to have a sore hand and possibly a bruise on the side of your face but in most accidents I've ever been in you are sore and bruised anyway. Had a guy 'head on' my friend and I (I was a passenger).. The bruise from the seat belt was awesome in a gruesome way.. Across the chest and lap. I went shirtless for awhile and told people it was a Louisville L. lol

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Fresh cartos create huge vapor plumes
that billow from the window(s)
making it appear as if
the car interior is on fire.
(Love it!)

Check the rearview
Guy behind me has backed up considerable.
(Yes...I HATE tailgaters...!)

The only annoyance?
Fishing for my pv
when it inevitably rolls off my lap onto the floor.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I use my Provari with a rebuildable tank atomizer in the car. sits right in my cup holder and it's already set for voltages so I just pick it up and vape when driving....don't even have to take my eyes off the road :thumb:.

I vape the same device around cops all the time.....never a second look.

I take my smaller mechanical mod in my pocket when riding the motorcycle, once at a really long light at an intersection I pulled it out and took a big hit with all the vapor coming out of my helmet :p:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread