Travel and Vaping Vaping and flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Juice goes in quart size baggie along with other liquids, lose batteries (like 18350 - 18650) in plastic battery case, ego type batteries in bin going through security. Best to travel with juice in labeled bottles.

Ive never had a bit of trouble carrying on vape stuff anywhere Ive been.

Moe info ---> Travel and E-Cig

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
I emailed pbusardo recently about this very topic. This is what he had to say:

I keep everything in my carry on. They will usually ask what they are, swab them, and off I go. I've never had any issues, even with the bigger tube mods and mechs.

This was right after one of his recent trips. I would agree with what was said above. Juice bottles in a quart size ziploc, labeled would be best. Nothing bigger than 100 mL.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Have been through airport security 8 times since January and have never been questioned. Most of my pv's and all of my batteries/charger are in a carry on bag. That bag has been scanned twice a couple of times but never questioned. A couple of other pv's (minus batteries) and some juice are in my checked luggage. I'm doing it all again in a couple of days and expect no problems.

I also carry an eGo with filled cartomizer in my jacket pocket. I use it to stealth vape in the terminal and the aircraft itself. I'm not stupid enough to exhale visibly. No problems to date.

I did see one guy pulled aside for extra scrutiny recently for a largely metal box mod which I could not identify. They eventually let him through but only after having to pull off the assembled tank, battery, etc. and explain it all. This was in a smaller regional airport though where they're probably not as used to seeing this stuff go through.

Long story short - carry it right and you'll have no problem.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Only thing is you can't have more than the single quart bag of liquids, right? That causes difficulty for a girl like me...

I travel with my hubby, but I carry all our toiletries - two bags, usually. Quart size if I have them, gallon if not, as long as they zip. Never had an issue. As long as none of the bottles is larger than the 3 oz max, it's fine. I always carry-on, and open my case with the batteries and stuff, put it in a bin just like my laptop, cameras, etc. The only thing I ever got yanked out of line for was Tarot cards I did not take out of the suitcase, lol. You should have seen the look on that TSA agent's face!

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
How about if I wanted to bring a Mod or a Hana? Does anybody know the rule on that?

Perfectly fine. I flew recently with a Hana with a filled carto tank attached (stupid move since it leaked on the flight :oops: ), and have flown with other mods in the past, no questions asked at checkpoint. Worst case scenario is they'll ask what it is, just tell them what it is and you should have no issues.

The only restrictions/rules you need to follow are on spare batteries and liquids (batteries properly packed in carry-on and liquids in liquids baggie)

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Flew from baltimore-philly-italy and back the same way last week. Not even a second thought or look. I had my batteries in a separate bag in my carry on with the terminals taped with masking tape (just being extra careful). 4 30ml bottles of liquid in a quart bag. 1 ego case loaded with empty tanks and some rda's (my wife vapes too so we had a lot), and another ego case with SID, 2 zmaxes, 2 itastes, and a couple twists.

I thought for sure the bag would get searched with so much stuff in it. Not even a blink leaving the country. Got searched coming home in Italy and again in secondary security in Philly. The funny thing was Italy searched us because they saw liquid or gel on the scanner. It was a bottle of pesto for our focaccia lunch on the return flight (they let us keep it). The second time in philly was because of a "large crystal" that showed on the scanner. It was an award my wife won from her company while on the trip (company paid trip). It was a giant crystal diamond the size of a tennis ball. So, not one peep about piles of vape gear but pesto and a fake diamond got us searched. LOL.

Tanks will leak. I had one small ptank2 with 1ml in it and it leaked in my ego case. I came home with completely empty tanks.

Last edited:

JHf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver, BC
FYI, if anyone wants to take a tank on a plane there is a way to stop the leaking due to the change in air pressure.
I saw it on GrimmGreens IG account, which he had a Hana type mod with a kayfun attached with a 3/4 full tank. What he did was flip the sucker upside down in the magazine compartment in front of your seat and no leaking. I put my MVP v2 with MT3 in a bag (because of sanitary reasons) and placed it in the compartment and landed without any leaks.

I hope this helps.

dan h

Jul 4, 2012
Anaheim, CA
FYI, if anyone wants to take a tank on a plane there is a way to stop the leaking due to the change in air pressure.
I saw it on GrimmGreens IG account, which he had a Hana type mod with a kayfun attached with a 3/4 full tank. What he did was flip the sucker upside down in the magazine compartment in front of your seat and no leaking. I put my MVP v2 with MT3 in a bag (because of sanitary reasons) and placed it in the compartment and landed without any leaks.

I hope this helps.

Ditto on this. I go the extra step and stuff my drip tip with some tissue...

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
How about if I wanted to bring a Mod or a Hana? Does anybody know the rule on that?

No problems, unless you run into someone who doesn't know about ecigs - but usually they do. When I traveled with the Provari in my carry-on I just took the battery out and turned it off. I kept the tanks, though, on my Halo Tritons, and put extra juice in the plastic bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread