Vaping and Heart Problems; Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
No, never used it, since I'm primarily after the sedation effect. Its active ingredient is meclizine, but I don't know anything about it; AFAIK, I've never taken it.

Andria

Was thinking I may try that since it shouldn't interact with the sedating effects of Remeron. Can't hurt, right?

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Was thinking I may try that since it shouldn't interact with the sedating effects of Remeron. Can't hurt, right?

If it was me... who considers nausea a Fate Worse than Death... I'd be gobbling dramamine like candy, and devil take the hindmost. :D But that's just me -- I was a very happy drunk, till my drinking was going to mean daily worship at the porcelain altar... I got sober right quick. :D And anyone who knows me, if I've ever mentioned having terrible cravings for a drink, just says 'well Andria, have you changed your opinion of throwing up?' to which I always have and always WILL reply, "NOT ONLY NO BUT :censored: NO!" :D

Andria

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
If it was me... who considers nausea a Fate Worse than Death... I'd be gobbling dramamine like candy, and devil take the hindmost. :D But that's just me -- I was a very happy drunk, till my drinking was going to mean daily worship at the porcelain altar... I got sober right quick. :D And anyone who knows me, if I've ever mentioned having terrible cravings for a drink, just says 'well Andria, have you changed your opinion of throwing up?' to which I always have and always WILL reply, "NOT ONLY NO BUT :censored: NO!" :D

Andria

I hear that. I've had anxiety induced nausea for 6 years. Every day. It's gotten better, at least it's not 24/7, but I still had my bad times. Have tried so many things, so, yea, I'm with you. Nausea SUCKS the big one and I'll try this. Cross your fingers. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it worked?????

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Turns out, the non drowsy formula contains only ginger....will probably try small dose before morning...

That's odd. We were just going thru the meds last night, my husband was looking for pepto tablets, and came up with a non-drowsy motion sickness box of tablets; they're Walmart brand, Great Value or whatever it is, and it contains meclizine. I told him they were useless to me, since I'm taking my store-brand dramamine primarily for the sedation effect, but they might be useful sometime if someone wants nausea relief but not the sedation.

Andria

Reactions: Katmar

Solrage

Jan 10, 2016
That's odd. We were just going thru the meds last night, my husband was looking for pepto tablets, and came up with a non-drowsy motion sickness box of tablets; they're Walmart brand, Great Value or whatever it is, and it contains meclizine. I told him they were useless to me, since I'm taking my store-brand dramamine primarily for the sedation effect, but they might be useful sometime if someone wants nausea relief but not the sedation.

Andria
Dramamine has a "less-drowsy" formula with meclizine and a "non-drowsy" formula with ginger.

Solrage

Jan 10, 2016
Don't know if anyone has said this but 12 MG nic at 20 watts is pretty high. would put me into headaches and such in a hurry. Most people seem to do 3-6 mg at 20 watts and above.
I mentioned that the only time I vape 12mg anymore is when I use my old e-juice since everything new I get is 3-6mg, and I had the same problem with the 3mg and 6mg juices. When I first got into sub-ohm vaping I was using the 12mg at over 30w and would get "nic sick" with dizziness and stuff, so I quickly learned I had to use less; but I didn't have this problem back then, so it's kinda strange that it only started now.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
First, a little background: I'm 30. Never smoked. First tried vaping when I was trying to get my mom to switch from regular cigs. Because of chronic pain I take pills that keep me tired, and when I tried vaping I liked the extra energy that the nicotine gave me without the jitters or sweats that too much caffeine or Ritalin does. So I became a "vaper" around August of this year. Really fell in love with the variety of flavors. Got so into it that all I asked anyone for Christmas was new e-liquids from various venders, and I even bought myself a new DNA 200 mod and some new tanks (Uwell Crown, Smok TFV4).

All was good until last week. On Tuesday I'd been vaping normally (about 4-5ml a day, usually 3-12mg depending on the tank), and suddenly I felt my chest tighten with a flood of heat that then shot down my left arm. My heart started pounding and I stopped what I was doing and ran in the kitchen prepared to call 9-1-1 thinking it was a heart-attack. By the time I got in there it had stopped. I quit vaping that night and thought that maybe I'd just overdone it (even though I hadn't). Next day was normal, everything fine.

Thursday it happened again, this time much worse as it happened multiple times, and kept happening even after I stopped vaping. It scared me enough to go to the hospital after midnight. By this point I was a nervous wreck and really wasn't sure how much of my "illness" was the initial "heart attack-like" symptoms and how much was nerves, but I figured better safe than sorry. I was given an EKG and was told it was perfectly normal. Doctor said that the chances of it looking like that if I'd had a heart-attack was 1 in a billion, so I went home and slept sound with that in mind.

Problem is that it happened again on Friday. Today (well, yesterday by now) I barely vaped. I'd just take a puff every couple of hours to see how I felt, and every time I could feel my chest start burning like the other days. Besides heart-attack, I thought it might've been a pinched nerve in my back or neck that actually caused my left-arm to go numb, which made me nervous and made my heart pound, but I spent most of Friday reclining in my chair rather than sitting up and it didn't help. Today, I also found myself belching up a little acid, so I also wondered if maybe it could be a case of bad heartburn or acid reflux that's being exascerbated by the vaping. I also thought that maybe I had a mild flu or virus, as I didn't have a fever (I checked) but I haven't felt great in general, though that might just be because of the stress from all that's happened.

TL;DR

I have a regular doctor's appointment on Monday so I definitely plan to discuss this with him anyway, but I was just wondering if anyone here has any idea what could be happening. How could I go 4 months vaping with no problems and now suddenly it feels like I'm having a heart-attack whenever I do? Has anyone else experienced this or heard of anyone experiencing anything similar? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Not a doctor, but it's most like an anxiety attack (which can mimic the sensation of heart attacks). I know, I've had them on and off for years and ended up in the ER numerous times in a panic thinking I was dying. In any case, if your EKG checked out and if the ER doctor cleared you for release, that means he is satisfied that your life is not in danger and you don't have a serious condition.

It is very possible that vaping is the catalyst to anxiety in your case (the nicotine, specifically). Since nic is a stimulant, it has that effect on some people. I have anxiety problems, but I continue to vape because I was a 20 year 2 PAD smoker.

It's good that you're going to your regular doc for a follow-up.

Solrage

Jan 10, 2016
Not a doctor, but it's most like an anxiety attack (which can mimic the sensation of heart attacks). I know, I've had them on and off for years and ended up in the ER numerous times in a panic thinking I was dying. In any case, if your EKG checked out and if the ER doctor cleared you for release, that means he is satisfied that your life is not in danger and you don't have a serious condition.

It is very possible that vaping is the catalyst to anxiety in your case (the nicotine, specifically). Since nic is a stimulant, it has that effect on some people. I have anxiety problems, but I continue to vape because I was a 20 year 2 PAD smoker.

It's good that you're going to your regular doc for a follow-up.
While I wouldn't rule out panic attack, I do think it's very unlikely. For one thing, I've always been an extremely calm person and I generally don't have any anxiety in my life at the moment. If anything, I'm at my calmest when sitting, watching TV, and vaping, which is when the attacks were happening. For another, they seem to subside if I stand up or lean forward, which suggest that it has something to do with what position I'm in.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
I felt my chest tighten with a flood of heat that then shot down my left arm. My heart started pounding

I had those exact same problems. I went and saw a few doctors only to be told maybe it was heartburn or an anxiety attack. I vaped for 4 months. Today out of curiosity i wanted to see if others had had the same issues i faced and while reading i saw your post. That's why after such a long time , i'm messaging here once again.

Reason why i came here was to see if i still had hope to vape again. I am still smoking regular cigs which i hate but don't have a choice. Just hope i could vape again but only those that went thru what you and me are experiencing would understand. I tried every combination.. with and without flavors, vg, pg , vg+pg, without nic etc... nothing worked for me. Other symptoms were rashes on my foot, lost of voice.

If you do found out the reason and if it works for you please also let me know as i might give it a try again. Took me like 4 months to get back to my normal self. I am so jealous of the others who vape and have no issues ;)

Last edited:

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
While I wouldn't rule out panic attack, I do think it's very unlikely. For one thing, I've always been an extremely calm person and I generally don't have any anxiety in my life at the moment. If anything, I'm at my calmest when sitting, watching TV, and vaping, which is when the attacks were happening. For another, they seem to subside if I stand up or lean forward, which suggest that it has something to do with what position I'm in.

The last doc i saw told me it was panic attack, i told them i have never had one and i'm always calm etc and refused to trust her(the doc) but eventually i came to believe it was in fact a panic attack because after i accepted it the symptoms slowly went away. Each time my heart started to palpitate etc, i would just start to ignore it and have a mentality like if i'm going to die so be it ... somehow and i don't know why, i stopped having those episodes.

Because of this symptoms, i stopped doing anything that would make my heartbeat beat fast like running, carrying heavy things etc. Even while watching a movie in a theater , suddenly i had an episode out of no where. For me i'm very sure it was a panic attack caused by vaping.

You and me have to exact same symptoms. it feels like there is something in the chest but there is nothing.. my left arm would feel weird too. it was like, there was a sudden nerve issue on my left arm.I hope you get well soon and figured out the problem. For me i quit vaping after 4 months.

P.s: See my past post here as i asked the same questions while trying to figure what was wrong with me

Last edited:

Solrage

Jan 10, 2016
I had those exact same problems. I went and saw a few doctors only to be told maybe it was heartburn or an anxiety attack. I vaped for 4 months. Today out of curiosity i wanted to see if others had had the same issues i faced and while reading i saw your post. That's why after such a long time , i'm messaging here once again.

Reason why i came here was to see if i still had hope to vape again. I am still smoking regular cigs which i hate but don't have a choice. Just hope i could vape again but only those that went thru what you and me are experiencing would understand. I tried every combination.. with and without flavors, vg, pg , vg+pg, without nic etc... nothing worked for me. Other symptoms were rashes on my foot, lost of voice.

If you do found out the reason and if it works for you please also let me know as i might give it a try again. Took me like 4 months to get back to my normal self. I am so jealous of the others who vape and have no issues...

The last doc i saw told me it was panic attack, i told them i have never had one and i'm always calm etc and refused to trust her(the doc) but eventually i came to believe it was in fact a panic attack because after i accepted it the symptoms slowly went away. Each time my heart started to palpitate etc, i would just start to ignore it and have a mentality like if i'm going to die so be it ... somehow and i don't know why, i stopped having those episodes.

Because of this symptoms, i stopped doing anything that would make my heartbeat beat fast like running, carrying heavy things etc. Even while watching a movie in a theater , suddenly i had an episode out of no where. For me i'm very sure it was a panic attack caused by vaping.

You and me have to exact same symptoms. it feels like there is something in the chest but there is nothing.. my left arm would feel weird too. it was like, there was a sudden nerve issue on my left arm.I hope you get well soon and figured out the problem. For me i quit vaping after 4 months.

P.s: See my past post here as i asked the same questions while trying to figure what was wrong with me
Thanks for the post, godspeed. My doctor still thinks it's Acid Reflux and has put me on Omeprazole and tells me to take Gavascon after meals, before bed, and whenever I feel an "attack." The symptoms had gotten much better for several days, so I tried some light vaping again and was fine for a few days, but then had a rough patch of 2-3 days, so I stopped again, and am back to doing better. I'm still thinking it has something to do with a nicotine-induced acetylcholine imbalance, because Dramamine still seems to work best whenever I'm having an attack. I can take a Dramamine and I'm usually better within an hour. It's not just the "relaxing" effect, though, as I also tried one of my mom's Xanax, and it certainly relaxed me, but did nothing for the attacks. So it seems to be something specifically the Dramamine does, and I talked about its effects and its relation to acetylcholine/nicotine several posts ago. If you haven't tried Dramamine to help the attacks, give it a shot. It will make you drowsy, though.

It's strange you were still having issues even without nic, as there's nothing else in vapor that could conceivably make your heart race/pound. What I'm going to do is try to go a week or two where I'm doing OK, and then try vaping without nic and see how I do. I don't think it has to do with activity. I have played some basketball since I started having the attacks and I was mostly OK. I did have an episode once while playing, but it was minor and subsided quickly (it also happened long after I had gotten my heart rate up). Mine seems to be related to position more strongly than anything, because I'm worst when sitting in a certain recliner, so much so that I brought one of my porch chairs indoors and have been using it and have been much better. I have had some other attacks in different places: one in the shower, one woke me up while sleeping, one when I was on the computer at work, but the majority of them have been in the evening sitting in that chair. I have noticed, however, that most mornings when I wake up my arms are tingly/numb, as if it's a nerve thing.

I doubt it's a coincidence that we both started having these issues a few months after vaping. I certainly now think that vaping is either a cause or at least has an exascerbating effect on whatever it is. I'm still going to try to get my doctor to send me to a cardiologist to have some basic tests done, but I'm generally in a "very low risk" category for heart problems (young, no family history, not overweight, don't smoke, no high blood pressure or high cholesterol), so it either has to be something gastrointestinal related or anxiety/panic attack related. Whether the vaping caused it or made it worse, I'd still like to find out what it is.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
Thanks for the post, godspeed. My doctor still thinks it's Acid Reflux and has put me on Omeprazole and tells me to take Gavascon after meals, before bed, and whenever I feel an "attack." The symptoms had gotten much better for several days, so I tried some light vaping again and was fine for a few days, but then had a rough patch of 2-3 days, so I stopped again, and am back to doing better. I'm still thinking it has something to do with a nicotine-induced acetylcholine imbalance, because Dramamine still seems to work best whenever I'm having an attack. I can take a Dramamine and I'm usually better within an hour. It's not just the "relaxing" effect, though, as I also tried one of my mom's Xanax, and it certainly relaxed me, but did nothing for the attacks. So it seems to be something specifically the Dramamine does, and I talked about its effects and its relation to acetylcholine/nicotine several posts ago. If you haven't tried Dramamine to help the attacks, give it a shot. It will make you drowsy, though.

It's strange you were still having issues even without nic, as there's nothing else in vapor that could conceivably make your heart race/pound. What I'm going to do is try to go a week or two where I'm doing OK, and then try vaping without nic and see how I do. I don't think it has to do with activity. I have played some basketball since I started having the attacks and I was mostly OK. I did have an episode once while playing, but it was minor and subsided quickly (it also happened long after I had gotten my heart rate up). Mine seems to be related to position more strongly than anything, because I'm worst when sitting in a certain recliner, so much so that I brought one of my porch chairs indoors and have been using it and have been much better. I have had some other attacks in different places: one in the shower, one woke me up while sleeping, one when I was on the computer at work, but the majority of them have been in the evening sitting in that chair. I have noticed, however, that most mornings when I wake up my arms are tingly/numb, as if it's a nerve thing.

I doubt it's a coincidence that we both started having these issues a few months after vaping. I certainly now think that vaping is either a cause or at least has an exascerbating effect on whatever it is. I'm still going to try to get my doctor to send me to a cardiologist to have some basic tests done, but I'm generally in a "very low risk" category for heart problems (young, no family history, not overweight, don't smoke, no high blood pressure or high cholesterol), so it either has to be something gastrointestinal related or anxiety/panic attack related. Whether the vaping caused it or made it worse, I'd still like to find out what it is.

Hi , good to hear from you. The first few times i went to the A&E (thinking i was having a heart attack) i was told it was acid reflux. I was given medication for it but i don't remember what it was. It was in liquid form. i quit vaping in 2013-2014.

I was referred to a senior cardiologist , i told him i was vaping when i got those symptoms and to my surprise he told me to continue vaping and quit smoking as by than i was back to cigs. He told me all my ecg etc was fine. I don't have any health issues as well. I saw about 4-5 different doctors(in hospitals) and almost all of them told me it was acid reflux accept for the last doc i saw, who told me it might be anxiety/panic attack. But i still remember it took me about 4 months to get back to normal. Also the rashes on my foot and my voice came back. My voice would break when i tried to talk or sing etc..And my left arm would feel a little numb as well and i thought i had stroke(My dad has stroke) which got me even more worried.

I strongly feel/think it had something to do with the nic as well. Also i was vaping 18-24mg. Maybe it was overdose or i chain vaped... i'm not sure because even after stopping vaping and going back to cigs i still had those symptoms but it got mild as days went by.. but in my case it totally stopped when the last doc told me it could be anxiety attack and asked me to breath in deeply and try not to think of the tight feeling in the chest and the palpitations(Which worked surprisingly).. in less than a week or so i stopped having those symptoms completely.

Like i mentioned earlier, even when i was in a theater.. i felt like i was in a dark closed room and that started to increase my palpitations. I would keep checking my pulse on my wrist every 15 mins or so etc... Its good to know that you are getting better and i hope that you could figure out what was the cause and maybe i could start vaping again.

Till than i do not have the guts to try vaping as i am worried all those symptoms might come back. I did try shisha once last year and that was fine for me. You mentioned that
when you took Dramamine and it helped you feel better. I just read about it and it seems to be a sedative... Which would help you if you were having a panic/anxiety attack ? i'm just guessing that's why you feel better after taking it? I'm not trying to say the docs you saw is wrong or anything, please don't get me wrong but just like you .. i'm trying to figure out what really happened as well. I got a orion, ihybrid, lavatube etc but when i gave them away it sucked ;)

Think about it, you said when you are sitting on a certain position or recliner it starts to happen.. Like you start to have a episode when sitting in that position or recliner. Sure sounds to me like anxiety/ panic attack.. for me whenever my heart started beating fast.. for example walking up the stairs i'll start to panic even more and that in return made my palpitations worst.I was having like 120+ beats per min. I just hope we could figure this out

Last edited:

Solrage

Jan 10, 2016
Hi , good to hear from you. The first few times i went to the A&E (thinking i was having a heart attack) i was told it was acid reflux. I was given medication for it but i don't remember what it was. It was in liquid form. i quit vaping in 2013-2014.

I was referred to a senior cardiologist , i told him i was vaping when i got those symptoms and to my surprise he told me to continue vaping and quit smoking as by than i was back to cigs. He told me all my ecg etc was fine. I don't have any health issues as well. I saw about 4-5 different doctors(in hospitals) and almost all of them told me it was acid reflux accept for the last doc i saw, who told me it might be anxiety/panic attack. But i still remember it took me about 4 months to get back to normal. Also the rashes on my foot and my voice came back. My voice would break when i tried to talk or sing etc..

I strongly feel/think it had something to do with the nic as well. Also i was vaping 18-24mg. Maybe it was overdose or i chain vaped... i'm not sure because even after stopping vaping and going back to cigs i still had those symptoms but it got mild as days went by.. but in my case it totally stopped when the last doc told me it could be anxiety attack and asked me to breath in deeply and try not to think of the tight feeling in the chest and the palpitations(Which worked surprisingly).. in less than a week or so i stopped having those symptoms completely.

Like i mentioned earlier, even when i was in a theater.. i felt like i was in a dark closed room and that started to increase my palpitations. I would keep checking my pulse on my wrist every 15 mins or so etc... Its good to know that you are getting better and i hope that you could figure out what was the cause and maybe i could start vaping again.

Till than i do not have the guts to try vaping as i am worried all those symptoms might come back. I did try shisha once last year and that was fine for me. You mentioned that
when you took Dramamine and it helped you feel better. I just read about it and it seems to be a sedative... Which would help you if you were having a panic/anxiety attack ? i'm just guessing that's why you feel better after taking it? I'm not trying to say the docs you saw is wrong or anything, please don't get me wrong but just like you .. i'm trying to figure out what really happened as well. I got a orion, ihybrid, lavatube etc but when i gave them away it sucked ;)
It's not surprising the cardiologist recommended vaping over smoking, given how bad we know the latter is for overall health and how benign the former seems to be given the current (if limited) knowledge on the long-term effects.

18-24mg is a lot! My problem is that it was happening even when I was using primarily 3-6m nicotine! How many ml were you vaping a day? I was about 4-5, which would translate to about 20mg of nic a day, assuming the body absorbs it all (which it doesn't; it seems to absorb far less than with cigs).

RE Dramamine: Yes, it's a sedative, but I've tried other sedatives that didn't work: Xanax, dextromethorphan, Tizanidine, etc. that didn't help. The Dramamine's sedative effects are far lesser than that of Xanax, so I don't think it's the sedative properties at all.

Yeah, it really sucks thinking about having to give away/sell all my vaping stuff. I had actually just ordered a custom DNA200 from the Mad Modder that cost me $300! Not to mention all of the eliquid I received and bought over Christmas. I probably have about $1500-$2000 worth of eliquid, most of which hasn't even been opened! It's a pretty depressing thought!

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
Haha yes, i was surprised when the cardiologist told me to continue vaping but i couldn't as i was too worried by than. I was vaping around 3-5ml per day myself and i did went all the way down to 3-6mg but didn't help much. The worst feeling was when i had to give them all up just when i told i finally found something to replace reg cigs.. My body was not able to take vaping for some reason. I'm someone who rarely falls sick , i could take anything into my body and still be normal...

The next time when you have a episode, can you try to not think or it or play a game or something to divert you mind(it worked for me) and see if it works for you? And if it does.. than i can conclude that it some how makes us have a panic attack or anxiety ;)

Solrage

Jan 10, 2016
Haha yes, i was surprised when the cardiologist told me to continue vaping but i couldn't as i was too worried by than. I was vaping around 3-5ml per day myself and i did went all the way down to 3-6mg but didn't help much. The worst feeling was when i had to give them all up just when i told i finally found something to replace reg cigs.. My body was not able to take vaping for some reason. I'm someone who rarely falls sick , i could take anything into my body and still be normal...

The next time when you have a episode, can you try to not think or it or play a game or something to divert you mind(it worked for me) and see if it works for you? And if it does.. than i can conclude that it some how makes us have a panic attack or anxiety ;)
We sound so similar. Like you, I'm someone who's almost never sick (outside the chronic migraines) and have never had any problems "taking anything into my body and still being normal." There must just be something about vaping that doesn't agree with us.

My newest problem is that, lately, I've been OK throughout the day, but I've been getting woken up by pain shooting through my arms, now it's been mostly the right one. It seems to happen about an hour after I fall asleep, and it often takes me a good hour or two to get back to sleep, even if I take a Dramamine. So, again, it seems strange that I'd be having anxiety attacks while asleep; but acid reflux seems unlikely considering I take the Omeprazole and 4 Gavascons before bed too, so I'm still completely confused. My symptoms just don't seem to fit any of the possible illnesses all that well, and it's strange they've shifted from occurring in the evening to occurring after I fall asleep.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
We sound so similar. Like you, I'm someone who's almost never sick (outside the chronic migraines) and have never had any problems "taking anything into my body and still being normal." There must just be something about vaping that doesn't agree with us.

My newest problem is that, lately, I've been OK throughout the day, but I've been getting woken up by pain shooting through my arms, now it's been mostly the right one. It seems to happen about an hour after I fall asleep, and it often takes me a good hour or two to get back to sleep, even if I take a Dramamine. So, again, it seems strange that I'd be having anxiety attacks while asleep; but acid reflux seems unlikely considering I take the Omeprazole and 4 Gavascons before bed too, so I'm still completely confused. My symptoms just don't seem to fit any of the possible illnesses all that well, and it's strange they've shifted from occurring in the evening to occurring after I fall asleep.

Yes, there is something vaping does which i wasn't able to figure out. I remember the first time it came.. In the morning, out of nowhere my left arm became numb, heartbeat increased and the tight feeling in my chest. I took a cab to the hospital immediately, took all the test and was told i'm fine and there is nothing wrong with me. The only thing the docs could guess was acid reflux. Maybe we are just allergic to vape? Since it's vaper and not smoke?

It's strange that you have this occurring while you are sleeping. Hope you get well soon and figure out the problem. Are you still vaping at the moment?

Solrage

Jan 10, 2016
Yes, there is something vaping does which i wasn't able to figure out. I remember the first time it came.. In the morning, out of nowhere my left arm became numb, heartbeat increased and the tight feeling in my chest. I took a cab to the hospital immediately, took all the test and was told i'm fine and there is nothing wrong with me. The only thing the docs could guess was acid reflux. Maybe we are just allergic to vape? Since it's vaper and not smoke?

It's strange that you have this occurring while you are sleeping. Hope you get well soon and figure out the problem. Are you still vaping at the moment?
Was there any "heat" that accompanied your attacks? Over time, my attacks went from being primarily chest/arm pain to often just being a kind of heat flash that was accompanied by cold sweats, clammy hands, flu-like symptoms (shakes, aches, etc.)--all classic signs of a heart-attack, which is, of course, nerve-racking.

Nope, haven't vaped at all in over a week. It's strange that I'm OK when I'm lying down, but the moment I fall asleep I'm woken up by the shooting arm pain. Last night I waited until the first time I woke up to take a Dramamine and it seemed to work much better as opposed to taking the Dramamine before I went to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread