Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ECF,

I started vaping as an alternative to my social social smoking habit (an analog or 2 in the weekend with friends) and I'm now using my 510 with 18mg liquid instead of analogs in weekends only, and vaping 0mg on my other 510 the rest of the week. My father has Leiden Factor V (Leiden Factor Five) which increases the risk of blood clotting. It is hereditary however I am not sure if my Dad is heterogenous or homogenous.
Either way I am likely to also carry leiden. This concerns me as nicotine constricts the blood vessels which brings me to think it could increase the risk of a clot or stroke (I'm not a doctor or anything so I'm not entirely sure :blush: but I would like to make sure this could not have a significant impact on my health).
What is the risk? also, what effect could vaping in general have on an individual with this disorder?

Many thanks,

Angus. :)

P.S. Here's a link to the wikipedia article for Leiden Factor V Factor V Leiden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cappadoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Michigan
Firstly, smoking increase clotting risk due to changes in the liver associated with production of clotting factors. It is not nicotine related.

Secondly, any nicotine use is likely to have SOME risk of stroke as it is a vasoconstrictor/stimulant. Factor V Leiden has nothing to do with stroke risk. It is associated with blood clots in veins, not arteries.

Thirdly, I doubt there is any data regarding e-cigs and Factor V Leiden. So you're pretty much flying blind, but it is likely better than smoking,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread