Vaping and the constant pressure from the people around me

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
When someone bombards you with the dangers of vaping, bombard them with articles on the dangers of smoking. Last time I was critcized for vaping, it was from a smoker. They weren't happy when I returned the favor with graphic images of cancerous lungs caused by smoking. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Ah yes. The Wall. "We don't need no education..." :)
Heck, look at so many threads in here...

Many can't handle the truth and they are vapers themselves...

People learn something wrong from bad source ("I read it somewhere".... "a friend of a friend" and so on), and all they can do is hold on to it, stick with old retired notions and repeat and argue it until they're red in the face.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
images

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Yeah good idea from mongo74, return the bombarding favour.

Otherwise, your a 25 year old man. It's your body to choose to do with what you wish. Stand firm and tell them not to shove anything down your throat.

If it's verified I guess it's a different matter. Saying that I'm sure you will know before them if you are here reading.;)

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
argue it until they're red in the face.

In no way am I some kind of syntax/vocabulary/diction nazi but is that what you say in America?
I know what you mean regardless but we say 'blue in the face'.
No sarcasm intended. Just not sure. :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
In no way am I some kind of syntax/vocabulary/diction nazi but is that what you say in America?
I have seen it both ways in the US. It seems to be regional.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I had to attend a wake for a HS buddy and standing outside with all the smokers had them going nuts about how awesome it was for me to have quit and how they will be coming to me first when they want to quit..........

I only said what are you waiting for? Huh?

Damn did the stink of the smokes suck to have someone trying to talk quietly inside.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada

red for fuming (angry)
blue for ranting until they are out of breath

I use both, depends on the situation.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
How do you guys deal with this? How to explain to them about the real benefit of vape over stinkies?

I don't. The wife and kid annoyed me. And annoyed me and annoyed me. So one day, when the kid's pet rabbit died, I buried it and made some strange stew before they got home. They loved it at dinner and right before dessert, they asked me "Where is the rabbit?" I said "You just ate it. Don't bug me about vaping again or next time, it's the dog." They haven't bothered me about vaping since. They moved out the next day and went to her mothers. In retrospect, I may have gone too far but they haven't bothered me about it since. Besides, I love that dog.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Your job is to make them aware that it's a positive to vape instead of smoking.

Really? You are way too nice. If someone was ignorant of the truth and giving me a hard time, I wouldn't see it as my role to educate them. That's their issue not mine.

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
I think that those with the "short" (and possible "angry") responses to others would not help the situation.

I think the goal should be to educate others to understand that they have only heard the propaganda, and what's needed is the truth to be heard and known.

I'd rather have people that don't vape on our side instead, that they would be ready to accept vaping as an alternative that so far, doesn't have any proven bad factors compared to smoking, so that when the topic comes up, they are educated with correct information.

Your job is to make them aware that it's a positive to vape instead of smoking.
With many of us making these short and possibly angry answers, it's because we are fed up with being harassed about vaping. I used to spend to much time justifying myself and vaping to friends, family and strangers. I would attempt to "educate" them on the benefits of vaping vs smoking, when that failed I switched to "it's my life don't worry about it". Now, my standard response is "as long as this is legal i can do this, and it's much safer than you trying to tell someone else, who may or may not be unstable enough to cause you physical harm, how to live their life". It's amazing how after saying that people decide to let you live your life your own way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
With many of us making these short and possibly angry answers, it's because we are fed up with being harassed about vaping. I used to spend to much time justifying myself and vaping to friends, family and strangers. I would attempt to "educate" them on the benefits of vaping vs smoking, when that failed I switched to "it's my life don't worry about it". Now, my standard response is "as long as this is legal i can do this, and it's much safer than you trying to tell someone else, who may or may not be unstable enough to cause you physical harm, how to live their life". It's amazing how after saying that people decide to let you live your life your own way.

Really? You are way too nice. If someone was ignorant of the truth and giving me a hard time, I wouldn't see it as my role to educate them. That's their issue not mine.

And if/when the governments win to ban vaping altogether and have public opinion on their side, you might look at today in a different light.

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
And if/when the governments win to ban vaping altogether and have public opinion on their side, you might look at today in a different light.
No, really i won't. I've advocated, I've educated, I've donated. It's not my "job" to educated people. I have one of those. If vaping gets banned, which i find highly unlikely, I'll vape until my supplies run out, which should be around 2030, then stop. of course, I'll still be able to buy wire, cotton, batteries, vg/pg , nicotine and flavoring, so 2030 isn't accurate either. So yeah you can say I'm not worried about a vaping ban. I also no longer care if joe blow likes or doesn't like the fact that i vape. And let's be honest, in the US we have seen how well bans and outlawing things work. Prohibition anyone? War on drugs? Really think vaping is going away? There will always be a way to get the things people want. And, sorry, but i have more important things to stress over in my life than if vaping is socially acceptable, or if it may be banned in some murky future time frame.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
With many of us making these short and possibly angry answers, it's because we are fed up with being harassed about vaping.
I've been vaping 3+ years now and don't recall anyone ever harassing me about it.

But if someone did, I'd probably tell them to bugger off anyway. :oops:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sometime during my first year of vaping I had a couple a folks say "but it still has nicotine in it" My answer, yep, but it isn't the nicotine that causes harm. It is the 1000's of chemicals and the smoke that causes harm. Shut them right up because they understood what I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread