Vaping and your stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonGotThat

Sep 21, 2016
Hey guys, I'm close to my third smoke-free week (smoked almost 2 packs a day for 5.5 years) and the main reason for quitting cigarettes is my stamina (sprinting, lifting). Before I quit I googled on how vaping affects stamina and the results were mixed so I was a bit scared to switch but my friends forced me to and to be quite honest I've noticed a lot of changes throughout these days, I monitor my stable resting pulse rate quite often and it used to be 85+ and that's a bit high and now it's at a stable 75-80 at rest which is quite good! and not to mention that my heart rate used to jump off the roof when I jog for 5 minutes! now I can jog for more than 5 minutes and still keep a calm steady heart rate and it did affect my lifting quite a bit by allowing me to breath in and out normally during exercises which allows for more muscle gaining.

Summary: I have no idea if quitting smoking without vaping might even make you regain your stamina faster but on my personal experience, I'm making amazing progress on my first month and you can too!

edit: Damn it, wrong section sorry!

Reactions: snork

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hey guys, I'm close to my third smoke-free week (smoked almost 2 packs a day for 5.5 years) and the main reason for quitting cigarettes is my stamina (sprinting, lifting). Before I quit I googled on how vaping affects stamina and the results were mixed so I was a bit scared to switch but my friends forced me to and to be quite honest I've noticed a lot of changes throughout these days, I monitor my stable resting pulse rate quite often and it used to be 85+ and that's a bit high and now it's at a stable 75-80 at rest which is quite good! and not to mention that my heart rate used to jump off the roof when I jog for 5 minutes! now I can jog for more than 5 minutes and still keep a calm steady heart rate and it did affect my lifting quite a bit by allowing me to breath in and out normally during exercises which allows for more muscle gaining.

Summary: I have no idea if quitting smoking without vaping might even make you regain your stamina faster but on my personal experience, I'm making amazing progress on my first month and you can too!

edit: Damn it, wrong section sorry!
If you aren't smoking your body will do everything more efficiently and that should be good for performance. Not vaping is better for performance than vaping but if you need to vape to get off cigs that would seem a good trade off. A student voice over actor asked if vaping would be harmless to the voice. My opinion is if you use your lungs professionally for voice or for aerobic sports you don't vape.

Reactions: JasonGotThat

JasonGotThat

Sep 21, 2016
If you aren't smoking your body will do everything more efficiently and that should be good for performance. Not vaping is better for performance than vaping but if you need to vape to get off cigs that would seem a good trade off. A student voice over actor asked if vaping would be harmless to the voice. My opinion is if you use your lungs professionally for voice or for aerobic sports you don't vape.
Good opinion man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread