Vaping as an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Other than in vape shops and lounges, I am still a bit uneasy about vaping in the wild, as a fatherly figure.

If I see an adult vaping anything like a sub-ohm/box mod or above, it's a guy, usually much younger. A few days ago, I saw 2 guys that couldn't have been more than 15-16 walking down my block with box mods. I occasionally see a Harley guy with respectable vape equipment, but nobody like myself..... though I have seen people of all ages in vape shops.

Given I'm no longer a student or hang in a college town, where to go, and how to think about it?

When I see someone like myself vaping, it's almost always an eGo or EVOD type device...... and I almost never see women using anything else, at least in public.

Does vaping with decent equipment, at least in public, end at age 35-40? I want to enjoy this, but I don't want to be seen as a freak either.

Nope.
;)
I'm north of 45.
Father. Husband. Semi-Retired former business owner.
No, I don't ride a Harley.
Here a few of my daily drivers:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: joeybear

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I'm north of 50, and pretty much vape where I used to smoke. In my car, outdoors, at home, etc..

The only exceptions to that are at vape meets, vape shops, and in people's homes with their permission. I don't go to bars, and I've never smoked in restaurants, even when it was allowed, so no vaping there for me either.

I was a little self-conscious when I started vaping out an about, because there aren't a lot of vapers where I live, but now, it really doesn't matter to me who sees me with my setup.

Although my setups don't include Egos anymore, I will be vaping on anything from "frugal" setups to rigs that are somewhere above (mumblemumble) dollars. All depends on my mood. Today it's a P3 with a K4 and a Sigelei 75 with a Magma.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
To the OP. I highly recommend going to next vape convention that is near you. Once you get around 4k other vapers, many of them your age or older, you wont feel uncomfortable any more. I promise you :)
Funny you should mention that, the last (and only) convention I was at was VCCPA. Although there were quite a few folks that were at or above my age, I'd say the majority were under 25.

It was still a good time, and I'll be going back next year.

Reactions: zapped

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm in my late 60s, and I only vape one way; Reos mods with modded bottom feed attys, built at about .4 ohms. I pretty much abide by 'No Smoking' rules. I don't vape in stores, restaurants, theaters, etc. I don't own or carry separate, lower output setups for stealth vaping.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
There are several vapers were I work. I'm 46 and probably the only one over 30 using a regulated mod. 2 or 3 younger guys use them but most of the older crowd are using eGo styled stuff. I've found that the gear matters less than the fact that we're all vaping rather than smoking.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I'm seeing more box mods in public than smaller units, but they are more visible and even then I sometimes nearly miss noticing.

However, I strongly disagree with the OP's suggestion that EVODs are not decent equipment. (Actually the results can vary a lot, but that depends on factors you can't see at first.)

Kmfm0122

Account closed on request
    Sep 29, 2015
    I don't care what other people think..I'm not a D-bag about it and blow clouds when and wherever I want, but I really could care less what you(anyone else) think about how I enjoy life
    Amen. I'm 30 with two kids and Vape when I need/want to. I don't walk through Target vaping and I also don't allow my clouds to consume someone (that annoys me).

Reactions: zapped

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2014
    I'm in my late 60s, and I only vape one way; Reos mods with modded bottom feed attys, built at about .4 ohms. I pretty much abide by 'No Smoking' rules. I don't vape in stores, restaurants, theaters, etc. I don't own or carry separate, lower output setups for stealth vaping.

I'm 38 and the above is almost exactly how I vape the only difference is the atty. I would say I am a courteous vaper but never change my vape for the sake of others, I'm already doing more than enough.

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I'm 38 and the above is almost exactly how I vape the only difference is the atty. I would say I am a courteous vaper but never change my vape for the sake of others, I'm already doing more than enough.

Yeah, to each their own. But I've never understood the idea of having one type of set up for out and about, and another for home. I vape the same, regardless where I am. I just try hard not to annoy other people.

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    At 50, I vape in public. I smoked in public. Over the course of my half century, I just don't care what other people think, I learned at a young age to be confident in yourself, shoulders back and head high (my stepmother would shove her thumb in my back when I slouched).

I really doubt they want me to judge them. Most people have more issues that I can judge than what device I use to vape. I use a VT 40 and am content with it.

Reactions: Rossum

skoony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    I think it be be true in a general sort of way that the under thirty crowd lean
    towards the mods and higher performance (performance not equaling better)
    hardware. Over 30's seem to go for the standard ego/evod vw or vv type
    set ups. I see it as no different than the younger crowd guzzling down
    Jagermeister mixed with energy drinks while I enjoy a snifter of good
    bourbon with a beer bump.
    Whatever floats your boat and all that.
    :toast:
    Regards
    Mike

pfaber11

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 16, 2009
    england
    I'm 48 and vape wherever i like . Never been told not to do it. I'm sporting a defender 36watt and an Arctic tank. There are some places i don't vape like on buses. It has been banned at the train station but i still vape there. What about the exhaust from a diesel train and they say no vaping on the platform what a joke.
    Vape on

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Other than in vape shops and lounges, I am still a bit uneasy about vaping in the wild, as a fatherly figure.

If I see an adult vaping anything like a sub-ohm/box mod or above, it's a guy, usually much younger. A few days ago, I saw 2 guys that couldn't have been more than 15-16 walking down my block with box mods. I occasionally see a Harley guy with respectable vape equipment, but nobody like myself..... though I have seen people of all ages in vape shops.

Given I'm no longer a student or hang in a college town, where to go, and how to think about it?

When I see someone like myself vaping, it's almost always an eGo or EVOD type device...... and I almost never see women using anything else, at least in public.

Does vaping with decent equipment, at least in public, end at age 35-40? I want to enjoy this, but I don't want to be seen as a freak either.

No idea what things are like in New England, but... this is moi...

me-twitterprofile-xmas2014.jpg

And this is what I'm usually vaping nowadays...

redandpink2.jpg

And they sparkle in the sun. :D I don't really give a rat's hindparts what anyone thinks -- *I* think they're awesome, and are a lot more enjoyable and a lot less smelly than smoking. Which I did for 39 yrs, also not giving a rat's behind what anyone thought about it.

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Seeing anyone vaping is an oddity where I live.
    I vape wherever smoking is permitted. Most adults just know the mainstream media spew about vaping and some will see me vaping and say, "don't you know that is dangerous". To which I reply "not as dangerous as smoking and much more enjoyable". And just keep on vapin.
    btw I am 61 and been went off of 40 yrs of cigs to vaping this past January.

I vape on Evods and T3S tanks which I drill out the airholes and stems in, recoil and wick with cotton. I use them on anything from a 650 ma ego style to a Sigeli Zmax.

Decent vapes.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread