Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
42 year old lady here....I have been vaping for almost 3 years and I have found that even though I do vape in my car I really don't have a desire to vape when Im out. On break at work I step outside but I use my Provari Mini with a kayfun. I have yet to see anyone else in my town vape. I get strange looks but I don't care.

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
Other than in vape shops and lounges, I am still a bit uneasy about vaping in the wild, as a fatherly figure.

If I see an adult vaping anything like a sub-ohm/box mod or above, it's a guy, usually much younger. A few days ago, I saw 2 guys that couldn't have been more than 15-16 walking down my block with box mods. I occasionally see a Harley guy with respectable vape equipment, but nobody like myself..... though I have seen people of all ages in vape shops.

Given I'm no longer a student or hang in a college town, where to go, and how to think about it?

When I see someone like myself vaping, it's almost always an eGo or EVOD type device...... and I almost never see women using anything else, at least in public.

Does vaping with decent equipment, at least in public, end at age 35-40? I want to enjoy this, but I don't want to be seen as a freak either.

I honestly hope my MVP 60 watt and big tank draws attention. I cant tell you how many times I have used the opportunity to jump up on my soap box to spread the good word about how vaping changed my life for the better. Otherwise I could care less what anyone thinks. I am not smoking and I feel better. I don't vape in Walmart, or really any place you cant smoke. I don't chuck insane clouds. If they have a problem or an opinion... they are entitled.

I leave my x-cube 2 and TFV4 and RDAs at home. I want to attract the good kind of attention to vaping, not be an obnoxious ....

Reactions: AndriaD

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
No idea what things are like in New England, but... this is moi...

View attachment 497011

And this is what I'm usually vaping nowadays...

View attachment 497012

And they sparkle in the sun. :D I don't really give a rat's hindparts what anyone thinks -- *I* think they're awesome, and are a lot more enjoyable and a lot less smelly than smoking. Which I did for 39 yrs, also not giving a rat's behind what anyone thought about it.

Andria

WHAT are those on your Cool Fires?? I like those more than the wraps I have on mine right now!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
50-yr-old female (at least for another 10 hours - 50 that is. Will always be female :D) who prefers box mods to eGo/VV3/VV4-type mods. I tend to "tootle puff" when in public, and I seek richer/fuller/fluffier clouds when at home.

I'm not stoked about "I'm gonna blow a cumulonimbus cloud right in your face", unless it's a "regulated" competition, but I'm not God, so I can't judge or control - just stating my preference

So I guess I'd rather deal with a vape cloud than a smoke cloud, regardless of how it comes into being....

Last edited:

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
I'm 41 and vape everywhere. Mostly using some combo of a dual-battery regulated box and an RDA. I produce a lot of vapor. My car looks like Cheech & Chong are in it when I'm driving to/from work. My co-worker (same age) and I make the smoking area smell much better by fogging it up with goodness. If it's inappropriate to throw cloudage, I double-inhale and blow out hardly any vapor. I could not care less about what others think about my vaping; it has improved my quality of life by leaps and bounds since I quit smoking and that's what matters.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I think it might be a matter of perspective.

When I'm out and about in public I'll more than likely grab one of my smaller (and often less expensive) setups as it might be easier to carry, possibly less obnoxious looking to others and often times can be used "stealth". Besides not worrying so much if it was dropped, broken or stolen while I was out and about.

While looking for some vaping gear last week I dropped by a dual smoke/vape shop that I had not visited before and found that they had their entire stock of RDA's and old "novi" style tanks on clearance sale. I inquired with the person behind the counter what the reasoning was and was told that the overwhelming majority of their customers looking for vaping equipment and supplies wanted simple 'plug and play' stuff - wanted nothing to do with making their own coils, fiddling with replaceable batteries or making their own juice. I asked further if this was somewhat "retro" and was told that their customers wanted "easy". (they seemed to be stocking up on "twist" type mods and items with replaceable atomizers)

Funny, a quick peek at ECF and most gear websites might lead one to believe that the entire industry is moving towards subohm TC vaping.

Then again it might be a matter of perspective.

g.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I was at the Irvine Spectrum the other day...

There was a clan of three young guys vaping in a place away from others for the most part.
    But their clouds were large, and the wind was blowing the vapor quite a distance.

The vapor was, in fact, blowing right across a walkway at about chest height.
    It was like a "roll cloud" that could be seen from great distances.

I am glad that tried to blow their clouds away from most of the people at the mall.
    But they didn't do the best job of it, given the wind direction.

Nor did they seem to care when people were forced to walk right through it.
    I was left a bit confused.

The world is full of .......s.
    Vaping did not invent .......s, but it does give them quite a stage to perform on.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    50-yr-old female (at least for another 10 hours - 50 that is. Will always be female :D) who prefers box mods to eGo/VV3/VV4-type mods. I tend to "tootle puff" when in public, and I seek richer/fuller/fluffier clouds when at home.

I'm not stoked about "I'm gonna blow a cumulonimbus cloud right in your face", unless it's a "regulated" competition, but I'm not God, so I can't judge or control - just stating my preference

So I guess I'd rather deal with a vape cloud than a smoke cloud, regardless of how it comes into being....
    A big Happy Birthday to you!
    Glad you clarified the gender part ;)

Reactions: DingerCPA

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I was at the Irvine Spectrum the other day...

There was a clan of three young guys vaping in a place away from others for the most part.
    But their clouds were large, and the wind was blowing the vapor quite a distance.

The vapor was, in fact, blowing right across a walkway at about chest height.
    It was like a "roll cloud" that could be seen from great distances.

I am glad that tried to blow their clouds away from most of the people at the mall.
    But they didn't do the best job of it, given the wind direction.

Nor did they seem to care when people were forced to walk right through it.
    I was left a bit confused.

The world is full of .......s.
    Vaping did not invent .......s, but it does give them quite a stage to perform on.
    Just because someone vapes does not make them a good person.

Reactions: DC2

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
    Canada
    Other than in vape shops and lounges, I am still a bit uneasy about vaping in the wild, as a fatherly figure.

If I see an adult vaping anything like a sub-ohm/box mod or above, it's a guy, usually much younger. A few days ago, I saw 2 guys that couldn't have been more than 15-16 walking down my block with box mods. I occasionally see a Harley guy with respectable vape equipment, but nobody like myself..... though I have seen people of all ages in vape shops.

Given I'm no longer a student or hang in a college town, where to go, and how to think about it?

When I see someone like myself vaping, it's almost always an eGo or EVOD type device...... and I almost never see women using anything else, at least in public.

Does vaping with decent equipment, at least in public, end at age 35-40? I want to enjoy this, but I don't want to be seen as a freak either.
    As someone at the start of that 35-40 age range I vape proudly everywhere and anywhere I can. When I see someone else with an e cig I purposely take mine out give it a puff and give the other vaper a nod.

We have to stand together and fight the notion that permeates some circles that if you vape you're a 'freak' or that your doing something wrong. The more smokers see you and others vaping the more likely they are to switch.

labmonkeys

Jun 7, 2015
    I vape completely open in public (I'm a 1 device guy -- box mod) as I'm not doing anything wrong. If anyone thinks otherwise he's the one he should get accustomed, not me. I'm putting stuff in my own my body, at my own choice, I'm not harming anyone else or my surroundings (if you are even thinking of mentioning air pollution please refer back to the carbon footprint of humanity). Second hand smoke is out of the question no matter what research comes out (latest supported study showing second hand smoke is 95% safer) since indoors I smoke only at my own home. Granted my flatmates do get exposed to second hand smoke, but it's at their own discretion since they are well aware of the fact any time they change their opinion all they need is simply to ask and without any further discussion smoking would be moved to the garden. I'm conscious of my co-habitants and try not to exhale vapour in proximity to anyone even outdoors, If I see a child I stop vaping until they pass me.

I do feel quite a bit of stigma, way more than with cigarettes (especially getting looks from people and similar) but people seem to mind it less recently. I thought the mass of eVOD similar devices were due to the majority of new users, especially the new big wave that came recently after some reassuring studies. I remember that in the beginning anything bigger than a cig-a-like was completely out of the question for me and seemed like sheer craziness -- even for home use. A couple of months later I'm rocking a box mod with a 22mm atomizer in my pocket all the time and could care less. Exactly about as big a pack of cigarettes and my Zippo anyway..

If you are not doing anything wrong to anyone or damaging your surroundings don't get conscious.. If someone is judging you that is their problem, not yours.

Especially to the ladies out there. Rock that 100W box mod, stop wearing those awfully painful high heels, do what you want to do.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I say do what you Feel Comfortable doing. If you Feel More Comfortable using a Smaller device when you are Out-n-About, what is Wrong with that?

I use Box Mods and 4 ~ 5ml Tanks when I'm at home. I like the Longer Battery Life and not having to Refill Much. But when I go out, I take a Smaller Mod and Smaller Tank.

I don't really care what people think. Smaller Mods/Tanks are just Easier to Carry. And I can kinda Fly under the Radar without drawing Attention to myself and the issuing Obligatory Questions about e-Cigarettes.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Granted my flatmates do get exposed to second hand smoke

Only if you're SMOKING. If you're vaping, then they're encountering VAPOR not smoke, and the latest research indicates that "2nd hand vapor" is no different that regular air. Any "active ingredients" that might be in it are in such TRACE amounts that they are not significant to anyone.

Andria

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    Yeah, to each their own. But I've never understood the idea of having one type of set up for out and about, and another for home. I vape the same, regardless where I am. I just try hard not to annoy other people.
    For me, since I don't yet own a Reo (but they're on my list!), it's just a matter of convenience. Dripping while out of the house can often be a hassle, so it's an RTA for me when I'm mobile.
    Granted, that may change when I start squonking. :)

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 17, 2015
    Croatia
    I'll just throw this in there from another perspective.
    I'm 25 and vaping is still an oddity in my town as well, though it seems to be catching up. Two days ago i was having coffee after a work day and noticed an older gentleman (i'd say 50+) vaping a box mod and blowing noticeable clouds while waiting for his bus (i am in no way a cloud chaser, but the guy had game :D ). He looked like he was having so much fun. When he noticed me vaping we both smiled at each other and nodded. I'm sure if his bus hadn't arrived we would have had a nice chat. This has happened more than once, and i've met random people on the street this way.
    That would never have happened if he was afraid of looking like a freak, and personally those little things make my day.
    Why give such things up so that people who don't know you potentially think you're a freak? I doubt you would want such people in your life in the first place. Vape on!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest

Where I live, I don't either.

But I really don't care. To me, that's what being a real adult is about. I do as I please. I've earned it. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread