Vaping as an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodless2010

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2015
18 here, nearly 19.
Personally, I don't go around puffing big clouds, I have an iStick 20W and a kangertech aerotank for when I'm out and about. I sometimes carry my Innokin Disruptor and Doge RDA but I don't blow massive clouds in front of people. I tend to keep on the down low :) does that make me the odd young one out?

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Internally, I'm around 16, maybe as old as 23. According to my birth certificate, I'm in my 40's, and yet I still get carded (and love it).

I'm thinking of all the people on this thread, I have the smallest devices. I've been with V2 batts since 2011 and while I've had plenty of opportunity to go to bigger, probably better, devices I choose not to. I've been given mods and then gave them away, as I do prefer the cig-a-like for many reasons, but near the top is that in public, they are very easy to use. I vape everywhere with respect.

A few weeks, while golfing, there was another vaper there using his big device. I said to him, "you call that a vape device?" and then pulled out my cigalike and said, "this is a vape device!" Obviously, I was just having fun with him and knew he'd be all bragging about his bigger device. But I don't really care what fellow vapers in the wild use. My thought is use what works for you and whatever you spent money on to enjoy the same activity.

I also really like that my devices never put me over the 3 ml in a day category, and am usually at 1ml to 2 daily. I'm thinking on a bigger device that is enough for an hour, and yet, I vape probably as many puffs as most die hard vapers in a day.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I'm now 53... I will vape in public with no issues while carrying my DIY PWM box mods. Of course, this is only Outside, unless it's a vape shop or someplace I know that I can vape in, or in my vehicle. I will also vape with my 10 yo twins in the vehicle and/or the 14 yo daughter.
The other night I was in a Dairy Queen and a 70'ish yo with an eGo One was puffing away right inside the place. I actually surprised myself and said out loud "Very ignorant, Sir!" as I walked out the door with my 1590G+ CNC PWM in my hand to vape outside while my order while being made. No, I don't know if the place allowed vaping, but it did not allow smoking.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Back when I smoked I didn't light my pipe in public places and even stopped smoking cigarettes inside public buildings/areas back in the eighties when tobacco's image took a nose dive bringing on "the rise of the ANTZ". A retiree, I don't vape inside public buildings or in crowded areas as a common courtesy to others but have no problem doing so in full public view like when driving or walking down the sidewalk. Silver haired and usually well groomed/dressed, I do get curious looks from people when they see my Kato box mod and have had many interesting conversations as a result. People half my age are particularly intrigued, occasionally showing me "their" setup, eager to discuss our mutual interest. I've not actually encountered anyone near my age vaping in the wild, just young people under 30.

BAUMANZA

Sep 23, 2015
Other than in vape shops and lounges, I am still a bit uneasy about vaping in the wild, as a fatherly figure.

If I see an adult vaping anything like a sub-ohm/box mod or above, it's a guy, usually much younger. A few days ago, I saw 2 guys that couldn't have been more than 15-16 walking down my block with box mods. I occasionally see a Harley guy with respectable vape equipment, but nobody like myself..... though I have seen people of all ages in vape shops.

Given I'm no longer a student or hang in a college town, where to go, and how to think about it?

When I see someone like myself vaping, it's almost always an eGo or EVOD type device...... and I almost never see women using anything else, at least in public.

Does vaping with decent equipment, at least in public, end at age 35-40? I want to enjoy this, but I don't want to be seen as a freak either.
I spend maybe 6 hours a week down at the local vape shop and I've seen quite a few retired men just chilling, usually on box mods. I wouldn't say you'd be out of place vaping. It sure as heck beats puffing on a smoke, keep on vaping just chill with the "they might judge me" thinking.

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
What is the best source of info on vape conventions? A basic online search usually shows regional results, and I gather vaping is more popular in regions other than the northeast.

As for crop dusting the store, though inadvisable, seeing it would make my day!

Finally, my using the word freak was probably not so well thought out. Not so much self conscious here but I do care about my reputation at work. I assume my laptop on company network is visible for example, so I use my personal cell instead when I think the nannies might have too much free time.

Mike

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Other than in vape shops and lounges, I am still a bit uneasy about vaping in the wild, as a fatherly figure.

If I see an adult vaping anything like a sub-ohm/box mod or above, it's a guy, usually much younger. A few days ago, I saw 2 guys that couldn't have been more than 15-16 walking down my block with box mods. I occasionally see a Harley guy with respectable vape equipment, but nobody like myself..... though I have seen people of all ages in vape shops.

Given I'm no longer a student or hang in a college town, where to go, and how to think about it?

When I see someone like myself vaping, it's almost always an eGo or EVOD type device...... and I almost never see women using anything else, at least in public.

Does vaping with decent equipment, at least in public, end at age 35-40? I want to enjoy this, but I don't want to be seen as a freak either.
No way. I'm 37 years old and have no problem walking around with a Sigelei 150 and a Crown or the like. What's more, I've seen white haired, well dressed affluent looking older gentlemen vaping Provari like set ups out in the country and at shopping centers. It doesn't concern me at all. Personally I think it's much more respectable than seeing some dude pushing a stroller with a cigarette in his hand.

Reactions: AndriaD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread