vaping at bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
A buddy on mine in Prague is a barman at a restaurant bar. They tried to allow vaping, as vaping there isn't seen as smoking and allowed pretty much everywhere, but smokers would light up when they saw vapers, so I just go to the restroom or step outside for a vape...

They have had a change of heart since December/January and now allow vaping at the bar...

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I'm not frequenting establishments that are not willing to accommodate me.
Me too, I vote with my wallet. I live in a small beach town with a couple bars on every corner. One bar I frequented went to a No Vape policy and that was the last time I went in there. And the bartender waited until I was served to tell me (I was a 3x weekly regular and he well knew I vaped). Which ...... me off even more, plus he's my least favorite bartender in the entire town, with an attitude I don't like. And more interestingly, it's the lowest rent bar in that section of the town, a lot of people won't go in there just because the bathrooms have a rep for being disgusting.

When it's outlawed then I'll have to stop vaping in bars and, just like when smoking was outlawed in bars in my state, I'll probably stop spending time in bars, especially in the dead of winter. I can sit home and drink a Gin & Tonic for about a buck. Why should I pay 5x to be inconvenienced? I'm getting an attitude LOL

antoniojlm

Jun 12, 2015
Me too, I vote with my wallet. I live in a small beach town with a couple bars on every corner. One bar I frequented went to a No Vape policy and that was the last time I went in there. And the bartender waited until I was served to tell me (I was a 3x weekly regular and he well knew I vaped). Which ...... me off even more, plus he's my least favorite bartender in the entire town, with an attitude I don't like. And more interestingly, it's the lowest rent bar in that section of the town, a lot of people won't go in there just because the bathrooms have a rep for being disgusting.

When it's outlawed then I'll have to stop vaping in bars and, just like when smoking was outlawed in bars in my state, I'll probably stop spending time in bars, especially in the dead of winter. I can sit home and drink a Gin & Tonic for about a buck. Why should I pay 5x to be inconvenienced? I'm getting an attitude LOL

That is what we are getting, we stay at home with OU gins and tonic or rum , in short , politics, ......

Tony80

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
Interesting that a smoke detector can be triggered with vape. Our detector here is pretty sensitive, and it goes off every time we use the oven or cook bacon. :)
But, I have never triggered it with vapor.
Ours are the same, no issue with my vaping either.

As far as vaping in public, if I'm going to be there a while, I'll ask first, otherwise wait until I'm in my car or outside.
I was outside a store a while back vaping a few feet from the doors and a woman walked past, started immediately coughing...the vapor was blowing AWAY from her. I just shook my head and laughed as she walked inside.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
CA and Ny shouldnt really be a barometer for the rest of the country......unless were talking about sucking as states.

No offense to the people who live there but some of the dumbest laws in recent years have originated in these two states.

Ive run into zero problems with vaping in bars in Virginia. I did come across a bar with a sign prohibiting vaping when I was out running errands and I wont give them a dime of my money.

I always ask when out drinking just to be polite but more often than not I end up joining the smokers.......because I miss the conversation.

Reactions: Rossum

Inni

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Pasadena, California, US
CA and Ny shouldnt really be a barometer for the rest of the country......unless were talking about sucking as states.

No offense to the people who live there but some of the dumbest laws in recent years have originated in these two states.

Ive run into zero problems with vaping in bars in Virginia. I did come across a bar with a sign prohibiting vaping when I was out running errands and I wont give them a dime of my money.

I always ask when out drinking just to be polite but more often than not I end up joining the smokers.......because I miss the conversation.

I don't know about NY, but I totally agree about California.

It's as if a few people want to tell everyone what to do about EVERYTHING!

There are still some little hole in the wall bars where you can smoke cigs - so they let you vape, but no where I know of will allow vaping if they don't allow smoking - which is kinda sad.

The good news is - you can sneak a puff in the bathroom if you are tootle puffer like me! :p

No one has ever noticed.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
The real thing is: being allowed to vape doesn't give you the right to see how big a cloud you can blow when theres a family sitting next to you trying to enjoy a meal. Because of that most places where I live wont allow it anymore.

Im not a cloud seeker and agree with your statement 100 percent.

Blowing mad clouds is the equivalent of ordering a double shot of whiskey then pouring half of it down the front of your shirt because you think it makes you look cool.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
As much as I enjoy the clouds of thick dense vapor along with the flavor, at bars I generally due a 2nd inhale as to minimize the vapor while there. If I really just want to blow massive plumes, I simply step outside as to be courteous to others there. No need to making a scene and giving them other reasons to not to allow vaping. Or, i simply just break out my Tootle Puffer. :D

Inni

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Pasadena, California, US
As much as I enjoy the clouds of thick dense vapor along with the flavor, at bars I generally due a 2nd inhale as to minimize the vapor while there. If I really just want to blow massive plumes, I simply step outside as to be courteous to others there. No need to making a scene and giving them other reasons to not to allow vaping. Or, i simply just break out my Tootle Puffer. :D

:thumbs:

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
I vape mostly in my car, at home, and at work. Fri was my b day so we had dinner and a few drinks at a local bar with about 10 friends. 3 others and myself vape. I am pretty new to vaping and for some strange reason feel hesitant about vaping in public. After our drinks were served and the waiter noticed we were using pv's we were asked to move to a corner table so as not to bother anyone else. We gladly did to avoid any problems but I felt a little discouraged. Why do the people that chose to quit smoking have to hide in the corner while 20 or so people stand right in front of the door smoking with plumes of smoke trailing behind them as they walk back in? Our vapor was hardly noticable.

To sum this up I'm proud I've been cig free for a short time. After this experience I don't feel like an outcast vaping in public. Anyone been asked to move seating?

I own several clubs here in Arizona and we don't care if people vape. There have not been any complaints and I don't see any bans happening in the legislature. Let people vape. We had to create a smoking "patio" when the no smoking laws went into effect and I'm seeing less and less people out there using them.

When I went to Hakkasan in vegas I had my vape with me and they came up to me and told me that I couldn't use it. Their reasoning was that they didn't know what was in the juice people used, implying that illegal extracts could be used and they didn't want that. So in their dumb logic I could go purchase a pack of cigarettes and stand on their furniture, but vaping was out of the question. Same thing for Rehab at the Hard Rock. There were signs everywhere saying no vaping. Rehab is an outdoor venue too.

Most restaurants here I don't bother. I just go the the bathroom and vape all I want.

Reactions: Jman8

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
When I went to Hakkasan in vegas I had my vape with me and they came up to me and told me that I couldn't use it. Their reasoning was that they didn't know what was in the juice people used, implying that illegal extracts could be used and they didn't want that. So in their dumb logic I could go purchase a pack of cigarettes and stand on their furniture, but vaping was out of the question. Same thing for Rehab at the Hard Rock. There were signs everywhere saying no vaping. Rehab is an outdoor venue too.

Most restaurants here I don't bother. I just go the the bathroom and vape all I want.
This is the result of what I think is the big under-discussed aspect of the ANTZ campaign against vaping. They have managed to drill into the public conscience that every vape atty has illegal substances in it. I would say that 9 out of 10 times that some stranger mentions something about my vape, that stranger makes some crack about what {illicit substance} is in it or might be in it. It has gotten to the point where people just assume I must have that in my atty and say so. And yet I suspect the actual incidence of it is infinitesimally small on a relative basis.

This is the equivalent to banning water bottles in any public place because the bottles *may* contain hard liquor, which although not "illegal" is illegal in most public places unless specifically allowed via a liquor licence. No one worries about that. That is the power of propaganda and we are so losing that war.

Personally I would have told them thank you, but I will leave and go where my vape is accommodated. But I am getting very militant about it. I already vote with my feet at a local bar or two that has disallowed vaping. I figure I have a year or two at most before it is outlawed in all public places (like cigs here) so I'm going to enjoy it wherever I can, as much as I can, do it respectfully (no clouds, bro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread