Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
Is it really already NYS law that vaping inside at a company is prohibited?
yes sadly it is...when i went to a football game a year back i was not allowed to bring anything inside the stadium (ralph wilson stadium..buffalo bills ...yes very sad i know:nah:) that was when i was a smoker they made me throw out my smokes and lighter unless i brought them back to my car (a mile away) so i tossed them, i noticed them doing the same to vapers even back then toss it or walk it

they are also trying to ban it outright at the moment because so many people have switched to vaping , even more sad is the brand new vape shop they opened in the local mall ,its a very nice shop but...well..its inside so they are not allowd to vape inside their own vape shop..ie no sampling juices every time i go past it theres nobody there, so since i only vape extreme ice menthol i stopped in and bought a 50 ml bottle just to support them last time i was out of juice

also i vape at work i am a contractor ,out of respect i dont vape inside peoples houses

when we work at commercial jobs like the time warner buildings theres no smoking/vaping indoors but i did find the ol' vaping croud right outside the door:D

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Unfortunately, my employer recently modified the indoor smoking ban to include e-cigarettes. Stating that folks who use e-cigs must stand in the same "smoking" areas as folks who still use analogs. I chose to ignore the rule change, and continue to vape openly in my office. As far as I know, no complaints have been filed, and my office-mate plays "guess the flavor".

This is the same employer that offered a lower premium for folks who would submit to a nicotine swab test. If it came up clean, they offered a lowered premium. Apparently the presence of nicotine is enough to assume an employee smokes. I refused to submit to the test, and went directly to the VP of human resources to file a complaint. I received the premium discount without submitting to the swab, and the discount was eliminated during the next insurance enrollment cycle.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Unfortunately, my employer recently modified the indoor smoking ban to include e-cigarettes. Stating that folks who use e-cigs must stand in the same "smoking" areas as folks who still use analogs. I chose to ignore the rule change, and continue to vape openly in my office. As far as I know, no complaints have been filed, and my office-mate plays "guess the flavor".

This is the same employer that offered a lower premium for folks who would submit to a nicotine swab test. If it came up clean, they offered a lowered premium. Apparently the presence of nicotine is enough to assume an employee smokes. I refused to submit to the test, and went directly to the VP of human resources to file a complaint. I received the premium discount without submitting to the swab, and the discount was eliminated during the next insurance enrollment cycle.

I work at a health insurance company. We get asked: "Have you used a tobacco product in the last 12 months?"

Sort of insane when people get put through swabs. Fosters a bad work environment.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
I work in a small office of 8 people, with only 3 besides me on "my side" of the building. I also have my own office. I am the only "vaper" in the office. 2 others, including my boss, smoke. My boss knows I have switched to vaping and am not smoking anymore, but I declined to bring up with her what her policy would be (although since she is on the board of our local Public Health department and this is a government office, I'm sure she would ban it if it came up. So, I do what most do and stealth vape. Unless she's not here, like today, I've been vaping away at my desk all day!! My co-workers don't mind at all and they all think it smells great!

slipbreed

Jun 6, 2015
I love vaping at work! and everyone that I work with are always complementing on the smell of what I am vaping...
there was one day in particular that I will always remember where this older gentleman I work with (who doesn't even smoke mind you) was asking what the smell and flavor I was on that day. I then stated that I was smoking on a mix that I had made that was like a peach cobbler....
he then exclaimed "what?!? that's crazy! your smoking cookies!"
lol... glen is hilarious

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
We had a "smoker vs non smokers" policy for our insurance at work. They would swab you and if you came up with nic you got the non premium cost. I went with the owners son on the day of the test, and ordered a very large batch of fried eggplant knowing that he was a vegetarian. Did you know that eggplant has nic in it? He didn't (but I did)... when he was popped as being a smoker that policy was changed as he was not a smoker.

Jayrell

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Illinois
I love my vape, but at work I have to stealth... kinda sucks but at least I can still get my Nic.... people are in and out of my office all the time. Most don't care and know that I vape I just have to be careful to watch out for the big wigs and the top flight security officers that want to make a name for themselves Lmao

PermaPuff

Account closed on request
May 22, 2015
My company bans tobacco use and considers vaping to be tobacco use. I work for them so I have to agree to it. I guess if they wrote a policy that says up is down and black is white I would have to agree to that too....
Until you get fed up enough to look for a company that's more understanding. Or just get a vape job.

Dale Freed

May 29, 2015
I work in a restaurant. The owner doesn't have a problem with it and the customers often have questions about it. The other day I kinda got in trouble with the owner because while answering a question to a customer I blew out a huge (and I mean a HUGE) cloud. He asked me do that again and to keep the HUGE clouds to a minimum. lol It kinda lingered for 5 minutes, I think that was the problem.

TeamSwish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Detroit
Pretty sure my office would severely frown upon vaping....even if i felt like doing it at my desk, I have a pretty "anti" podmate who is anti-everything. We do have a single stall bathroom with a locking door so I have no problem if I really need to. I will walk to my car on breaks/lunch to vape. I like the exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread