Vaping flavored verse unflavored

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Anyone switched to vaping unflavored and now find it hard to go back to flavoring? With the concerns raised about flavoring i decided to dramatically drop using flavors and go unflavored. I am finding it hard to vape flavors now...they seem soo strong and leave my mouth sticky and yucky in comparison to no flavoring. I am also noticing even more so now that it leaves a bad odor on me and my cloths and it really smells bad as second hand vapor, verse how it was tasting to me when vaping it...something my kids have been saying for some time now.

I admit from time to time i like to perk things up for a evening vape and add my favorite flavoring as a treat..but boy how i was vaping this stuff every day or all day long i don't know. I DIY and did have a drawer full of flavorings..i have had to throw 90% of it in the trash because the aroma of CLOSED flavored containers have over taken not on the drawer but the entire room...CLOSED containers!! and my drawer weeks later still reeks of it badly...all i keep thinking is this can't be good for my lungs. I now vape unflavored only and occasionally enjoy a flavor as a treat before bed....my lungs even feel better.

Anyone else had this experience after vaping flavor-free liquid for a period of time?

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
As long as I don't freeze dry my juice, then breathe in the powder for 8 hours a day for a few months/years, I think I'll be fine....I could be wrong, but I'm willing to wait for evidence before I start to worry

Rabbit have you tried vaping unflavored? it was only when i did that for a period of time and occasionally treated myself to a flavor that i truly noticed the difference. My intention is not to challenge others choices, just wondering if others have had the same experience on some level.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Anyone switched to vaping unflavored and now find it hard to go back to flavoring? With the concerns raised about flavoring i decided to dramatically drop using flavors and go unflavored. I am finding it hard to vape flavors now...they seem soo strong and leave my mouth sticky and yucky in comparison to no flavoring. I am also noticing even more so now that it leaves a bad odor on me and my cloths and it really smells bad as second hand vapor, verse how it was tasting to me when vaping it...something my kids have been saying for some time now.

I admit from time to time i like to perk things up for a evening vape and add my favorite flavoring as a treat..but boy how i was vaping this stuff every day or all day long i don't know. I DIY and did have a drawer full of flavorings..i have had to throw 90% of it in the trash because the aroma of CLOSED flavored containers have over taken not on the drawer but the entire room...CLOSED containers!! and my drawer weeks later still reeks of it badly...all i keep thinking is this can't be good for my lungs. I now vape unflavored only and occasionally enjoy a flavor as a treat before bed....my lungs even feel better.

Anyone else had this experience after vaping flavor-free liquid for a period of time?
    Yes, not because of the health aspect.
    I'm just a lazy DIYer, and content with unflavored.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    I tried using only unflavored for some time. My real problem was, at 24mg nic, it tasted too much like a cigarette. I may try it again now that I've worked my way down to 6mg nic over the last year. The flavors kept the experience satisfying without hitting too close to home smoking wise.

I can certainly see how it might seem a little to close to cigs and why flavors play an important part for some.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    New York
    I tried using only unflavored for some time. My real problem was, at 24mg nic, it tasted too much like a cigarette. I may try it again now that I've worked my way down to 6mg nic over the last year. The flavors kept the experience satisfying without hitting too close to home smoking wise.

That's interesting. I remember a member a while back saying that unflavored is the closest taste to a cigarette. I get a slight smell like "ash" more than a taste. Like if I smell the liquid from the container, it's a clean smell though. The taste is more or less nothing, a tad sweet. Maybe a bit of that clean ash taste on an exhale through the nose, I don't know. But at 24mg I could see that being amplified.

I've been primarily vaping unflavored all year so far, I started at 6mg, now down to 3mg or less depending on the day. I notice when I dilute my 3mg closer to 0mg that smell is almost nonexistent.

Anyways, I just like because you can't smell it when it's vaped. And all my atomizers smell like nothing. I find the vape to be easy and smooth too.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    That's interesting. I remember a member a while back saying that unflavored is the closest taste to a cigarette. I get a slight smell like "ash" more than a taste. Like if I smell the liquid from the container, it's a clean smell though. The taste is more or less nothing, a tad sweet. Maybe a bit of that clean ash taste on an exhale through the nose, I don't know. But at 24mg I could see that being amplified.

I've been primarily vaping unflavored all year so far, I started at 6mg, now down to 3mg or less depending on the day. I notice when I dilute my 3mg closer to 0mg that smell is almost nonexistent.

Anyways, I just like because you can't smell it when it's vaped. And all my atomizers smell like nothing. I find the vape to be easy and smooth too.

I have slightly noticed that ash taste from time to time, but i vape low nic and may be why it's not that noticeable to me

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    I don't vape unflavored 100% of the time, I still need a couple vapes on flavored liquids through the day, but most the day I do use unflavored. Generally either a 30pg/70vg 12mg blend or a 50/50 12mg blend. Higher VG gives a sweeter tone and mutes the peppery nicotine tone, but both are just as enjoyable to me. Warmer months on the 30/70, cooler months I use the 50/50 to adjust for viscosity issues of environment.

Reactions: David Wolf

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    I have switched to mostly unflavored (usually 1% of flavor) because I just to not like superficial chemical taste of flavorings. I avoid food with flavorings also and not because of some health concerns but just because I feel its unnatural taste, rather unpleasant (with exception of MSG, but isn't it natural?). At 1% flavorings are not bad, can give different backgrounds. But 50% of my vape is completely unflavored.

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    I switched to unflavored mainly due to the fact I could never really taste the flavors and when I did taste them the flavor muted quickly. I have a flavored that I use on my way into work. then its unflavored for the rest of the day. On weekends, I use my home made net liquid.

I also got tired of paying higher prices for pre mixed especially when they had no taste.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I haven't done it. Vaping unflavored to me seems like going into Baskin & Robbins and always getting vanilla. Why limit yourself?

Maybe you have to be a bit of a Foodie to enjoy flavors. I'm sort of the opposite of you-When I started I'm like "why is this stuff flavored??".

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I vape unflavored maybe 50% of the time. But when I do vape flavored DIY, I have cut way back on flavor percentage. I prefer just a hint of flavor. I have a cabinet full of DIY juices I've enjoyed previously, which I've been cutting back with 75% or more unflavored.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2014
    Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
    Mine is not due to health concerns just for the fact that I did not bat an eye even when told what is in the cigarettes and how bad they can be. It was Unflavored though that got me off the stinkies. Flavored juices didn't cut it. When I finally quit smoking those death sticks, I finally started to enjoy the flavors. I mostly vape 24 mg Unflavored all day while at work. Maybe a hit or 2 during lunch break of the flavored for a treat. At home I usually split it between the 2. I would say 65% of my time is using the Unflavored vrs 35% of the time using flavors. Writing this while puffing 24mg Unflavored on my tootle puffer. :D:vapor:

Reactions: David Wolf
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread