Vaping flavored verse unflavored

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I haven't done it. vaping unflavored to me seems like going into Baskin & Robbins and always getting vanilla. Why limit yourself?

To be honest. Most of the eliquids I have tasted premix for the last 3 years, suck. The only one I really liked was Gandalf from HHV. I got tired of paying for liquid that sucked.

Oh I like vanilla.. I order vanilla almost every ice cream parlor I go to. Except Graeter's - there I get the black raspberry and chip.

Reactions: Wow1420

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Anyone switched to vaping unflavored and now find it hard to go back to flavoring? With the concerns raised about flavoring i decided to dramatically drop using flavors and go unflavored. I am finding it hard to vape flavors now...they seem soo strong and leave my mouth sticky and yucky in comparison to no flavoring. I am also noticing even more so now that it leaves a bad odor on me and my cloths and it really smells bad as second hand vapor, verse how it was tasting to me when vaping it...something my kids have been saying for some time now.

I admit from time to time i like to perk things up for a evening vape and add my favorite flavoring as a treat..but boy how i was vaping this stuff every day or all day long i don't know. I DIY and did have a drawer full of flavorings..i have had to throw 90% of it in the trash because the aroma of CLOSED flavored containers have over taken not on the drawer but the entire room...CLOSED containers!! and my drawer weeks later still reeks of it badly...all i keep thinking is this can't be good for my lungs. I now vape unflavored only and occasionally enjoy a flavor as a treat before bed....my lungs even feel better.

Anyone else had this experience after vaping flavor-free liquid for a period of time?
Yes. When I come home from the Vape shop I take a shower and throw the clothes I was wearing in the washing machine.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I just never found a flavor that I could vape for more than a few minutes. I've been using unflavored for 2 1/2 years. Every now and then, like once a month, I'll use a flavored liquid for a couple of hours, but it is rare.

My wife uses a dark tobacco liquid that definitely leaves an odor...not sure that it lingers or stays on her clothing...but I do smell it when she's vaping.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Unflavored (50/50) Definitely 75% of the time. The other 25% is a mix of Unflavored (50/50) and Menthol Flavoring, a 10 to 1 Unflavored/Menthol mix. The Unflavored is MBV @ 12mg. the Menthol is MBV @ 0mg. Both in RTA's. I just couldn't taste the flavors enough to enjoy.

Reactions: Wow1420

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Do you drink flavored coffee?

Not so much if its drip. If there is flavor, I'd rather it be in cream. Espresso, then I like a mocha.

I always get vanilla. It's the only flavor to get for a hot fudge sundae.

No no no. Next time try cookies and cream with hot fudge. Oh yeah!

Reactions: Jman8

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I made a large batch (2 30ml bottles) of unflavored for vacation about a month ago. It wasn't totally unflavored. I added 10 drops of menthol and 10 drops of Koolada to each and it leaves a very light, pleasant menthol taste. I really like it. Now I just have to go through the almost 800ml of flavored to get it down to this one ;) Don't know if I can really do that. Sometimes those flavors are really nice.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
OP, I started vaping unflavored a while back, and found out I really liked it. I started DIY about a year and a half ago, and was using way less flavoring than a lot of folks were recommending. I still mix my ( mostly tobacco) juices to what I originally worked them out for, but lately have been filling my tanks or REO bottles with a little bit of flavored and then filling with un-flavored. A lot of days I'll just go no flavor all day, then drip some flavored at night for a treat. I find the actual flavor of the PG/VG and nic to be quite satisfying all on it's own. I've been meaning to purge a bunch of my bottles of flavoring for a while now, some I know will never be used again.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
My health concerns for staying with unflavored actually wasn't based "solely" on the typical discussion we see on the forums regarding diacetyl or acetyl propionyl (hope i spelled those right). Like many others, i was initially focusing on diacetyl when i switched to unflavored. It was when i made the switch that new concerns came about that i never thought about or considered until my lungs started sending me signals.

I have COPD so i get into some bad deep coughs at times...when i was vaping flavored i would cough up a god awful after taste from the flavoring. It literally took weeks of vaping unflavored for that to go away. This for me raised concerns regarding the stagnant air quality being created in my lungs and the potential breeding ground of trouble it could cause over time.

I thought back to the powerful flavor odor that still remains in the drawer and the room from flavoring containers i trashed weeks ago. To make matters worse, i have two unopened flavors that are still in a sealed package and just touching them leaves a strong odor on my hands and immediately hits my sense of smell as it consumes the room with it....again they are in a sealed package unopened and still penetrating the packaging. I don't cough as much or find my lungs no where near as irritated since vaping unflavored. Aside from an occasional treat of flavoring massively diluted down, i am very uncomfortable putting THAT STUFF in my lungs. It's not just about diacetyl or acetyl propionyl anymore for me.

Reactions: Vapntime

ronscave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Holden, ME, USA
Well after reading all these posts I figured it was time to try just "Unflavored"...guess it's not for me as it's quite bland and I like all of my flavors to be strong. I'm also sure that different unflavored brands can/will taste different. For now I will stick with my flavors..as they say to each their own. Vape on

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
When I vaped flavors (sweets, fruits, bakery), I found I needed to rotate through them frequently, because no matter how good they tasted initially, I tired quickly of them. Finally i figured out that I could vape menthol all day long. Since I DIY, I tried different flavoring amounts and found lower flavoring just as good or better. Ocassionally, I'd use a little bit a fruit flavor along with the menthol.

A couple of months ago, I went to just plain unflavored and after a bit of time to get used to it, I've come to enjoy unflavored. I keep one tank with a very light menthol now, but mostly vape unflavored. It's mostly pure preference, but feels good knowing that I'm not breathing in extra chemicals.

I thought I'd eventually use up my stock of flavorings, but I've lost interest and may end up having to toss them. Or maybe just use them for flavoring my tea.

Unflavored helps for lazy vaping too. Mixing is super simple and coils last nearly forever.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Very interesting to hear many having positive experiences with vaping unflavored as i was expecting many to not care for it. I have the same problem with not tasting the flavors and for me, it happens within a day of vaping the same flavor regardless if i mix it up. I have also noticed my coils last sooo much longer as well when vaping unflavored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread