Vaping flavored verse unflavored

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I use unflavored most of the time. Like the others the flavors tend to weaken with use. I'll mount a tank with fruit, chocolate, coffee or mint for an hour or less and always switch back to the unflavored.

I'm also lazy and cheap! I found that many 'store bought' juice's can be cut with 2/3 50/50 unflavored and still taste good. I swear that whatever the PG content in some of the juices is all flavoring - way to much for me now. Personally I use 1-5% is enough for me.

My coils/wicks usually last a few weeks or more. Generally I'll swap them out while wanting to try a different build rather than actually needing to change them.

I generally use %100VG at 9-18mg. It tastes slightly sweet with a hint of nicotine after taste. It leaves no aroma or smell.

Last edited:

Vapez

Ultra Member
    Aug 22, 2015
    Norway
    I switched to unflavored mainly due to the fact I could never really taste the flavors and when I did taste them the flavor muted quickly. I have a flavored that I use on my way into work. then its unflavored for the rest of the day. On weekends, I use my home made net liquid.

I also got tired of paying higher prices for pre mixed especially when they had no taste.
    Same to me.

Reactions: bluecat

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I vape a 50/50 24mg base. Sometimes I'll put in either a Key Lime (~ 1%) or a Perique Black (less than 1/2%) flavors, sometimes even both (same ratio though). Recently I was at a vape shop that just opened and the kid that owns it gave me a bottle of 30PG/70VG 18mg with some kind of cereal/cinnamon flavored juice. I mix that 2 or 3 to 1 with unflavored and it's still almost too 'flavored' to vape..

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Anyone else had this experience after vaping flavor-free liquid for a period of time?

I've always diluted my ejuice by about 50%, in the early years, i was "wondering" why i hated almost all elquids, almost gave up vaping LOL Then I realized I just don't like strong flavoring.

Started vaping unflavored, then once in a while if I am DIYing I will drop one drop of flavoring into a whole 30ml bottle of unflavored. More than enough for me.

Unflavored is very mellow and satisfying. And you can vape for cheap. And your coils last forever.

If I buy vendor juice now I just put about 1/8th of it into a full bottle of plain pg/vg solution.......perfect.

Reactions: bluecat

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Sometimes I'll put in either a Key Lime (~ 1%) or a Perique Black (less than 1/2%) flavors

half of a percent is sure different than some of the vendor juice that is sometimes 30% or even 40% flavoring........kinda scares me to vape that kind of %.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Started vaping unflavored, then once in a while if I am DIYing I will drop one drop of flavoring into a whole 30ml bottle of unflavored. More than enough for me.

One Drop ? I can't even remember back to the time that I could taste something that subtle. I use 1mL Menthol Flavoring to 10mL Unflavored and get a mild Menthol taste (what is that, 10%). After 52 years of Tobacco I really torched my taster for good I think. I have gotten 2 months off the same coil AND wick (KGD) using Unflavored. If I change coils it's to experiment with a new setup, like Quad wire twisted 32g Kanthal, or maybe a Clapton 26/32 coil, or a different coil ID. I'm Boring I guess.

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    One Drop ? I can't even remember back to the time that I could taste something that subtle. I use 1mL Menthol Flavoring to 10mL Unflavored and get a mild Menthol taste (what is that, 10%). After 52 years of Tobacco I really torched my taster for good I think. I have gotten 2 months off the same coil AND wick (KGD) using Unflavored. If I change coils it's to experiment with a new setup, like Quad wire twisted 32g Kanthal, or maybe a Clapton 26/32 coil, or a different coil ID. I'm Boring I guess.
    I'm starting to vape unflavored, bought some from excigexpress now have a sample on order from nude nicotine. I would like to try adding a small amount of mild and smooth menthol, is there such a thing as natural menthol? Any recommendations for menthol flavoring?

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Most Menthol is extracted from plants. I wouldnt worry too much, it's a single substance, not a complex mixture.
    Much like salt is salt, Menthol is Menthol.

Weelll, not quite. I get mine from MBV, 2 different kinds. "Menthol" and "USA Menthol", They do taste different. The "Menthol" taste is Fresher and Cooler, the "USA Menthol" has what I Think is a slight Tobacco type flavor of Menthol, not as clean of flavor, more like a "Kool Filter King" cigarette type of Menthol. I like Both by the way.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I was talking about pure Menthol, not some flavor that has Menthol in it's name.
    You can buy pure Menthol crystalls here in pharamacies. Just dilute them in PG, tada, pure Menthol flavor.

"I was talking about pure Menthol, not some flavor that has Menthol in it's name." That's how most of us here buy our Menthol, Not the Crystals. I didn't even know that we could get crystals. I see that You're in Vienna, I haven't checked (cause I didn't even know about them) to see if WE can get Menthol Crystals in Pharmacies here or not, with the way the Laws are getting anymore with the Government trying to protect us from ourselves and all. Interesting to hear about anyway, Thanks.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mauricem00

dhood

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2014
    Georgia
    I picked up an ounce of menthol crystals from myfreedomsmokes a while back. I found that half an ounce (14-15 grams) of crystals and 15ml of PG fit perfectly in a 30ml bottle. DIY menthol flavoring that is just about as strong, or stronger, than what you can buy from some flavoring suppliers. 10 drops in a 30ml batch of unflavored is more than enough for me.

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I picked up an ounce of menthol crystals from myfreedomsmokes a while back. I found that half an ounce (14-15 grams) of crystals and 15ml of PG fit perfectly in a 30ml bottle. DIY menthol flavoring that is just about as strong, or stronger, than what you can buy from some flavoring suppliers. 10 drops in a 30ml batch of unflavored is more than enough for me.

Wow, Cool (pardon the Pun) ;). I need to bookmark your post just in case I ever get into DIY Heavy Duty and can't remember a good starting point. Thank You.

Reactions: dhood

cllmda

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Anyone switched to vaping unflavored and now find it hard to go back to flavoring? With the concerns raised about flavoring i decided to dramatically drop using flavors and go unflavored. I am finding it hard to vape flavors now...they seem soo strong and leave my mouth sticky and yucky in comparison to no flavoring. I am also noticing even more so now that it leaves a bad odor on me and my cloths and it really smells bad as second hand vapor, verse how it was tasting to me when vaping it...something my kids have been saying for some time now.
    I really dont understand this...

It's the absolute OPPOSITE of what Ive heard over the years ie. feedback from non-vapers and non-smokers .People-even the most snarky & "difficult" who dont compliment easily- actually tell me how GOOD it smells when I vape near them !
    And no odours remain on my clothes or in the room afterwards....(as was the case previously with analogs)

Then again, I dont push out very BIG clouds and most importantly I guess it may depend on what type of flavourings one uses....?

I usually use NATURAL fruit flavorings whenever I can or else at least premium fruit and or bakery type liquids....aromas that will probably appeal to most people..so that too may come into play ???

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    I'm starting to vape unflavored, bought some from excigexpress now have a sample on order from nude nicotine. I would like to try adding a small amount of mild and smooth menthol, is there such a thing as natural menthol? Any recommendations for menthol flavoring?
    I usually get my nic from ecigexpress or mfs. I did get a sample from nude nicotine. Their nic is clean as in zero taste. I prefer ecigexpress.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I usually get my nic from ecigexpress or mfs. I did get a sample from nude nicotine.
    I've been getting a 50/50 24mg. base from MVS. A 125ml. (about 4 oz.) bottle costs me 8 bucks and will last me for at least 3.5 - 4 months if I'm stringent enough. I do have a sample order from Nude Nic. Curiosity, you know..

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    I've been getting a 50/50 24mg. base from MVS. A 125ml. (about 4 oz.) bottle costs me 8 bucks and will last me for at least 3.5 - 4 months if I'm stringent enough. I do have a sample order from Nude Nic. Curiosity, you know..

The same reason I got it from NN. For a clean nic, it is perfect. I guess I like my nic a little dirty though.

Reactions: bsidb
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread