Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Honestly I would really look into Mountain Oak. I have great experience with them. I have posted several reviews on their flavors. "Eric Ebe", That would be me on the site. Also keep reading the site for e-liquid reviews and company reviews. That can help tremendously.
moutain oak does make some really good juice - they are local for me (their main shop/ mixing facility is 15 minutes from my house and my BIL runs the shop there)... great people and really good juice :)

Reactions: VapeViv

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Try some unflavoured.

Really.

Then try vaping the unflavoured with small amounts of the flavoured stuff added to it.

Invest in a simple $10 rda and use that to test flavors.
great suggestion - i actually vape unflavored occasionally by choice, too :)

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks a lot for this advice. I won't give up yet. A question... When steeping multiple flavours, is it ok to leave them all in the same place with the caps open or will there be croos contamination of the flavours if you do this? Thanks!

I don't leave the tops off. . . I just toss em in a drawer and give them a shake if I remember. (I'm REALLY bad at this process, I'm completely unreliable and I have no patience.) :lol:

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Also, remember that if you're vaping to quit smoking, your taste buds are going to be a little crazy for a while. Some of the flavors you can't taste right now, might be more noticeable to you in a few weeks. I've seen a few people who smoked for a long time who said they could only taste cinnamon flavors for the first few weeks. If you've been a long time smoker your taste buds are going to be muted and not wake up for a few weeks.

Reactions: sreevesmk

VapeViv

Sep 27, 2015
Also, remember that if you're vaping to quit smoking, your taste buds are going to be a little crazy for a while. Some of the flavors you can't taste right now, might be more noticeable to you in a few weeks. I've seen a few people who smoked for a long time who said they could only taste cinnamon flavors for the first few weeks. If you've been a long time smoker your taste buds are going to be muted and not wake up for a few weeks.

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm not a smoker, really. Last time I smoked was 6 months ago but I do have a craving for it every once in a while and I figured vaping would be better thank picking up a cigarette. I was also attracted to vaping because of all the cool flavours... Figured I could replace my desert and help me unwind at the same time.

VapeViv

Sep 27, 2015
You can steep multiple flavors. However SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE, Senora your bottles when filling your tanks. The juices can settle/separate and that may be where your chemical taste is coming through.

Thanks! Yeah, I've been shaking, lol. Perhaps the steeping will help. I guess I'll just vape on the cartridges to use them up until my juices have steeped for a week and then try those again. I'll also try the rda to taste flavours... Any opinions on using used cartomizers for this purpose? I've read you can extract the polifill in them and use them for dripping...

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks! Yeah, I've been shaking, lol. Perhaps the steeping will help. I guess I'll just vape on the cartridges to use them up until my juices have steeped for a week and then try those again. I'll also try the rda to taste flavours... Any opinions on using used cartomizers for this purpose? I've read you can extract the polifill in them and use them for dripping...

Pretty close to what you're thinking. This is how we old fogies used to drip back in the day...
The Ocelot's Guide to Dripping
Drip, Drip, Drip - The Sound of Dripping

They even still sell the type of atomizers that Ocelot was talking about. They're great for juice testing if you don't want to deal with rebuildables.

VapeViv

Sep 27, 2015
Pretty close to what you're thinking. This is how we old fogies used to drip back in the day...
The Ocelot's Guide to Dripping
Drip, Drip, Drip - The Sound of Dripping

They even still sell the type of atomizers that Ocelot was talking about. They're great for juice testing if you don't want to deal with rebuildables.

Cool, thanks!

Reactions: Kaezziel

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Having used VaporFi, myself, I'm gonna offer my two cents.

Pitch the express kit ASAP. Even with refillable tanks you're probably getting weak vapor, and as such, weak flavor. I started with their Pro kit, though since its reportedly a Kanger rebrand I recommend their Evod battery with an Evod 2 tank, which you can get for much cheaper.

I've done VF's liquids FOOB and their 70/30 isn't bad but giving them a week or two to steep wouldn't hurt. I've only had one flavor from them that was unvapable a month later and that was a custom blend. I do remember very vanilla being mild at 2 shots but chalked that up to it being a single flavor, meant for mixing. I just finished off a bottle of their July BOTM Club offering: Amaretto Sunrise/Vanilla/Cheesecake. Good enough to reorder, IMHO.

VF's 50/50 blends, however, need ALOT of steeping. One I got in August was so bad I was thinking of pitching it. Glad I didn't because two months later it's actually quite good.

Hope that helps.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I know eversmoke and vaporfi are sister companies so perhaps their juices are like that but reviews were fantastic for these juices which makes me think I'm the problem. Maybe vaping just isn't for me? Extremely bummed. Any advice? Thanks!

Welcome. :)

Would it surprise you to discover that there is a great deal of fakery and foul play in the e-cig industry? Some reviews are not to be trusted. In fact, most of the "top rated" brands are top rated because they pay to be at the top. In order to pay to be at the top, you and I get overcharged and taken for $$$$, in some cases, up to 3 or 4 times as much.

I find it strange that the very same companies who claim to be "fair priced", "high quality" and "top rated" also promise people who resell their products up to 400% profit margins.

Sadly, I spent $800 on second-rate, premium priced products and never even stopped smoking for one day. Then I discovered ECF. :)

Try a genuine vaping company (run by vapers for vapers) making niche liquids for all us nice people trying to quit/that have quit smoking. Once you get it right, it's easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread