Vaping for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ2017

Jan 25, 2017
Hey Everyone!

I quit smoking cigarettes two weeks ago and haven't looked back. I started with a Aspire Pockex which I loved, This little thing produced dense clouds for its size & specs

I decided last week to get a new set up, Im currently using the Aspire Archon mod with a Cleito tank and 0.2 coils

I won't lie it took quite a bit to get used too, The only issue i'm having right now is that the Archon is creating a hell of a throat hit and it's fairly hot, but it's actually creating very little vapor

I've tried long pulls and short pulls, both seem to be the same right now

Currently i'm using a max VG juice with zero nicotine, My wattage is 55 which is recommended for those coils and the Temp is 200C which is also the recommended starting setting, The batteries are the Efest 18650

Its definitely working, just not producing those large clouds that its suppose too

If anyone has any input or may have noticed something with my setup that's not correct or could be improved please let me know

Reactions: KentA and NCC

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hey Everyone!

I quit smoking cigarettes two weeks ago and haven't looked back. I started with a Aspire Pockex which I loved, This little thing produced dense clouds for its size & specs

I decided last week to get a new set up, Im currently using the Aspire Archon mod with a Cleito Tank and 0.2 coils

I won't lie it took quite a bit to get used too, The only issue i'm having right now is that the Archon is creating a hell of a throat hit and it's fairly hot, but it's actually creating very little vapor

I've tried long pulls and short pulls, both seem to be the same right now

Currently i'm using a max VG juice with zero nicotine, My wattage is 55 which is recommended for those coils and the Temp is 200C which is also the recommended starting setting, The batteries are the Efest 18650

Its definitely working, just not producing those large clouds that its suppose too

If anyone has any input or may have noticed something with my setup that's not correct or could be improved please let me know
Alright i got a few things for you
1) I'd ditch the efest batteries. they aren't good. it's always my advice, but in a realistic setting since you are only vaping at 55 watts in a dual battery mod you'd never be pulling more then 10 amps anyway in the batteries so you are probably fine. But it's recommended to get better batteries
2) in a tank like that i wouldn't use max VG juice. 70/30 is probably the best but 60/40 or 80/20 will work as well. max VG is too thick and won't wick fast enough. it's only for drippers really, not tanks.
3) Temp control will only work if you are using SS coils. the .2 ohm coils you are using are kenthal wire not SS wire so can't be used in temp control. they do make a .4ohm SS coil for the tank if you wanted to try temp control, but for now use power mode at 55 watts

JJ2017

Jan 25, 2017
Alright i got a few things for you
1) I'd ditch the efest batteries. they aren't good. it's always my advice, but in a realistic setting since you are only vaping at 55 watts in a dual battery mod you'd never be pulling more then 10 amps anyway in the batteries so you are probably fine. But it's recommended to get better batteries
2) in a tank like that i wouldn't use max VG juice. 70/30 is probably the best but 60/40 or 80/20 will work as well. max VG is too thick and won't wick fast enough. it's only for drippers really, not tanks.
3) Temp control will only work if you are using SS coils. the .2 ohm coils you are using are kenthal wire not SS wire so can't be used in temp control. they do make a .4ohm SS coil for the tank if you wanted to try temp control, but for now use power mode at 55 watts

Thank you for the Response Anthony_Vapes! Iv taken your advice and my mod is working great!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @JJ2017 and I hope you enjoy your stay! Congratulations on quitting but the only thing I can contribute or actually ask you is.................. Zero Nicotine? Wow if you can do it more power to you! I started at 18 to 24MG and with the first MOD went to 6 while spiking tanks on occasion and in a month was at 3MG.

Vape On and Vape Safe!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

rwnielsen

Test Pilot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Long Beach CA
This whole community has gotten so advanced I feel like an outsider. It's OK though, I haven't smoked in about 7 years and feel pretty good about it. I'm glad to see you're all still helping each other out. That really makes a difference. Carry on!!

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi JJ and welcome
I also agree with Anthony on all but the max VG comment. As a max VG person I've found you can make most coils work with it but as long as you've got it working well for you I won't bother to elaborate.
true. it can work as long as the tank doesn't trap it. some tanks the juice can get stuck between the chimney and the glass and not allow it to reach the cotton. I know people complained about the ammit doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread