Vaping ignorance (My Experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Oct 13, 2014
MD
No .......True Story...There I was vaping out front of my house w/ my cousin smoking her cigarette and her baby chilling in his little chair while my Pit Bull Miya was doing her business and my Aunt had walked over to borrow the lawn mower....And she walked over to us and was greeting the baby....and I had just blew out a nice little cloud from my 4nine mech mod w/ a Tobh atty on it....My aunt see's this and I get this look of curiosity and confusion at first...and she looks down at my hand and sees my mod....she proceeds to storm over to me and snatch my hand up to get a closer look at my mod...."What the .... is this? What the hell are you smoking?" she says as shes looking it up and down trying figuring out where the [Other stuff] goes [Moderated] and how I've figured out how to mask the [Other Stuff] smell....So I explain to her what it is and that I've quit smoking and she should try it blah blah blah....and she says "Oh" in a kind of disappointing way and walks off....haha....To this day a couple of my family members think I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing but I'm 25yrs old and their not gonna say what they really think because they know me as the smooth talker who would just talk myself out of any accusations anyway....but I still get the sideways looks even though I've explained to them in detail what it is...how it works...why it's better then cigarettes for health reasons and $ reasons if you do it right....but I think this is a common misconception....and I've gotten the questions about other types of vaporizers for ... and they are out...they do exist...but it is not anywheres close to in functionality or appearance to my mechanical mod with tobh or mut X atty...ignorance runs rapid daily, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf KeepItSimpleStupid. So glad you are here and congrats on vaping. That's a funny story and you will gather plenty more. I think the funniest comment I've had is an older man asked me if what I was using is one of those electronic cigarettes and I said yes. He said it was still smoking to which I replied, "No, this is water vapor, I'm not lighting anything and smoking". He thought about it a bit and came back over to me and asked if I was worried about lung mold from the water vapor. I explained what was in my juice and how pg is used in inhalers and I actually think he went away with more questions and might even look into vaping. That's what it is all about.

Like they say, "Haters gonna hate". You just have to keep explaining to people who are interested and ignore the ones who refuse to give up their cigarettes like I did for so many years. Have fun and happy vaping to you.

Reactions: QcVaper

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

PatrickG

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Indiana
I've gotten so tired of people asking what I'm doing. Whenever I get asked, I make the answer too complicated for the conversation to continue.

"What's that, an e-cigarette?"

"Yeah, it's a Super T Manufacturing Precise 16340 mod, with a Kanger Aerotank V2 full of Vermillion River's Kentucky Vanilla Blend."

Instant subject change.

rickyrickeric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Blaine, WA, USA
I agree with you, Cinetrope.

One of the most persistent questions I get from the un-initiated seems to center around whether or not my Subtank Mini is filled with something other than e-liquid. My wife and I were at one of our local watering holes last night where they are vape-friendly, and a rather inebriated dude stumbles over to me, and goes "c'mon, Man....what's REALLY in that thing?" :p I assured him it was nicotine, flavorings, and VG, and nothing more.

Of course, since we live in the newly 420-friendly state of WA, I can't say that I blame folks for asking.

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
I agree with you, Cinetrope.

One of the most persistent questions I get from the un-initiated seems to center around whether or not my Subtank Mini is filled with something other than e-liquid. My wife and I were at one of our local watering holes last night where they are vape-friendly, and a rather inebriated dude stumbles over to me, and goes "c'mon, Man....what's REALLY in that thing?" :p I assured him it was nicotine, flavorings, and VG, and nothing more.

Of course, since we live in the newly 420-friendly state of WA, I can't say that I blame folks for asking.

More than once, I've had this too!! lol

DrCupCake81

Nov 4, 2012
Texas
I've had ridiculous encounters myself. The most recent was a nurse telling me that vaping is bad. That she just hooked a ventilator that day to a man that had been vaping and smoking. I replied with "How long has he been smoking and how long has he been smoking AND vaping? She ended up walking away from me. Never answering any of my questions.

DrCupCake81

Nov 4, 2012
Texas
Slightly different take on the subject, but I'm proud of your aunt. Taking care of her family. Scolding you (mistakenly) when she thought you needed it, and protecting that baby from your (imaginary) naughty behavior. Sounds like you have a nice close family.

What about the cousin smoking a cigarette in front of her baby?

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
I've gotten so tired of people asking what I'm doing. Whenever I get asked, I make the answer too complicated for the conversation to continue.

"What's that, an e-cigarette?"

"Yeah, it's a Super T Manufacturing Precise 16340 mod, with a Kanger Aerotank V2 full of Vermillion River's Kentucky Vanilla Blend."

Instant subject change.

Vaping is actually quite common among my extended group of friends. We all smoked since high school together. Vaping has really become main stream in my area in the past year or so. Some of my friends have tried and failed to transition. One of my friends really only smokes when he drinks, which is what I'm transitioning to since going cold turkey for a while back.

I'll smoke a couple on Saturday night, then crave one on Sunday. By Monday I'm fine and not craving any, luckily.

Anyways, the real comment was meant to be that most people know what it is by now. The only real questions i get are about equipment, but I have probably the 3 most common e-cig products out there. Eleaf iStick 30w, Kayfun Clone, and Kanger Mini Protank 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread