1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Vaping in a COURT ROOM!!!

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes in Public' started by Acheron, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Acheron

Acheron Full Member

So i got my Riva in over the weekend and LOVE it... i can't stand the smell of an analog anymore... am currently vaping cappuccino and its nice... but wanted to share an experiance i had this morning actually... i was in a Court Room awaiting to see the judge to get a speeding ticket moved to a non moving violation... and decided to just see what would happen... as i sit in the back of the court room vaping it was NICE!!! well... untill a Deputy came over cause someone reported that i was chewing on a BULLET!!! ok .. so maybe my platinum Riva does look like an AR round... kinda... well not so much... but i educated him on what it was... and what it did... even took it apart and allowed him to taste it... he was shocked... things were great till the judge, who was now paying attention to the 3 deputies and myself talking in the back corner, asked what was going on... one of the Deputies explained that i was "vaping" in the back of the court room.. the Judge then explained that "Thats ILLEGAL" .... i was shocked... Vaping.. illegal... NEVER!!! so me... being the dumbass/smartass that i am... stood up and replied "Your honor, I have no problem putting this in my pocket and never taking it out in YOUR court room if that is what you are asking, however stating that Vaping is illegal is incorrect.. if you would be so kind to please tell me the law about vaping i would gladly comply" ... well he stood there.. looking and said "put it in your pocket" .. and i did... well after court i was confronted by 4 other on lookers who were smokers... and gave them the link to this forum... and the link to a few distributors that i deal with... one of them got on his IPhone and ordered a kit right in front of me....

2. lmrasch

lmrasch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I LOVE IT! LOL! That is a CLASSIC...at true CLASSIC!

3. uba egar320

uba egar320 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I OBJECT!! Awesome story. You could have been vapings first martyr!

4. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Interesting story. I would not have done it. I usually never vape where smoking is prohibited. The only time I have was at the airport waiting for a flight and there was nobody around.

5. FireHorse

FireHorse Super Member ECF Veteran

Hahaha!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

6. ckc

ckc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You a dumbass/smartass?? I'd have said bada$$.....well done,very well done :)

7. Acheron

Acheron Full Member

well i didn't want to sound " to cocky" lol....

8. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

I guess you still had to pay your ticket also....lol.

9. Acheron

Acheron Full Member

well he did approve to move it to a non moving violation so that it won't go on my driving record... but yes... still had to pay the courts 250.00 :(

10. BadThad

BadThad Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oh man....that's FUNNY! WTG!

11. WillieB69

WillieB69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The judge must have been having a good day. He could have just as easily nailed you for contempt!

12. PowerofParanoia

PowerofParanoia Super Member ECF Veteran

You're my hero.
    :D

13. Acheron

Acheron Full Member

i was aware of that about 10 seconds AFTER i opened my mouth and said what i did... i was thinking "Yep... going to jail for sure!!!" i could just see it... calling my employer.. and explaining i need to be bailed out cause of my mouth...

14. Gamer

Gamer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love this. awesome story! :D

15. Nikhil

Nikhil Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nice. That would've made a great YouTube video.

16. justincase

justincase Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Way cool story. To bad the judge wasn't a smoker (well, he may be) and wanted more info on the matter.
    Would've been nice to school a judge on e-cigs. We need more of those types on our team. :thumb:
    As a side note, you can't get "bailed" out of jail if you are found in contempt. You are stuck there until the judge releases you.

17. geko

geko Full Member

nah, you prob would have had to take it further for contempt. You said you would comply with his request and then asked for a clarification...nothing wrong with that. In fact it's kinda the judges job.

18. Diagasa

Diagasa Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You got incredibly lucky. The judge could have held you in contempt of court for that. But with that being said it is a complete win for the Vaping world.

19. librarising

librarising Moved On ECF Veteran

rofl! Great story! :::::applause::::

20. son et lumiere

son et lumiere Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Haha this is too cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.