Travel and Vaping Vaping in airports allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
From my understanding it's not allowed on planes at all. Some airports have restrictions while others do not. If you stealth vape or do so in a bathroom you shouldn't have an issue. As stated above all of your juice or any liquid must fit into a liter sized zip lock bag. zahzoo said 3 oz bottles...I was thinking 1 oz so may want to check on that.

Also any of your li-ion batteries must be on carry on and not in stow away. Have each battery separated into a separate zip lock bag as none of the metal contacts should be in contact with one another or have a chance of being in contact with one another. Those shouldn't be in the same zip lock as your juice.

I'm traveling here in December again...first time by plane and having vaping gear so did a bit of research. Please correct me if I am wrong on anything as this will apply to me very soon.

BTW I've also heard that it is illegal to vape on plane but you can "get away with it" in the lavatory as vapor will not set off the smoke detectors. I'd still hold it in and blow into sleeve to be on safe side if you really want to try that.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
From my understanding it's not allowed on planes at all. Some airports have restrictions while others do not. If you stealth vape or do so in a bathroom you shouldn't have an issue. As stated above all of your juice or any liquid must fit into a liter sized zip lock bag. zahzoo said 3 oz bottles...I was thinking 1 oz so may want to check on that.

Also any of your li-ion batteries must be on carry on and not in stow away. Have each battery separated into a separate zip lock bag as none of the metal contacts should be in contact with one another or have a chance of being in contact with one another. Those shouldn't be in the same zip lock as your juice.

I'm traveling here in December again...first time by plane and having vaping gear so did a bit of research. Please correct me if I am wrong on anything as this will apply to me very soon.

BTW I've also heard that it is illegal to vape on plane but you can "get away with it" in the lavatory as vapor will not set off the smoke detectors. I'd still hold it in and blow into sleeve to be on safe side if you really want to try that.

3oz max sized bottles. And all bottles must fit in 1 quart sized ziplock see through Baggie.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
3oz max sized bottles. And all bottles must fit in 1 quart sized ziplock see through Baggie.
Thanks I was going from memory from my research a couple of weeks ago...so I knew I probably didn't have all the facts exactly right ;) Thanks for clarifying. Need to print a check off list before my December trip.

Ohh one thing I never did find was the acceptance/non-acceptance of say 10 ml bottles with flat needle tip...the ones used to more easily fill cartos or clearomizers, etc. Figured worst case I would put that in stow away but was hoping to get everything on carry on.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I assume it's illegal to vape everywhere... but because of TSA, especially airports. :glare:

If I were flying I'd only carry my cig-a-likes and I'd Priority Ship my 'good' stuff to my destination (with signature confirmation required). I'd probably carry a 6 ml bottle of Juice with me and I'd clear-baggie it and put it in with the small bottle toiletries they allow you to check in. I'd definitely go the Lavatory to vape and I would definitely vape towards the floor... :lol:

Great thread... I never fly anymore... (because of all this TSA garbage)... but it's good stuff to know... :smokie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread