Status
Not open for further replies.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Lol, never heard this sentence before "It stinks of blueberry?" Whats next "It stinks of new car smell?" :w00t: I vape in the car so that pleasant vape smell fills up the car and it smells like cookies, or like fruits.

:D

I agree. I drive for Lyft a lot of evenings, and vape often when between rides. The only comments I've gotten from passengers about residual vape odor have been very positive, e.g. "It smells so good in here!", (4.9/5 rating after hundreds of rides, I'm a good bull....ter ;) ).

I usually roll down the window/s and exhale outside when I'm moving, but not always when stopped. I have noticed a slight film develop on the inside of the windows after several days. It wipes right off though, and isn't discolored in any way, (unlike the nasty yellow/brown film that smoke leaves behind).

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Hope you were able to avoid Iowa. Since they outlawed smoking in rest areas, I suspect they will add vaping to their "no smoking in rest area" signs making vaping in the car mandatory. Standing along an on/off ramp in Iowa in the dead of winter is a pain.

After not smoking in the car for over 20 years, :censored: yeah, I vape in da car!

They enforce some ridiculous "no smoking in rest areas" law? You can't even smoke in your own damn car there? :glare:

Wow... the midwest is really going to hell.

I'm gettin ready to hate this damn desert climate again for the next ~3 months, but at least the state of AZ doesn't generally $%*& with the citizens, (or the illegals, for that matter), like that. I'm an ex-smoker, not an anti-smoker, and that level of interference with a basic personal liberty is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: OlderNDirt

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Agreed.

Its 99.8% water vapor.
only if we are sucking all the moisture out of our lungs........

Exhaled Vapor is mostly PG/VG - vg being the visible (cloud)effect, with a small amount of Flavoring and minute amount of nicotine and some collected moisture.

I Vape 18hrs. Day/7 days a week @ 20ml/day, Hate and do not drink water yet am not dehydrated and from day 1, 4 years ago, have not increased my liquid intake.:D
No weight loss and the wrinkled skin cannot be counted - I'm 62 :lol:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I Vape 18hrs. Day/7 days a week @ 20ml/day, Hate and do not drink water yet am not dehydrated and from day 1, 4 years ago, have not increased my liquid intake.:D

I'm not quite as chronic as crxess but close. ;)
I found that since I DIY my own juice and DON"T vape any commercial juice at all. I don't drink no where near the gallons of water I use to before while vaping commercial juices. Its all those added sweeteners they use to enhance the taste that dry you out and give you cotton mouth. I don't add any sweeteners to my mixes and so far after over a year of vaping homebrew I feel better than I did while vaping commercial.

Reactions: Dixie1954

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
I've just got myself a second car (Audi A3 if you want to know) I used to vape in my other one roof up and down all the time and since It already stank of cigarettes (from a previous owner) I wasn't sure it the smell was getting into it which I doubt it would anyway.

Anyway, the other day I went and got in the car with my girlfriend and she said 'it stinks of blueberry in here' (my favourite flavour) so is there a chance the smell is seeping into the leather??

Also can it be harmful to my passengers?

Some safety warnings I read when I first started vaping were so necessary to safety that I'm amazed the one that got me in a near death situation was never to my knowledge ever mentioned ... was so excited to pick up my new car at the dealers .... knew nothing about operating all the buttons ... 60 mph down the highway I grabbed for my 200watt snow wolf and sucked in easily for 9 seconds or so ... exhaled toward the dashboard and was now doing 60 mph stone blinded by the fog ... roll your windows down folks !

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
only if we are sucking all the moisture out of our lungs........

Exhaled Vapor is mostly PG/VG - vg being the visible (cloud)effect, with a small amount of Flavoring and minute amount of nicotine and some collected moisture.

So you're a 1954 model. I'm one year behind you. Born in 1955.

rideronthistrain

Jan 6, 2015
NY
I do vape in my car. It's mine. If I have passengers I tend not to vape. I get my liquid from a natural vape shop with no added sweeteners etc. The taste is not as flavored as some other vape shops but I suppose that's because they only use the basic ingredients and add nothing to sweeten it. I've not found myself getting cotton mouth or being dehydrated so I pretty much only buy from this natural vape shop. It's kosher too LOL.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
Even after reading 3 pages, I STILL can't wrap my head around using "stinks" and "blueberries" in the same sentence.

I vape while I drive, and I almost never have passengers. When BF and I ride in my car together, he drives. If it's just me in the car, chain-vape. If I'm a passenger, I hold in the vapor in and don't fog up the car :)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I vape in my car all of the time. I never have random passengers, I'm either alone, with my wife who also vapes, or with my teenage daughter who is frequently around me when I vape.

As others have said, if you subohm and blow big clouds, leave the window cracked. I normally have mine either half open or open all the way unless it's the middle of summer and really hot outside. It's never fully closed when I'm driving though, I hate not having some fresh air, even when it's 100+ outside.

But I will admit, I did think about closing my windows and not vaping at all when I looked at my radio and saw this:

20150810_174123.jpg

Reactions: Belhade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread