Travel and Vaping Vaping in Miami and Airport Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeallison

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nashville, TN
So, I took my 901 (black, blue tip) with me to Miami last week.

Not once did I get any hassles. I keep my juice & spare bits in a metal mint case, didn't even get asked anything by airport security. No hassles vaping at the gate either. I didn't attempt openly vaping on the plane since I've been told AA doesn't suggest it.

In Miami all week, I got stopped ALL the time. However, it was just out of interest. I had a few hundred people ask where they could get one. I vaped in non-smoking restaurants, clubs, pretty much everywhere.

While I was the only person I saw down there with one, I'm sure I'll see a sea of lights next year.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I've never seen anyone else in public doing it either, but I have done it in 2 Starbucks. The first one, I sat near the front of the store and had my back to the baristas and not many people were in there and I was discreet about it. So no one said anything. The 2nd time I was in a different Starbucks with a friend and I had just taken a puff and blown it and a worker walked in and looked right at me and said NO SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU SMOKING?????????????????? I said, no sir, it's a personal vaporizer no smoke. He just went wow and kept on walking. LOL

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
The other thing is, who is to know if we are vaping zero nic or some nic or high nic. I think we should keep it as low key as possible and say oh no I quit smoking such and such days ago, this is just a personal vaporizer helping me quit with glycerine in it. That's all you have to say. This way the 2nd hand smoke freaks don't think they are getting 2nd hand nicotine. lol They are getting more toxins going outside breathing carbon monoxide. lol

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
The other thing is, who is to know if we are vaping zero nic or some nic or high nic. I think we should keep it as low key as possible and say oh no I quit smoking such and such days ago, this is just a personal vaporizer helping me quit with glycerine in it. That's all you have to say. This way the 2nd hand smoke freaks don't think they are getting 2nd hand nicotine. lol They are getting more toxins going outside breathing carbon monoxide. lol

The best thing to do is ask an owner or manager if it would be alright to use your vaporizer. They'll probably ask about it, and you can explain to them. They'll most likely say OK. Then you can vape yer brains out, and if someone complains, you'll have back-up. After all, I feel that the business owner or manager should be informed. It's their business. On top of everything else, you'll be known there, and can vape at anytime.

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
The best thing to do is ask an owner or manager if it would be alright to use your vaporizer. They'll probably ask about it, and you can explain to them. They'll most likely say OK. Then you can vape yer brains out, and if someone complains, you'll have back-up. After all, I feel that the business owner or manager should be informed. It's their business. On top of everything else, you'll be known there, and can vape at anytime.

I used to subscribe to this philosophy. However, in almost every case I've found that it's easier for someone to say "no" than "yes". They don't quite get where it fits in legally and they don't want the hassle.

Usually, I just get better results with a non-cig looking device and acting like it's the most natural thing in the world. The owner then usually has to get a complaint before intervening. You can then go into the "personal vaporizer" spiel and act confused why they would object.

Obviously, if they do still object - then it's their place and I won't fight them on it. They'll learn soon enough...

butt2.gif

Nothing to do with thread at all , but i AM strangely mesmerised ..........

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
While I believe that I was probably the first person using an e-cig in and around the Lufkin area (small town East Texas), I exposed my friend to them, and he immediately purchased a few kits.

He works at the Harley Davidson dealer in Nacogdoches, which is a college town just north of here.

One of his best customers is a math professor that was a bit of a chain smoker. When he saw my friend using his at the counter of the dealership, I think he caught the bug. HARD.

Since that time, he's purchased just about every piece of equipment he could, he's stockpiling liquid, and he openly uses his lady pipe while teaching. He's also given all of his students permission to vape in class if they bought e-cigs.

From what I hear, there are quite a few of his students that have made the switch from analogs to e-cigs, as well.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Love the story. Brings back great memories -- I used to have a chain-smoker lit professor. Even when I was a non-smoker, I loved to be with smokers.

I've been vaping only for a short time, but I think I too caught a bug. I spent over $600 already. But where I live, a pack is about $10, and I would normally smoke about pack-and-a-half a day which would be around $450 a month. I've tried different techniques to clean the atomizers, but couldn't make them work so I'll probably end up buying atomizers every month. I can get good 3 days out of one atomizer, so if I buy 10 each month and some liquid it will cost about $100. Still much better than $450!

While I believe that I was probably the first person using an e-cig in and around the Lufkin area (small town East Texas), I exposed my friend to them, and he immediately purchased a few kits.

He works at the Harley Davidson dealer in Nacogdoches, which is a college town just north of here.

One of his best customers is a math professor that was a bit of a chain smoker. When he saw my friend using his at the counter of the dealership, I think he caught the bug. HARD.

Since that time, he's purchased just about every piece of equipment he could, he's stockpiling liquid, and he openly uses his lady pipe while teaching. He's also given all of his students permission to vape in class if they bought e-cigs.

From what I hear, there are quite a few of his students that have made the switch from analogs to e-cigs, as well.

Oldnamenomore

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Love the story. Brings back great memories -- I used to have a chain-smoker lit professor. Even when I was a non-smoker, I loved to be with smokers.

I've been vaping only for a short time, but I think I too caught a bug. I spent over $600 already. But where I live, a pack is about $10, and I would normally smoke about pack-and-a-half a day which would be around $450 a month. I've tried different techniques to clean the atomizers, but couldn't make them work so I'll probably end up buying atomizers every month. I can get good 3 days out of one atomizer, so if I buy 10 each month and some liquid it will cost about $100. Still much better than $450!
jesus christ what are you doing to your atomizers?

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
jesus christ what are you doing to your atomizers?
I think I have been using the e-cig more like a pipe, kind of puffing constantly. Maybe it was the novelty of e-cig, I don't know, but I am slowly changing to a more cig like approach so the atomizer will hopefully last longer. One thing I noticed is that the USB passthrough, at least the one I am using, has really bad effect on the atomizer. All atomizers I used with the passthrough went bad much faster.

Alexander

Apr 19, 2009
Houston, Texas
I imagine it will be hard for me to get this eliquid through airport security... Hmm... Especially since I have drawn a skull and crossbones on it to remind myself of its toxic nature.

Otherwise, I've said this elsewhere, but I think telling people it's an asthma inhaler is the best way to go. Who's going to argue about a disability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread