• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in public in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.J.

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thailand
I live in Bangkok and would love to find a juice suppier here. Any info is greatly appreciated. I'm buying from healthcabin now but would prefer to get here.

hi jonbkk

Are you Thai? If you are Thai or you can read Thai it's easy to get it. cause most of the forum is in Thai language.

and i already send few website to you.

W.J.

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thailand

jonbkk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Bangkok
hi jonbkk

Are you Thai? If you are Thai or you can read Thai it's easy to get it. cause most of the forum is in Thai language.

and i already send few website to you.

I'm not Thai and can't read it..but thanks for the links, I will have some friends help me with it. Are you in Bangkok?

JOn

W.J.

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thailand
I'm not Thai and can't read it..but thanks for the links, I will have some friends help me with it. Are you in Bangkok?

JOn

sorry jon am not in Bangkok

I live in Chiangmai. Try to travel to Chiangmai it beautiful city trust me.

And if you have friends that can read Thai it will be easy to get juice from those website or in thai forum.

if you are in Thai and have problem for get juice or can't get it you can shouted on me.

W.J.

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
i love to, but...... i dont have any creditcarddddd :((
all i have is just 2 years old Riva battery and impotent Ego battery (i dunno, but the ego battery is not good as riva, and i dont like it)

You can order from safetyecig.com by bank transfer or the owner would probably just meet you somewhere to buy with cash. He is a honorable guy.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
There is a Thai Language board based in Thailand but when translated the posts don't make sense in English. This is mainly due to the difference in the language structure and the culture. Also, Thai people are big on Facebook but buying stuff on the Internet is a new thing and most sales take place over the phone even when the supplier is found online.

I hear ya... some of those translations are damn funny. And you're right the Thais are big on sending images and not too much reading/writing/buying online. They do tend to download a lot though - songs, software, movies - as long as it's free that is.

Going back to your original post, I haven't vaped in public too much, however I have vaped in our staff office at school a few times where most of the peeps aren't Th nationals. About half are Americans and the rest split between Philippino and Indians. Oh, can't forget we have one Irishman, and a Swiss. It's pretty new to them also and I got a lot of questions about what I was doing and what not. But most had an open mind to find out what the benefits were compared to some who make judgements without even knowing all the info.

My Th wife is cool about it and complains why I don't use it more and stop the analogs. She says it's a waist of $$ and unhealthy that I still smoke. I agree - already have 3 stents in my <3. If I could get more consistent hits from vaping I do believe I could finally stop the wretched sticks for good this time.

One of her sisters thinks the same, that I should quit the ani's. any way I can - the other says I should just quit smoking period. Been there, done that a hundred times, but didn't hold.

Funny thing, I was just talking to our (my wile's) family lawyer today. I wanted to ask him about the legality of e-cigs here. He'd never seen one so I brought out mine and showed him how it worked. He insisted that the vapor coming out was smoke (quan in Thai) - I said no it's vapor from a liquid (i-nam or steam in Thai). He refused to believe me so I told asked how it could be smoke if I didn't burn anything? He didn't know what to say.... :?:

He ended up saying that if the authorities saw me vaping in a public no-smoking zone, i.e. bus stop, public building, school, etc. they'd probably fine me 500 baht. They truly need to be educated about vaping and told the difference and benefits over analogs to those of us who are struggling to quit a nasty habit. Even if it means we are only substituting one habit for another. Vaping has got to be better than tobacco!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
woohoo, cool bro, i wish i can go to Thailand too sometime, i heard they have a very good place for honeymoon.
At least if you have to stealth vaping, you already have the SDcig, so i dont think it's a big problem for you, LoL...
but.... are you go to Thailand for honeymoon, or looking a shemale / cute transgender?

*hiding under the earth

Yeah, not a bad place for a honeymoon - not a bad place to live either - been here since '87.

To the original poster, kalifornia: Glad to hear you're coming, but I'd suggest you skip Pattaya and go down to Kho Samui, Kho Phangan, Kho Pee Pee, or Kho Chang. Much less commercialized - you'd enjoy it a lot better, I think.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by supervape
I lived there for 7 years and my wife is Thai.. Electronic Cigarettes are "illegal" in Thailand but "Unregulated" so basically your free to use them but they are not sold at 7-11 or anything because they said the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly was going to loose money. So by saying that it keeps it from exploding.. I vape everywhere we go and used to smoke everywhere to (designated areas) .. Basically they care less if you vape or not but they do not want you to take away from the cig industry

You're right, Thais will usually not say anything to you personally, however, they will tell their friends... etc. And in the case of smoking, most non-smokers will automatically think that the vapor coming out your mouth is smoke and think it will stink. The "mind set" is already there and they will be expecting it. Non-smokers of any country don't care to inhale second hand smoke/vapor. I add vapor here because they can't tell the difference - it's too new for them, yet.

My experience is the same. Thai people mind their own business and don't care about anything for the most part. Police are the same. If it is not part of "their job" they do not enforce any law. There is currently no agency with the power to enforce the ban so it is basically toothless with the exception of customs through the airport. If it comes by regular mail, the worst that ever happen to me is to pay customs fees of 30%. There are more Thai vendors then most people are aware of and I have compiled a few that I have dealt with and trust. There are no stores except for junk beginner e-cigs sold at electronics vendors. But you can get a good amount of products including the Siam Mods, Thai made and designed Map Tanks, Juices of various brands, cartomizers, clearomizers, AW batteries and other quality products.

I agree, they will mind their own business - for the most part. The laws are similar with computer software. If they were strict on the copyright laws, over 90 % of the computer business you see would not be here today. Even in the schools. I've only ordered supplies twice and had one order through FedEx canceled because of the ban on ecigs.

I'd like to know more about getting supplies here, siampumkin, can I PM you for those sites you mentioned?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
i vape in the shopping centers, in the cinema, on the streets never had any problems, only intrested thais asking what im smoking :)
by the way in case you didnt know you can open a bank account with kaikorn register for online banking and get a virtual creditcard. It works on all of the international vaping sites!

I have no problem with Bangkok Bank and a ATM "Be1st" card. Works pretty well on most online sites.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi derrick14

we have some dealer that you can contact. You can get juice from them.

some website has English translate.

for pink spot

dekang

Hangsen

Joyetech

Hope it can Help

็Hi W.J., Those sites are for juice, right?

Are there places to get good e-cigs & tanks, like eGo-C or eGo Twist, Dual Coil Tanks (DCT's)?

I hear ของถม has some, but worried about fakes and cheap copies.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Technically, ecigs are illegal in Thailand. But so far the only enforcement has been customs stopping FedEx, DHL and sometimes EMS packages from entering the Kingdom if the customs documents references ecigs or ejuice. Regular airmail is no problem. Once you have the products here there is no enforcement against using them so far. Most people that have been questioned by police explained what they were and the police were intrigued and thought a good idea. The ban was a political/business move to protect the interests of the other nicotine delivery methods (cigs and gum) from being impinged upon profit wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread