• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in public in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I doubt the folks at Klongtom market would go through the trouble if selling fake out copied ecig stuff,,, and in my days they always tell you its copy and you can usually tell by the price if it is..

On Tapatalk via my Mobile

As a matter of fact, I went to Kong Thom market this afternoon to see what I could see and after a bit of asking around one dude pointed me in the right direction, or at least one place that had them. At the shop they asked if I wanted the big one or the little one? The big one of course. She brought out a box that looked like an analog carton only shorter, flat black with a light gray trim all round and eGo-T™. "What duh... Could this be true?" I thought. Inside were two fully assembled eGo-T's with blank carts on them, 5 pre-filled carts with MB tobacco flavor, a USB charger, wall adaptor and user manual.

She took one out, replaced the cart with a full one, turned it on and offered it to me ... Ok, I says. It took a couple puffs to get it primed and after that it was cooking up nice some hits of vapor that dang near choked me at first! "Now that's what I've been missing!!!"

Since I've never held a gen. eGo-T before, all I have to compare it to are pics on the web. It feels well made - got a nice heft to it. Both T's are black and feel like they are rubber coated. The case is good quality, molded and felt cover for each component and the manual seems ok - at a glance, I didn't notice any misspellings or improper grammar. Quite probably the real deal. And the price I think was reasonable - 950 baht which = $30 US; they even threw in a 30ml bottle of Mint juice. (Looks DIY, but we'll see how it vapes.)

Last edited:

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
As a matter of fact, I went to Kong Thom market this afternoon to see what I could see and after a bit of asking around one dude pointed me in the right direction, or at least one place that had them. At the shop they asked if I wanted the big one or the little one? The big one of course. She brought out a box that looked like an analog carton only shorter, flat black with a light gray trim all round and eGo-T™. "What duh... Could this be true?" I thought. Inside were two fully assembled eGo-T's with blank carts on them, 5 pre-filled carts with MB tobacco flavor, a USB charger, wall adaptor and user manual.

She took one out, replaced the cart with a full one, turned it on and offered it to me ... Ok, I says. It took a couple puffs to get it primed and after that it was cooking up nice some hits of vapor that dang near choked me at first! "Now that's what I've been missing!!!"

Since I've never held a gen. eGo-T before, all I have to compare it to are pics on the web. It feels well made - got a nice heft to it. Both T's are black and feel like they are rubber coated. The case is good quality, molded and felt cover for each component and the manual seems ok - at a glance, I didn't notice any misspellings or improper grammar. Quite probably the real deal. And the price I think was reasonable - 950 baht which = $30 US; they even threw in a 30ml bottle of Mint juice. (Looks DIY, but we'll see how it vapes.)

There are many Ego battery copies out there and sold on many Chinese and Western websites. I have two or three copies I knowingly bought from a website and they work fine. What color is the button when you press it? The real Joyetech batteries' button glows white when pressed. The copies typically have a blue light when the button is pressed. I like the look of the blue button over the original, but the original batteries are likely better quality. Having said that, the two copy batteries I have have worked good so far. Also, on some copies the blue light will stay on during the bulk of the charging time after it blinks three times or so. The light will go off when the battery is around 80 to 90% charged. On the genuine batteries after the white light blinks the led shuts off for the entire charge cycle. Just curious also, what did you pay for the kit? If you can read Thai you can find people selling them on the Thai ecig forum. www.ecigthailand.com

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Ok, the LED is blue and stayed on during some of the charge, however I didn't see when it went out - the red charger light is still on after 4 1/2 hours. How long do they usually take to charge completely? Oh and the Logo is on the lower end of the bat and goes along the length in line with the button which is clear when NOT pressed.

Both bats had some charge on them at first, one lasted about an hour of serious vaping in the afternoon, then died when I got home. Still using the second since I put the first on the charger at 5:30PM; it's now 10:12PM. Vaped the original MB tobacco cart and now enjoying one with V4L Green apple in it. Yum! No burnt flav at all. No dry/missfire hits either. This Ef'n AWSOME!!! :headbang: :thumbs: Not like the my other classic small ecig whatsoever!

Next stop? Variable Volt?
Think I'll just wait till my Storm 2 comes in with the cartomizer tank... :drool:

Well, not even finished with this post and bat #2 is depleted. 5:30-10:53PM not bad, eh?
Cheers guys, :toast:

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Ok, the LED is blue and stayed on during some of the charge, however I didn't see when it went out - the red charger light is still on after 4 1/2 hours. How long do they usually take to charge completely? Oh and the Logo is on the lower end of the bat and goes along the length in line with the button which is clear when NOT pressed.

Both bats had some charge on them at first, one lasted about an hour of serious vaping in the afternoon, then died when I got home. Still using the second since I put the first on the charger at 5:30PM; it's now 10:12PM. Vaped the original MB tobacco cart and now enjoying one with V4L Green apple in it. Yum! No burnt flav at all. No dry/missfire hits either. This Ef'n AWSOME!!! :headbang: :thumbs: Not like the my other classic small ecig whatsoever!

Next stop? Variable Volt?
Think I'll just wait till my Storm 2 comes in with the cartomizer tank... :drool:

Well, not even finished with this post and bat #2 is depleted. 5:30-10:53PM not bad, eh?

What capacity is your charger? If it is 420mAh then it should be done by now (three to four hours should do it for a 1,000mAh battery). You might have gotten a 200mAh charger which would take five to seven hours to charge. Look at the bottom of the charger and see what it says. If the charger is only 200mAh I can steer you to a website where you can get a 420mAh one for under $2.50 with free shipping and you'll get it in two to three weeks from China. Also, on many chargers the light will start flickering slowly and show green for a second and go back to red. As it gets near capacity the green will appear more often until you have a steady green light and the battery is fully charged. If it is more than six hours I would remove it from the charge and use it. Sometimes new batteries need conditioning for three to five cycles before they can reach full charge capacity.

Also, before charging you should always clean inside the batteries connector to remove any juice. Juice in the connector can interfere with charging and reduce the life of the charger or make it fail completely. Also keep the connector in the charger clean in a similar manner. If you have juice in there that could be the reason for charging taking too long, or the battery not charging at all.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
The charger adaptor is 500ma output, but it connects to the USB charger which is only 120ma. Wonder if that steps down the output any? After an 8 hour charge both bats last all day, one is even on it's second day as I speak. Thanks for the offer, but charging overnight is no problem if I get a whole day of vaping off the other. The lights never did go back green and yes, the blue LED did stay for a while, but went off after a few minutes. And yes, I do clean the contacts before charging.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Yes, of course it does. At 120ma it will take ten hours or longer to charge. That is way too slow. If the light is not changing to green the battery is not getting fully charged. 120mah is totally insufficient for charging a high capacity ecig battery. Get yourself a charger with 420mah output. Here you can get one for $1.73 with free shipping.

EGO USB Charging Cable Special for EGO Electronic Cigarette

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Yes, of course it does. At 120ma it will take ten hours or longer to charge. That is way too slow. If the light is not changing to green the battery is not getting fully charged. 120mah is totally insufficient for charging a high capacity ecig battery. Get yourself a charger with 420mah output. Here you can get one for $1.73 with free shipping.

EGO USB Charging Cable Special for EGO Electronic Cigarette

Hey thanks a lot for the link!!! just ordered one

W.J.

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thailand
Mr.Chakris

Do not buy ecig from krongtom area is all cheap cone ecig from china. Do not try the bad one. It's just waste your money that's it.
If you wanna try ego series. go to the thaiecigclub.com or ecigthaiforum they all sell ego-c kit from Joyetech

or buy from this one icareless online store this guy is reliable and he's dealer of ovale thailand.

finally my opinion another forum is ok but some dealer sell cheap cone from china or sometimes there are low quality.

safety ecig most of item they sell a part from innokin is from low quality factory.

That's all from Thai vapor.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Mr.Chakris

Do not buy ecig from krongtom area is all cheap cone ecig from china. Do not try the bad one. It's just waste your money that's it.
If you wanna try ego series. go to the thaiecigclub.com or ecigthaiforum they all sell ego-c kit from Joyetech

or buy from this one icareless online store this guy is reliable and he's dealer of ovale thailand.

finally my opinion another forum is ok but some dealer sell cheap cone from china or sometimes there are low quality.

safety ecig most of item they sell a part from innokin is from low quality factory.

The most reliable seller I bought from in Thailand is SafetyECig ??????????????????????. The owner is a reliable and honest seller and has Ego and Innokin starter kits plus Pink Spot and Korean ejuice. He is also on the Ecig Thailand forum (http://www.ecigthailand.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ade5596bae9a7c9f966b6bdcab11b4b9&board=17.0).

W.J.

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thailand
The most reliable seller I bought from in Thailand is SafetyECig ??????????????????????. The owner is a reliable and honest seller and has Ego and Innokin starter kits plus Pink Spot and Korean ejuice. He is also on the Ecig Thailand forum (SAFETY E-CIG).

Don't get me wrong jackbox

i pretty know the owner and some time i bought the stuff from him.

i know he sold pinkspot and korea juice and innokin itaste vmax VIVI tank blar blar blar

but what i would like to say is ego series that he sell or some 510kit is not from Joyetech. I don't say It's not good. but i say from my opinion is from low quality fac that's it.

And i know he's reliable too. I don't say anything wrong about him Am I?

And some seller also sell low quality PV. You must try and you will know the truth.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
jackbox
Originally Posted by W.J.
Mr.Chakris

The most reliable seller I bought from in Thailand is SafetyECig ??????????????????????. The owner is a reliable and honest seller and has Ego and Innokin starter kits plus Pink Spot and Korean ejuice. He is also on the Ecig Thailand forum (http://www.ecigthailand.com/index.ph...4b9&board=17.0).

W.J., It's a bit too late not to buy. haha They probably are clones, but so far they are working ok, if in the future I need a new eGo bat, I'll go to a reliable seller, thanks for your concern and the links. Compared to the new Storm 2, (eGo-C style) you can tell there is quite a difference is manufacturers - Threading, for example, is much smoother and tighter on the Storm's.

See my pics on this thread: What are Bangkok Vapors Vaping.

Siampumkin, Thanks again for the advice and links. I imagine you've already checked back on the above link, since it's yours.

Getting late now and work in the morning. gr

Chakris

Zanza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was in Thailand two years ago but I wasn't a vaper so it was easier for me to smoke, buying cigarettes and roll on...

Will be on holiday next month for 2 weeks in BKK and certainly in southern islands too (lucky I'm, I know).
So from what I read here, I'll not find anything easily so should bring my gear.
But I used to travel with a small ecig with me, stealth vaping around airport and even in the plane.
What I fear of is to get my small gear seized by the custom at Suvarnabhumi airport when I land....Could it happen ?

Of course all the rest of my usual gear and juice will be in my luggage and not with me.

I was hoping to find some "shop" to maybe buy som DIY mods produced in BKK, mainly to have some unique and nice gear... COuld it be possible?

And could I expect to find also some batteries to buy like 18350, 18650 , chargers, etc.. like in Pantip or other electonic shops ?

Any tips, helps, info would be appreciated (even through PM if necessary)

Kop khun krap :)

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
IMO, the chances of an American being searched is extremely low. You have a greater chance of being searched by TSA. It you bring something, bring a small mod or ego style like a twist with a small profile. Due to their explosive potential large Li-ion batteries are banned from aircraft in the USA so TSA will definitely take those away. Bring small unmarked bottles of juice in your toiletries and pack a couple small ego type batteries in your luggage without atomisers attached. If asked they are flashlights. Chances are low yoy will gave to explain. Outside the airport vape to your hearts content. Nobody including police could care less.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
Sorry for forgot to mention. Anything at Pantip or at any retail in Thailand including batteries would be low quality copies and not worth 10 baht IMO. Li-ion batteries and equipment can only be bought from reliable vendors online here such as safetyecig.com or Icareless online store. Both can get you juice by mail in one day.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
Don't get me wrong jackbox

i pretty know the owner and some time i bought the stuff from him.

i know he sold pinkspot and korea juice and innokin itaste vmax VIVI tank blar blar blar

but what i would like to say is ego series that he sell or some 510kit is not from Joyetech. I don't say It's not good. but i say from my opinion is from low quality fac that's it.

And i know he's reliable too. I don't say anything wrong about him Am I?

And some seller also sell low quality PV. You must try and you will know the truth.

WJ, first if you reply to a post, get the user right. I am "SiamPumpkin" not "Jackbox", so next time read with more care.

Just telling people where they can reliably get stuff in Thailand. Thai's do not have the money to buy expensive mods so the cheaper Chinese products are what is sold here. Even Siam Mods, who makes their products in Thailand, will not sell anything in Thailand because their simply is no market for it here. If you can wait someone here can buy from the USA and wait two weeks or from China or Europe. If you buy in Thailand, this is what there is. Take it or leave it. By the way PM me your name and I will check with the owner to see if he "really" knows you. Thanks.

Last edited:

W.J.

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thailand
jackbox, i'm so sorry that's i'm mention you. stupid me

and this it the last time i post here.

you guy can check the price from link below to know the truth.

the same product but the price is totally different. Just want you guy to know Thai's it

first itast vv
this one [

And this one -:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

second ego-c

this one is joyetech
NEW eGo-C2 Upgrade (Joyetech) 1000mah Full SET

and this one is not joytech
-:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

the one from joyetech is cheaper than Another one thats not from joye. Why?

Bye all. Bye this Thailand forum forver.
W.J.

W.J.

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Thailand
jackbox, i'm so sorry that's i'm mention you. stupid me

and this it the last time i post here.

you guy can check the price from link below to know the truth.

the same product but the price is totally different. Just want you guy to know Thai's it

first itast vv
this one [

And this one -:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

second ego-c

this one is joyetech
NEW eGo-C2 Upgrade (Joyetech) 1000mah Full SET

and this one is not joytech
-:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

the one from joyetech is cheaper than Another one thats not from joye. Why?

Bye all. Bye this Thailand forum forver.
W.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread