• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in public in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

0time

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2009
Chiang Mai, Thailand
jackbox, i'm so sorry that's i'm mention you. stupid me

and this it the last time i post here.

you guy can check the price from link below to know the truth.

the same product but the price is totally different. Just want you guy to know Thai's it

first itast vv
this one [

And this one -:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

second ego-c

this one is joyetech
NEW eGo-C2 Upgrade (Joyetech) 1000mah Full SET

and this one is not joytech
-:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

the one from joyetech is cheaper than Another one thats not from joye. Why?

Bye all. Bye this Thailand forum forver.
W.J.

W.J. I hope you don't quit posting on this forum. I think debate and different opinions should be encouraged.

0time

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2009
Chiang Mai, Thailand
jackbox, i'm so sorry that's i'm mention you. stupid me

and this it the last time i post here.

you guy can check the price from link below to know the truth.

the same product but the price is totally different. Just want you guy to know Thai's it

first itast vv
this one [

And this one -:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

second ego-c

this one is joyetech
NEW eGo-C2 Upgrade (Joyetech) 1000mah Full SET

and this one is not joytech
-:- safetyecig.com -:- ??????????????????????

the one from joyetech is cheaper than Another one thats not from joye. Why?

Bye all. Bye this Thailand forum forver.
W.J.

W.J. I hope you don't quit posting on this forum. I think debate and different opinions should be encouraged.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
It sounded like me he was a local competitor to safetyecig.com and just came here to troll and bash his store. When he discovered that wasn't going to work he got angry and left. If he wants to discuss things civilly he is welcome, but if he just came here to troll and bash teh reputation of one of Thailand's reputable web resellers than we don't need him here.

Semi Reduction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys I'm heading over to Thailand for a few months soon. I want to take an 18650 mod with me and half a litre of juice plus a few ego twists. Do you think it will be all right in my checked in luggage? I don't plan on bringing any gear in my carry on luggage. I noticed someone mentioned that Australians often get searched. I use to import clothing from Bangkok and have been over to Thailand about 9 times without ever being searched. However, I haven't been over since 2010 and also not since I started vaping. Is this targeting of Australians a new thing and what's the reason? Prob just getting sick of us, I sure do when I'm in Thailand. Can't escape the bloody Aussies:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Hey guys I'm heading over to Thailand for a few months soon. I want to take an 18650 mod with me and half a litre of juice plus a few ego twists. Do you think it will be all right in my checked in luggage? I don't plan on bringing any gear in my carry on luggage.

I brought vaping gear with me to Thailand twice this year and didn't have any problems. I had the big stuff in my check-in bag and the little stuff in my carry-on.

Semi Reduction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Cheers.
Good to know. Not sure whether to take 10 or so 50ml bottles or transfer it to 1 x 500ml bottle. In fact I also wanted to take some more juice for presents for my friends over there. Maybe 750ml in total. Lol. Probably one big bottle with my shampoo and stuff would be best, but it would be easier to leave it in 50ml bottles. I kind of know the answers, I just want you guys to tell me I can do it the easy way:blink:
Pathetic I know

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Cheers.
Good to know. Not sure whether to take 10 or so 50ml bottles or transfer it to 1 x 500ml bottle. In fact I also wanted to take some more juice for presents for my friends over there. Maybe 750ml in total. Lol. Probably one big bottle with my shampoo and stuff would be best, but it would be easier to leave it in 50ml bottles. I kind of know the answers, I just want you guys to tell me I can do it the easy way:blink:
Pathetic I know

I haven't brought any vaping stuff into Thailand yet, but personally, I would leave it in the 50ml bottles. My Sister-in-law and my daughter bring food stuffs over all the time and never get searched. If they do ask, you could say it's food flavoring (which it does have in it, right?) Then open a bottle of vanilla something or fruity flavor for them to whiff. If they ask why so much tell them it's for personal use and gifts for friends.

Welcome to Thailand :toast:

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Hope much doesn't change in Thailand with regards to vaping. Will be in Bangkok in february...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just so you know. Vaping is technically illegal in the Kingdom, so you should not flaunt it in public unless you are in a bar or other discreet location. Most police will think it is okay, but in Thailand laws are often enforced on a case by case basis. The Parliament passed a law a couple of years back making it illegal but there is not much enforcement of it, except for customs blocking DHL, Fedex and UPS shipments of vaping supplies from entering the Kingdom.

mikeygar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Manila
Just so you know. Vaping is technically illegal in the Kingdom, so you should not flaunt it in public unless you are in a bar or other discreet location. Most police will think it is okay, but in Thailand laws are often enforced on a case by case basis. The Parliament passed a law a couple of years back making it illegal but there is not much enforcement of it, except for customs blocking DHL, Fedex and UPS shipments of vaping supplies from entering the Kingdom.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I was always under the impression that it was okay. Traveling as a vaper is so difficult. I had just come back from SG and had to smoke their overpriced analogs while I was out.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I was always under the impression that it was okay. Traveling as a vaper is so difficult. I had just come back from SG and had to smoke their overpriced analogs while I was out.

As with most things in Thailand it is okay, until someone decides it is not okay. Most police don't even know about the law and when ecigs are shown and explained to them they seem fascinated by them. If a police officer asks about it be very polite and deferential to him. If things are not going well you can offer him a small amount of money to buy some "tea."

To illustrate the lack of enforcement, there are quite a few Thai ecig sales websites and Thai individuals selling ecig products including nic juice on Thai forums with no problems. The only problem they have is getting the goods delivered from overseas to here (Fedex and DHL are a no go). Once they get them they have no problems hawking them so far. I have known some to travel to China to return with suitcases full of products to sell on their websites.

Last edited:

mikeygar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Manila
That's good to hear that some are taking the risks to make the community happy - I've even browsed the Thai Vapers site and there's not much info on where to buy stuff. Even contacted Siam Mods because of their fantastic products, but found out that they will not sell locally because of the restrictions too. Was hoping to do some window shopping and maybe grab a limited edition or prototype of something if I had the chance :)

Anyway, at least it looks good when travelling to Thailand. So far with what I've read, airport access with the e-cig is generally safe, generally ok to vape in discretion so that's good enough. Looking forward to my trip soon!!! Thanks jackbox!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Yes, Jackbox is correct and to clarify the Thai consider public areas to be public buildings, of course; markets whether open or not, bus stops, in front of schools, railway stations and public piers and of course on busses, taxis and trains. On the side-walks, I'd say it is fairly safe to vape and if you are in a more rural area or in the suburbs it's more lax. If in doubt, watch where people are smoking and follow suit.

It's much like the restrictions they have on software, downloading music/videos and other copyrighted things. It's against the law, but not very well enforced.

That said; I have vaped in bars, but they were small open air places and Thais were smoking as well. I've also snuck vapes at shopping centers, malls and some markets and restaurants without hassles. Use your own discretion. I've lived here for 25 years and people know me by name around my neighborhood - my Thai is also not too bad, so I can explain more clearly what it is I'm doing and how much safer it is than smoking. Most people will accept that, some even compliment me on my accomplishment of not smoking 40+ days and want to know more. They have also complimented on the aroma of the juice! Usually, it's the RY4 or Cafe Mocha, Vanilla/Caramel types that turn heads. LOL

For the major part of your gear, I would definitely check it in with your baggage and use a small kit in carry on - maybe even broken down in different pockets.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Smoking is illegal on Thailand in any public place, including sidewalks. If you vape someone might mistakenly think that you are smoking. Thailand has some of the most restrictive smoking laws in the world to protect public health. Recent legislation removed the exemption that building could have a designated smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in any place that the general public may freely access. Also due to the new legislation the smoking rooms in Thailand's airports have all been closed.

Semi Reduction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Wow I didn't realise the government had gone to that extent. Oh well....cigarettes, e-cig, what's the difference it's all illegal. Haven't been there in two years, but I'd imagine that bars and clubs are still providing ashtrays with 'no smoking' signs on the walls while paying off the police?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeygar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Manila
Wow things have changed! I go there every February and I never used to have problems smoking (analogs), even in public. Was smoking everywhere! I guess I was just lucky...

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be more mindful how i pack my e-cig and where I whip it out then. Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it!

charkohl

Sep 21, 2012
JayBee/YCN
Ooaah a lot has changed since my last visit back to my 2nd home! Thanks for the pre-amp Jack. Do elaborate if I should not be vaping in public or only at designated smoking points?
Also can someone PM me some good sources for novelty/mech mods made in Thailand? I"ll be visiting this year end for my annual visit i.e New Year's ritual so would like to buy 1-2 mods for my personal collection. All I have are just nics from States/Tasty Vapors and the standards vivi novas - if anyone's keen, I can reserve some for sure. Will swing by Bkk and Rayong for 1-2 days and straight to Northeast where my heart is!
Kob jai mak na krub.

Lukey1979

Oct 9, 2012
Surin Thailand
Smoking is illegal on Thailand in any public place, including sidewalks. If you vape someone might mistakenly think that you are smoking. Thailand has some of the most restrictive smoking laws in the world to protect public health. Recent legislation removed the exemption that building could have a designated smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in any place that the general public may freely access. Also due to the new legislation the smoking rooms in Thailand's airports have all been closed.

When did this happen mate? Im not doubting your information, i went through the airport and used the smoking lounge around 2 weeks ago. Has it changed since then?

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
When did this happen mate? Im not doubting your information, i went through the airport and used the smoking lounge around 2 weeks ago. Has it changed since then?

Then they reopened them. I went to Lao back in March and all the smoking lounges were closed both in Suvarhnabhumi and Ubon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread