• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in public in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

tko

Dec 11, 2011
Texas
I flew in at the beginning of March 2012 and out at the end of March 2012 and the smoking lounges were open in Swampy. I didn't go into BKK this time, but in Rayong, Pattaya, Korat, Buriram and Surin smoking on the street or in open air areas was not a problem.

All that is beside the point, though. I've been smoke free for a little while now. I'll be heading back to visit in March and about 1.5 years later I'll be moving there. I'm hoping there's some way to continue to supply my ecigs, as I'd rather not go back to analogs. Is it possible to buy straight nic, pg and vg and DIY?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I flew in at the beginning of March 2012 and out at the end of March 2012 and the smoking lounges were open in Swampy. I didn't go into BKK this time, but in Rayong, Pattaya, Korat, Buriram and Surin smoking on the street or in open air areas was not a problem.

All that is beside the point, though. I've been smoke free for a little while now. I'll be heading back to visit in March and about 1.5 years later I'll be moving there. I'm hoping there's some way to continue to supply my ecigs, as I'd rather not go back to analogs. Is it possible to buy straight nic, pg and vg and DIY?

I believe, there are a couple of people here in Thailand who DIY, however, I wouldn't know where or how they get their ingredients. Maybe they'll chime in here soon. For what it's worth, at least you know it is possible.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I believe, there are a couple of people here in Thailand who DIY, however, I wouldn't know where or how they get their ingredients. Maybe they'll chime in here soon. For what it's worth, at least you know it is possible.

You have to buy the nic liquid from Europe. Orders under 2kg in weight do not require any customs documentation. I don't want to name vendors here for obvious reasons. PM me if you want websites and discount codes too!

There is also a local Thai guy I know that sells 100ml of nic liquid for 600 to 800 baht depending on nic level. I find his price way too high and never buy from him. But if you get in a jam and willing to pay 3 to 4 times what the stuff is worth you can go through him also.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Smoking is illegal on Thailand in any public place, including sidewalks. If you vape someone might mistakenly think that you are smoking. Thailand has some of the most restrictive smoking laws in the world to protect public health. Recent legislation removed the exemption that building could have a designated smoking area. Smoking is not allowed in any place that the general public may freely access. Also due to the new legislation the smoking rooms in Thailand's airports have all been closed.

Wow, I hadn't heard of the change in the smoking law, thanks for the heads-up. Apparently, not too many Thais have heard of the change either - I don't see any change in the amount of people smoking on the streets. The smokers at my school still use "unofficial" smoking areas that have been kept going mainly under a "Grandfather Law".

That said, it might be a good idea to be more careful about where I vape.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Wow, I hadn't heard of the new law, thanks for the heads-up. Apparently, not too many Thais have heard of the change either - I don't see any change in the amount of people smoking on the streets. The smokers at my school still use "unofficial" smoking areas that have been kept going mainly under a "Grandfather Law".

That said, it might be a good idea to be more careful about where I vape.

There is no godfather law. Smoking within a private or public elementary or high school is prohibited by law. There is no grandfather clause and no smoking area allowed, perioid. But this being Thailand, a lot of schools do whatever they want anyway.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Hi friends, any update on this matter?i'll be travelling to Bangkok this june,from Malaysia.thinking of bringing my mech mod,couple of batteries, charger and liquids.

The heat seems to have gone away as all the websites that closed reopened and I think most retail spots are back in business. Just keep your vaping to a low profile and you should be okay. I have not heard of any enforcement against users yet.

Semi Reduction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I just got back from 3 months in Thailand. I checked my mods and juice (500ml) in and didn't have any probs. I was a bit hesitant to carry stuff on board with me, but plenty of people do. I even saw an old lady vaping in the boarding lounge at BKK airport. Didn't have any probs vaping in public over the three months I was there, but as mentioned previously, technically it is illegal. The main risk is getting them through the airport as most police wouldn't know that the law exists, and even if customs agents realised what the mods were, chances are they'd just confiscate them. I can't imagine them charging anybody over it, but weirder things have happened in Thailand.

Anbessa

Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Thailand
My expeariances Vaping in public in TH is so far i had no issues. As my wife sayed,just don't Vape were smoking cigarets is prohibited anyway because moast of the people simply just don't know the difference. If you do look carefully around,you can see locals smoking analogs everywere,eaven in non smoking areas because they simply don't care but don't think it would give you the same right to do so Vaping. You are still a guest in this country and it's your choiche of what picture the locals get from you. Anyways,as i read earlyer. Just keep it to a low profile and everything will be OK. The golden rule is don't bother the locals and they don't bother you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread