Vaping in public places in Chicago is banned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I don't think there is anything wrong with using discretion with where to vape. I personally only vape in my home, my car, open air spaces, and around friends and family. They are happy I no longer smoke cigarettes so they support my new journey. However, I get it that people who've never smoked don't understand vaping and are naturally leary. Banning vaping in public places doesn't really bother me as long as said ban is limited to indoors. I was a PAD smoker for 14 years so I was accustomed to only being able to smoke in "designated" areas, which was ALWAYS outdoors. So with that said, think of vaping like a fart. Yes, you have the freedom to do it but that doesn't mean everyone around you has to be subjected to it. Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I'd be OK with only vaping outside, living in California, except that I need more vaping time than I needed smoking time to get the same nic. As it is I still go outside with coffee and vape and pace when I need a break. It was 73 degrees today.

People in Minnesota or even the Sierra Nevada and certainly Alaska might have a different view.

Also, if we vape occasionally indoors, and discreetly, we EDUCATE people about vaping. For instance I vape in my office at work, a little. Before I started that, I demo'd it outside for some colleagues. Get them used to it in small increments. Explain first.

Same with the restaurants, if I'm inhaling and they don't see anything much being exhaled, it's pretty non-scary. I'll stop IMMEDIATELY if asked, and I don't do it in family restaurants near kids. But we have to be out there a LITTLE bit or the "don't understand vaping" thing will never go away, especially with the ANTZ trying so hard to scare people.

And another point: the more people have seen good-citizen-style vaping, the sillier the ANTZ look. Which is, IMO, a big party of WHY the ANTZ don't want people to see us. To keep their kingdom.

But being a so-and-so arrogant jerk while vaping -- who knows, maybe the ones that do that are undercover ANTZ? An ANTZ doctor DID go to the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisor's meeting and blow huge clouds, to show them something "they don't want to see." And it was family members of smokers brought up in smoky houses and cars who most-opposed "seeing that again after all these years."

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
You work in a restaurant and your upset that you can't vape in the kitchen. I vape and i sure wouldn't want someone vaping over my food. Sure vaping is harmless but think about it the vape came from inside your mouth. I am not trying to start an argument just i understand why your boss wants to vaping in the kitchen.

So you only want robots making your food? Breath also comes from inside your mouth or nose and is probably more likely to carry harm without vapor than with.

The boss doesn't want people vaping in the kitchen because some politicians were paid of by Big Pharma through ALA/ACS to ban vaping inside buildings.

JustB'nMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
TX
I'd be OK with only vaping outside, living in California, except that I need more vaping time than I needed smoking time to get the same nic. As it is I still go outside with coffee and vape and pace when I need a break. It was 73 degrees today.

People in Minnesota or even the Sierra Nevada and certainly Alaska might have a different view.

Also, if we vape occasionally indoors, and discreetly, we EDUCATE people about vaping. For instance I vape in my office at work, a little. Before I started that, I demo'd it outside for some colleagues. Get them used to it in small increments. Explain first.

To this, I wasn't implying that we should only be limited to vaping outdoors in public. I'm a stay-at-home mom so when I do frequent public places, in general, I don't spend enough time in one place that I can't wait to vape. That's mainly because I'm focused on the task at hand. However, if the urge hits me then I will "stealth vape" publicly indoors. Not everyone subscribes to that notion and those are the people I take issue with. To me, that shines a bad spotlight on vaping and sets the wheels in motion for bans such as the one instituted in Chicago.

I've had many occasions to EDUCATE people on vaping because I proudly wear my MOD around my neck or carry it in my hand wherever I go. It's an eye-catcher so people want to know what it is and how it works. I take great joy in being able to spread the word.

Stratoblaster

Nov 29, 2013
New Mexico
So you only want robots making your food? Breath also comes from inside your mouth or nose and is probably more likely to carry harm without vapor than with.

The boss doesn't want people vaping in the kitchen because some politicians were paid of by Big Pharma through ALA/ACS to ban vaping inside buildings.

To this, I have a few points.

First, maybe a bit off topic but a bit of an example of abuse of our freedom as vapers. I run a business. I have employees. While they may be able to do their job with one hand, they can do it better and be more productive with two. They get their breaks. If they can't survive without nicotine between breaks and give me what I'm paying for, they have a more serious addiction or oral fixation than they can deal with and maybe need some kind of rehab. Bottom line, even though it's possible to do a lot of jobs with one hand, generally it can be done better, safer, and more productive with two. That is, of course, unless an employee was hired handicapped that way and I knew that's what I was paying for.

As far as the breath comment, again, this isn't an issue about whether it's harmful or not harmful. It's about discretion and respect. Again, I'll point out that vaping is still brand new on a daily basis for a lot of people and they don't understand. I understand that they don't understand. If it has substance and they can see it and smell it, logic says it's a little more than just plain breath. Harmful or not, they see it as it is. There is a proper time and place for vaping. In a public kitchen preparing food, in my opinion, isn't one.

And one more point as a citizen who does vape. If I saw someone vaping while preparing or serving my food in a restaurant, I would be totally turned off and that place would probably have one less client. If things are that lax, what else is allowed? Do the employees even have to wash their hands after the restroom? What else?

From an employers point of view, employees should respect that they are there to trade time for money. Productive time at the best of their ability. As well, employers need to respect the needs of employees and give them the designated time to take care of them. And of course, whether smoking or vaping, in most public service fields it should be out of the view of the public and away from the product.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
To this, I have a few points.

First, maybe a bit off topic but a bit of an example of abuse of our freedom as vapers. I run a business. I have employees. While they may be able to do their job with one hand, they can do it better and be more productive with two. They get their breaks. If they can't survive without nicotine between breaks and give me what I'm paying for, they have a more serious addiction or oral fixation than they can deal with and maybe need some kind of rehab. Bottom line, even though it's possible to do a lot of jobs with one hand, generally it can be done better, safer, and more productive with two. That is, of course, unless an employee was hired handicapped that way and I knew that's what I was paying for.

As far as the breath comment, again, this isn't an issue about whether it's harmful or not harmful. It's about discretion and respect. Again, I'll point out that vaping is still brand new on a daily basis for a lot of people and they don't understand. I understand that they don't understand. If it has substance and they can see it and smell it, logic says it's a little more than just plain breath. Harmful or not, they see it as it is. There is a proper time and place for vaping. In a public kitchen preparing food, in my opinion, isn't one.

And one more point as a citizen who does vape. If I saw someone vaping while preparing or serving my food in a restaurant, I would be totally turned off and that place would probably have one less client. If things are that lax, what else is allowed? Do the employees even have to wash their hands after the restroom? What else?

From an employers point of view, employees should respect that they are there to trade time for money. Productive time at the best of their ability. As well, employers need to respect the needs of employees and give them the designated time to take care of them. And of course, whether smoking or vaping, in most public service fields it should be out of the view of the public and away from the product.

What does that have to do with anything.
If you don't want your employees vaping outside of break time be a boss and tell them not to do it outside of break time. Don't get the government to do it for you.
When I worked for somebody else it was decided that smoking away from my bench cut into work. When it was a new building and we didn't want to stink it up with smoke it was decided that stepping outside posed a security risk. These things are for each individual business to decide not the government's.
Until vaping I couldn't open a retail store because of the cigarette ban. Ban vaping and I couldn't open a retail store again. I simply cannot step 15' away from my unmanned store to smoke/vape.

And if you are not rational that's nobody's issue but your own. Whether you see breath or not it's there. It carries germs. The majority of vapor has some germ killing properties. Nobody said anything about vaping while prepping food until someone's irrational fears of vapor dreamed that up. Obviously whether someone vapes or not has no bearing on their rationality.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
To this, I wasn't implying that we should only be limited to vaping outdoors in public. I'm a stay-at-home mom so when I do frequent public places, in general, I don't spend enough time in one place that I can't wait to vape. That's mainly because I'm focused on the task at hand. However, if the urge hits me then I will "stealth vape" publicly indoors. Not everyone subscribes to that notion and those are the people I take issue with. To me, that shines a bad spotlight on vaping and sets the wheels in motion for bans such as the one instituted in Chicago.

I've had many occasions to EDUCATE people on vaping because I proudly wear my MOD around my neck or carry it in my hand wherever I go. It's an eye-catcher so people want to know what it is and how it works. I take great joy in being able to spread the word.

I'd like to do something more like that, but my Daddy taught me not to put things around my neck and since I went into some of the same factory/lab jobs as he had, I stick to it. So I'm wearing mine in a really ugly pouch on my belt, along with my cell phone and my work badge. It makes me look SO FAT. But everything else I tried had a tendency to fall out of whatever pocket, hit the ground, and cost me somewhere between $30 and $50.

We really need to invent a way for women to have things on our person in a more graceful way. Purses don't count. If I were 30 years younger and had my original youthful legs, maybe I'd consider a garter holster. Phone on right leg, mod on left?

Stratoblaster

Nov 29, 2013
New Mexico
What does that have to do with anything.
If you don't want your employees vaping outside of break time be a boss and tell them not to do it outside of break time. Don't get the government to do it for you.

You so miss the point of my point. Once again, it's about discretion and respect. If we don't observe and practice it while we can, then the government will do it for us.

And yes, I did make a point off topic a bit. Just my views as a business owner and how some folks, if allowed to, will abuse common sense rules. I do make my own rules for my business. Thank goodness I'm still able to. And on topic, the fact that I and others realize what we're up against will put in place and observe some common sense regulations on their work force regardless if "we can vape anywhere we want without the same regulations as cigarettes". And back off topic, having something in hand rather than the tools to do the job being paid for is a distraction that shouldn't be allowed. And yes, it should be up to each individual employer to make and enforce these rules. Thank goodness we're still able to.

Last edited:

Stratoblaster

Nov 29, 2013
New Mexico
Penis envy (your mod's bigger than yours), 'pissing' contests (I can make bigger clouds than you), 'in-your-face' attitude...

Seems common sense takes leave very now and then and makes way for behaviour patterns which are more associated with teenagers in the middle of puberty.'

I like the way you put this. I've often got this impression from a lot of folks as well.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
You so miss the point of my point. Once again, it's about discretion and respect. If we don't observe and practice it while we can, then the government will do it for us.

And yes, I did make a point off topic a bit. Just my views as a business owner and how some folks, if allowed to, will abuse common sense rules. I do make my own rules for my business. Thank goodness I'm still able to. And on topic, the fact that I and others realize what we're up against will put in place and observe some common sense regulations on their work force regardless if "we can vape anywhere we want without the same regulations as cigarettes". And back off topic, having something in hand rather than the tools to do the job being paid for is a distraction that shouldn't be allowed. And yes, it should be up to each individual employer to make and enforce these rules. Thank goodness we're still able to.

Once again you miss the point. This IS about the government doing it for us as Chicago did. It has nothing to do with anyone vaping while prepping food (which there is already a hand to mouth rule in place that is covered under food prep guidlines).

After a small vape get together I said I can understand a business deciding not to allow vaping, the smell was strong and sickningly sweet with less than 10 people in a vape shop. That is not the same as what Chicago did.
Chicago did it because of ANTZ corruption and taxes not because someone was sub-ohming in public. None of these bans are because of someone's actions causing a public outcry, they are because the status quo loses money to ecigs.
We are not still able to set the rules in our businesses, we lost that with the smoking ban. Now it's being expanded to something that is not claimed to be a threat to innocents like second hand smoke was lied about. There's not even a nasty lingering odor for people to complain about. THAT is what this is about.

You want to blame vapers, I want to blame who is causing the loss of property rights.

When I smoked at my bench I hung a cigarette from my mouth. When I'm vaping I take a few quick puffs, it would take more time for me to get up and run outside every few minutes ... or I could go outside and smoke so I'd get the longer lasting and faster hitting nicotine hit from tobacco. Even if I managed to run outside to vape all summer as soon as this arctic weather hit I'd be smoking because coils don't work too well once it hits the negative digits.
That is what this comes down to. They want us smoking so they can continue to have an enemy to drive donations, government continues to rake in $3+ per pack in taxes, and pharma gets to sell ineffective NRT and expensive drugs to fight smoking diseases.

HilseeJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Mobile, AL
Blowing big clouds of vapor out where everyone can see it and smell it is taking push to the level of shove.

This. I recommend everyone read this post. There is also the sanitary concern of putting something to your mouth then immediately going to prepare food.

Yes, you could wash your hands after every use, IF you do. Big if.

I do condone hitting it in the bathroom. Out of immediate sight of people.

My philosophy is that I do not want attention from random people in almost any way, whether it be from vaping or otherwise.

This argument is similar to the open carry vs concealed carry debate. There most likely isn't a wrong answer. It's a matter of preference.

Stratoblaster

Nov 29, 2013
New Mexico
[
Once again you miss the point.

You're right. I guess I am missing your point. I just can't wrap my head around why you're saying this has happened in Chicago. Is this what you're saying? Banning vaping in public places without banning it altogether or the government taxing it like cigarettes or taking control of it just yet is going to force folks to quite vaping and go back to smoking cigarettes or using patches and gum even though vaping is still available to do discreetly and in our own space. How is this related to and forcing the tax and pharmaceutical issue or the evil ANTS agenda that is mentioned? I know that I, for one, won't go back to cigarettes or just start chewing the gum just because I can't smoke at work, or while walking through the store, or sitting through a walk-in movie. I can wait. And I'm glad that for now I'm still able to get my supplies that aren't overtaxed and use them in my own space.

You're right. I don't get or understand the reason you say this has happened. That point of view doesn't make sense to me. To me it seems to be a respect, discretion, and common sense issue.

Not to hopelessly or arogantly argue this point, but I just don't get how this would force the majority of vapers to go back to cigarettes and useless pharmaceutical aids that are subject to the governments appetite for more income.

JustB'nMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
TX
I'd like to do something more like that, but my Daddy taught me not to put things around my neck and since I went into some of the same factory/lab jobs as he had, I stick to it. So I'm wearing mine in a really ugly pouch on my belt, along with my cell phone and my work badge. It makes me look SO FAT. But everything else I tried had a tendency to fall out of whatever pocket, hit the ground, and cost me somewhere between $30 and $50.

We really need to invent a way for women to have things on our person in a more graceful way. Purses don't count. If I were 30 years younger and had my original youthful legs, maybe I'd consider a garter holster. Phone on right leg, mod on left?

Love the garter holster idea....especially if I had my legs from 20 years ago!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
[

You're right. I guess I am missing your point. I just can't wrap my head around why you're saying this has happened in Chicago. Is this what you're saying? Banning vaping in public places without banning it altogether or the government taxing it like cigarettes or taking control of it just yet is going to force folks to quite vaping and go back to smoking cigarettes or using patches and gum even though vaping is still available to do discreetly and in our own space. How is this related to and forcing the tax and pharmaceutical issue or the evil ANTS agenda that is mentioned? I know that I, for one, won't go back to cigarettes or just start chewing the gum just because I can't smoke at work, or while walking through the store, or sitting through a walk-in movie. I can wait. And I'm glad that for now I'm still able to get my supplies that aren't overtaxed and use them in my own space.

You're right. I don't get or understand the reason you say this has happened. That point of view doesn't make sense to me. To me it seems to be a respect, discretion, and common sense issue.

Not to hopelessly or arogantly argue this point, but I just don't get how this would force the majority of vapers to go back to cigarettes and useless pharmaceutical aids that are subject to the governments appetite for more income.

You don't understand this has happened in Chicago? Read the thread title.
The ban was not in response to people vaping, it was in response to vaping existing.
I guess I can see your confusion, you saw, "vaping in public places" and stopped reading to form an opinion on vaping in public spaces.

I guess someone in New Mexico can't understand. Send me outside to vape at 0° and I'd have no option but to smoke at least in the winter.

I'd rather believe in the evil ANTZ than the imaginary evil vapers who don't do exactly what you do so they're the cause of all the bans that get blamed on the innocent ANTZ.
Funny how you think lawful public vaping is the cause of all your problems but illegal public vaping is the cure.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
You don't understand this has happened in Chicago? Read the thread title.
The ban was not in response to people vaping, it was in response to vaping existing.
I guess I can see your confusion, you saw, "vaping in public places" and stopped reading to form an opinion on vaping in public spaces.

I guess someone in New Mexico can't understand. Send me outside to vape at 0° and I'd have no option but to smoke at least in the winter.

I'd rather believe in the evil ANTZ than the imaginary evil vapers who don't do exactly what you do so they're the cause of all the bans that get blamed on the innocent ANTZ.
Funny how you think lawful public vaping is the cause of all your problems but illegal public vaping is the cure.

Either Chicago or NYC (I think NYC) had people blowing big clouds in there DURING the City Council meeting instead of stealth vaping.

I suspect we might have lost a couple less votes without that (so we could have lost 23-6 instead of 25-4 or whatever.)

Older people who grew up in smoke-filled houses and cars but were not smokers are EASY to sway by the argument "I never want to see that again." Almost like a kind of PTSD-lite. Well, helium-light, but still.

But the guy who wanted to vape in the kitchen should probably have been reminded of the hand-to-mouth rule, though he did say he was going to vape in the restroom. With or without the vape, if he doesn't wash his hands afterwards, I don't wanna eat there. (Note this person did NOT say he did not wash his hands......)

Let's save the big displays for the smoking areas, and impress the smokers. Or around the corner in an empty hallway where it can dissipate before someone else comes along.

It is not a question of whether the ANTZ are the cause of our problems, they are. It is a question of who will get non-vaping allies because we will never be a majority.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Either Chicago or NYC (I think NYC) had people blowing big clouds in there DURING the City Council meeting instead of stealth vaping.

I suspect we might have lost a couple less votes without that (so we could have lost 23-6 instead of 25-4 or whatever.)

Older people who grew up in smoke-filled houses and cars but were not smokers are EASY to sway by the argument "I never want to see that again." Almost like a kind of PTSD-lite. Well, helium-light, but still.

But the guy who wanted to vape in the kitchen should probably have been reminded of the hand-to-mouth rule, though he did say he was going to vape in the restroom. With or without the vape, if he doesn't wash his hands afterwards, I don't wanna eat there. (Note this person did NOT say he did not wash his hands......)

Let's save the big displays for the smoking areas, and impress the smokers. Or around the corner in an empty hallway where it can dissipate before someone else comes along.

It is not a question of whether the ANTZ are the cause of our problems, they are. It is a question of who will get non-vaping allies because we will never be a majority.

NYC was a protest, the end of the story was already written when long ago they claimed they weren't going after ecigs. No votes were lost. Expect to see more protests.
Conley vaping (or not) at the Duluth meeting didn't change the outcome. The outcome was bought and paid for long before they first announced the ban proposal.

I suspect that you might actually see vapers in the wild in CA. Most of the world doesn't. To try to blame vapers and sub-ohm for the bans is ludicrous. The fact that ecigs barely existed was enough for the FDA to try to ban them as medical devices. The fact that they got their hand slapped and they still exist is enough for the ANTZ now.
If you want to avoid bans everyone needs to not vape ever, which of course is a defacto ban. We are not the cause, we can win votes hiding.

When I worked in a restaurant before smoking bans the cooks stepped off the line to smoke. I smoked at the dishwasher on the dirty side. I suspect similar was going on before the vaping ban. It's not like you can hang most ecigs from your mouth and vape while your hands are busy.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
NYC was a protest, the end of the story was already written when long ago they claimed they weren't going after ecigs. No votes were lost. Expect to see more protests.
Conley vaping (or not) at the Duluth meeting didn't change the outcome. The outcome was bought and paid for long before they first announced the ban proposal.

I suspect that you might actually see vapers in the wild in CA. Most of the world doesn't. To try to blame vapers and sub-ohm for the bans is ludicrous. The fact that ecigs barely existed was enough for the FDA to try to ban them as medical devices. The fact that they got their hand slapped and they still exist is enough for the ANTZ now.
If you want to avoid bans everyone needs to not vape ever, which of course is a defacto ban. We are not the cause, we can win votes hiding.

When I worked in a restaurant before smoking bans the cooks stepped off the line to smoke. I smoked at the dishwasher on the dirty side. I suspect similar was going on before the vaping ban. It's not like you can hang most ecigs from your mouth and vape while your hands are busy.

The NYC thing AFTER was a protest, but there were a couple of people in there blowing big clouds for hours BEFORE the vote. They didn't cost us the vote. But they sure didn't help.

Conley stealth vapes when he's not up, encourages us to do the same, then once he's "up" he asks to demo, challenges them to guess if he's really vaping or not, vapes, then takes some Q&A on the matter. It's very effective.

I don't see much of vapers OR smokers in the wild in CA. The only smokers are usually foreign men. The vapers I see once every few weeks. I work on being seen outdoors blowing big clouds or indoors vaping but blowing nothing visible. That is what I recommend as a friend-making strategy. It's not about blame, I said we might have lost 23-6 instead of 25-4, that's not a victory. But it's about the next victory we want. Vaping in places where hot food and drink is not allowed (like the children's section of the library) or blowing HUGE clouds onto strangers indoors, both of which I've read about in recent posts, is irresponsible. Show people what vaping is, and that it's safe AND POLITE.

Stratoblaster

Nov 29, 2013
New Mexico

I really have no words to argue your point of view. I do know what's going on, where it's going, and what is the real cause. Regardless, it's good to see that some folks understand what needs to be done to fight this battle correctly. Lawful public vaping has been blatantly abused by a lot of vapers who just give your ANTZ more ammunition. Illegal public vaping is the cure? Seriously? How did that come out of what I've said? Now you're just looking for ways to turn around things I've pointed out and slam them.

Also, at least for myself, an eight hour stretch without nicotine isn't going to get me to go back to smoking cigarettes. I actually have done 3 day stretches at certain business retreats. That's just me. I don't expect most folks to hold out like that. It's difficult but when it's necessary... Still, a lot of the ammunition that the groups have has been given by legal public vapers who can't sit through a two hour movie or spend an hour in a store without being blatantly obvious and sometimes, as pointed out by one poster, in your face about it.

I have no more point to make. I'm out. Turn what I've just said around how you will.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The NYC thing AFTER was a protest, but there were a couple of people in there blowing big clouds for hours BEFORE the vote. They didn't cost us the vote. But they sure didn't help.

Conley stealth vapes when he's not up, encourages us to do the same, then once he's "up" he asks to demo, challenges them to guess if he's really vaping or not, vapes, then takes some Q&A on the matter. It's very effective.

I don't see much of vapers OR smokers in the wild in CA. The only smokers are usually foreign men. The vapers I see once every few weeks. I work on being seen outdoors blowing big clouds or indoors vaping but blowing nothing visible. That is what I recommend as a friend-making strategy. It's not about blame, I said we might have lost 23-6 instead of 25-4, that's not a victory. But it's about the next victory we want. Vaping in places where hot food and drink is not allowed (like the children's section of the library) or blowing HUGE clouds onto strangers indoors, both of which I've read about in recent posts, is irresponsible. Show people what vaping is, and that it's safe AND POLITE.

If you didn't know what the vote in NYC was going to be you're gullible. It was a protest, maybe not well thought out but it was a protest.

I don't recall Conley asking in Duluth. I imagine Krug and ALA were gasping in horror. It obviously wasn't effective because the vote was already bought and paid for.

Well if you're not seeing vapers in the wild how is it they deserve the blame? Who is seeing these vapors blowing clouds in the wild to go complaining to the lawmakers about?
Nobody is seeing them because the numbers aren't there. 20% of the population smoked, we'd be lucky if 50% of that 20% has switched to ecigs and lucky if 50% of that blowing big clouds. 5% of the population blowing big clouds isn't being noticed by anyone.
The reality is most vapers are using things like Blu and lucky to get a cloud.
ALA and ACS are imagining and making pre-emptive calls.

I agree about being respectful and I keep clouds down when vaping at my sister's but this blame game of put the ban blame on imaginary vapers is ridiculous. (See the blame below, "Lawful public vaping has been blatantly abused by a lot of vapers who just give your ANTZ more ammunition.")

I really have no words to argue your point of view. I do know what's going on, where it's going, and what is the real cause. Regardless, it's good to see that some folks understand what needs to be done to fight this battle correctly. Lawful public vaping has been blatantly abused by a lot of vapers who just give your ANTZ more ammunition. Illegal public vaping is the cure? Seriously? How did that come out of what I've said? Now you're just looking for ways to turn around things I've pointed out and slam them.

Also, at least for myself, an eight hour stretch without nicotine isn't going to get me to go back to smoking cigarettes. I actually have done 3 day stretches at certain business retreats. That's just me. I don't expect most folks to hold out like that. It's difficult but when it's necessary... Still, a lot of the ammunition that the groups have has been given by legal public vapers who can't sit through a two hour movie or spend an hour in a store without being blatantly obvious and sometimes, as pointed out by one poster, in your face about it.

I have no more point to make. I'm out. Turn what I've just said around how you will.

You seem to be very confused about what the topic of this thread is. Public vaping HAS BEEN BANNED in Chicago. It IS illegal. "Discretion and respect" where vaping is illegal is ILLEGAL.

Where are these "a lot of vapers" "blatantly abusing"? "A lot of vapers" don't even exist let alone those blatantly abusing.

I need nicotine for health reasons. I could go a long time without nicotine and not have a desire, but I would have health problems. 3 days without and I wouldn't be at the retreat, I'd at least be at the doctor's if not the ER and getting my meds changed to ones that cause chemo resistant lymphoma, other cancers and organ failure. May as well smoke and get the added protection smoking would give me.
If I was able to go without nicotine like you, I'd get off nicotine. That was my original goal, that's how I found out I have a disease that nicotine helps.

Last edited:

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
But we have to think of the children of Chicago....Mayor Emanuel was on the local news station talking about this gem before it passed, and as usual, he had no clue what he was talking about. Stating old facts and whining about the children and on and on.

Personally, I do not vape where smoking is not allowed. And not vaping in a restaurant or a movie is not going to bother me. What does bother me is places like bars and clubs where it was allowed. First off, no children are allowed, so we are protecting who? Second, this forces the vapers back outside with smokers, which just sucks.

I have a friend who loved Chicago...born and raised there...she got the hell out because it was worse than California. My only question is why the GOOD people of Chicago have allowed the government to make the citizens their .....*s? I'm well aware of the history of "Chicago politics". Rahm is a {MODERATED}. Always has been, always will be.

We have our own here...Daryl Steinberg-president of the senate. He is an a$$hat deluxe. I feel your pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
Love the garter holster idea....especially if I had my legs from 20 years ago!

I have lady friends who carry concealed hand guns AND e-cigs in thigh holsters. They use "cell phone" holsters when they aren't wearing a dress...armed and vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread