Vaping in Public places indoor. Do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paleocon12111971

Feb 28, 2013
Chicago, IL
I've vaped in the mall a couple of times but that's it so far. Once I did it right in front of a mall security officer without realizing, but he didn't even look twice at me. Next time I go to the movies I'll definitely be vaping in the theater. I used to always leave mid-movie for a smoke. Thankfully those days are gone!

I vaped once in the movie theater before the coming attractions started. I don't want to be disrespectful. I don't like to stealth vape. It's pretty pointless to me. If we're trying to normalize vaping, why should we hide it?

Tober138

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
cHARLOTte, NC
Next time I go to the movies I'll definitely be vaping in the theater. I used to always leave mid-movie for a smoke. Thankfully those days are gone!

If I saw a cloud of vapor drifting up in between my line of sight of the screen, I would politely ask that person to knock it off. Its like people texting during a movie - they aren't making noise, but the light from the screen sure is annoying.

paleocon12111971

Feb 28, 2013
Chicago, IL
If I saw a cloud of vapor drifting up in between my line of sight of the screen, I would politely ask that person to knock it off. Its like people texting during a movie - they aren't making noise, but the light from the screen sure is annoying.

I agree. I vaped once in the movie theater BEFORE the coming attractions started. Vaping during a movie (unless you're in the back row of the cinema) is just a nuisance to others.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Same here. I think vaping in movie is a no-no.

indianajames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Mission, KS
Aside from the gym, I vape everywhere. Two reasons:
1. To raise awareness.
2. I simply don't give a ****.

The movies would be no big deal for me as I always sit in the very back row anyway, and I usually don't go during peak hours. If it were crowded or I was somehow forced to sit somewhere other than the very back, I'd be cool about it and just wait until the movie was over. I wasn't an inconsiderate smoker; I won't be an inconsiderate vapist, either. I'm just cool like that. :2cool:

No one, as of yet, has said anything to me about it, either. Then again, I'm not overtly flaunting it. I carry a gun, too, but I don't open-carry or tell anyone about it if I'm not asked.

Last edited:

SALLYGOODIN

Feb 26, 2013
Idaho
Aside from the gym, I vape everywhere. Two reasons:
1. To raise awareness.
2. I simply don't give a ****.

The movies would be no big deal for me as I always sit in the very back row anyway, and I usually don't go during peak hours. If it were crowded or I was somehow forced to sit somewhere other than the very back, I'd be cool about it and just wait until the movie was over. I wasn't an inconsiderate smoker; I won't be an inconsiderate vapist, either. I'm just cool like that. :2cool:

No one, as of yet, has said anything to me about it, either. Then again, I'm not overtly flaunting it. I carry a gun, too, but I don't open-carry or tell anyone about it if I'm not asked.

I will be glad when we see more and more people doing this. I worry though that they, anti nicotine people, are going to try to say these are bad too and try to prevent us from using them in public. The only places I have vaped so far in a public place is the restrooms at Joann Fabrics and Walmart. Wish I had the guts you do. We shouldn't have to feel ashamed !

MeanDrunkR2D2

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
DFW
I vape most everywhere I go. If I'm at a bar of a restaurant (like last week) I asked the bartender if it was ok to use it first, and she was cool with it and actually had one herself. But the one she had was a cheap knockoff that really didn't satisfy and she never really got into using it much at all. I taught her, and her co-workers who were rather impressed that having a decent ego style with a decent carto/viva nova and good juice can make all the difference in the world. There were several patrons that at first were doing the 'OMG he's smoking at the bar! I thought it was banned' talk, and then I explained to them that it was just water vapor and no more harmful then a steaming cup of coffee.

indianajames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Mission, KS
I will be glad when we see more and more people doing this. I worry though that they, anti nicotine people, are going to try to say these are bad too and try to prevent us from using them in public. The only places I have vaped so far in a public place is the restrooms at Joann Fabrics and Walmart. Wish I had the guts you do. We shouldn't have to feel ashamed !
I don't think anything of it. If an employee of an establishment tells me to "put it out" I'll just laugh and put it in my pocket. To my knowledge, the only place in IN that has any sort of ban that includes vaping is Marion County, so I'll definitely play nice when I'm in Indianapolis. (Isn't it weird that I can legally carry a loaded firearm in most public places but can't vape in some of those very same places?)

Im new to vaping and at the moment am too chicken to pull it out in public LOL
I never pull it out in public, but I do vape in public.

We're still talking about vaping, right?

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I don't think anything of it. If an employee of an establishment tells me to "put it out" I'll just laugh and put it in my pocket. To my knowledge, the only place in IN that has any sort of ban that includes vaping is Marion County, so I'll definitely play nice when I'm in Indianapolis. (Isn't it weird that I can legally carry a loaded firearm in most public places but can't vape in some of those very same places?)
EEEEK ... 2nd hand vapor !!
:p

That's a joke
You would have to lip-lock with someone and blow the vapor
in their mouth for them to get any nicotine!

Blurgas

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2012
So my ways have changed a bit. 9 times out of 10 I won't vape indoors unless it's my home, but that 1 time I'll usually just take a quick vape and hold it to absorb as much as possible(aka stealth vape)
When I smoked I never lit up around the girlfriend, but vaping I'll occasionally take a hit while in the bathroom or if she's zonked out

Krism

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
SF Bay Area
I vape everywhere it' not explicitly prohibited or obviously inappropriate, like a funeral home. I've had zero problems. In a restaurant, I may or may not ask first. If I ask, I'll try to ask a manager instead of some server who will go immediately into CYA mode. In a bar, I don't ask. In a theater, I keep my vapor to a minimum so as not to obscure the view of others. In a grocery store I don't ask. In a retail store where I'm going to be spending time, I might or might not vape or I might or might not ask first. It depends on the situation, but I never assume that because smoking is prohibited, vaping is. I'm not smoking and nobody has a legitimate reason to be offended. I don't suffer fools gladly and I don't cater to willfull ignorance or irrationality.

If there are laws against it, they'll be on the state of local level and they'll likely just lump smoking and vaping together. The fight is going on State by State, city by city. CASAA has a lot of info on legislation proposed, passed and defeated that would ban vaping where smoking is not allowed. They have legislative alerts about proposed legislation. Utah was the latest State that went down, AFAIK. Other states dodged the bullet and removed vaping from statewide indoor smoking bans. Some cities have passed anti-vaping laws and some haven't addressed it at all.

My feeliing is that the more you vape in public, the more people will stop confusing vaping and smoking and the more people will realize how stupid these laws are. If you sneak around, vaping in smoking areas, vaping a cigarette look-alike and otherwise acting like a smoker, people will associate vaping and smoking.

I have personally influenced the policies of several bars and restaurants that formerly had no policy on vaping. It is up to us to do this before the anti-nicotine zealots do it for us, either through legislation or their propaganda machine. There's no need to be "in your face" about any of it. But unless the law is already established, we are under no obligation to acquiesce to the demands of every random person who does not know, and is not interested in learning, that vapor is not smoke.

Vape considerately. Demonstrate and educate. That's the only way to immunize the public from the propaganda campaign that's being waged against vaping.

I agree whole heartily with, If we don't bring awareness to all around us daily then people will just listen to the news and make their opinions based on ignorant comments based on zero facts.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
E-smoking2_zpsb8a3e8f0.jpg

Click Here
:laugh:

Old_Gregg

Mar 1, 2013
OKC
I don't think it matters how much the "public" is educated about the harmlessness of vaping. People have an inherent need to tell other people how to live and to feel superior to them. All the old stanbys are gone that people used to feel superior to those around them. Anything to do with nicotine is going to be considered harmful and all of the obliviots will jump at the chance to ban it. They will get all the fodder they need from idiots like Rachel Ray and the rest of the lame stream media. The fight against vaping hasn't even begun yet. Most of us "vapers" are ex-smokers. We were treated like second hand citizens for that. Vaping will be no different. They will just be attacking the same old group for trading one vice for another, equally harmful one ( in their opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread