Vaping in Public places indoor. Do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalo

Jun 5, 2012
SW Florida
I live in SW Florida and vape anywhere i go,so far i haven't had anyone hassle me but have had alot of people come up and ask me about it and does it really work. I'm respectful and don't blow vapor in peoples faces since thats just rude but i will vape in bars,restaurants,stores,etc,etc. I personally think we need to be seen doing it in public before the fools in washington brainwash everyone to think vaping is the next great evil. My 2cents.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I don't, but I think it is just a left over habit from smoking

Bingo!! It's not a coincidence that most people who don't are newer, and most people who do have been non-smokers for a while.

It's the fat kid in the mirror syndrome. The fat kid grows up into a slender person, but he still sees a fat kid in the mirror.

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
People like that piss me off whether I am vaping or not.
They act like their kids are the precious offspring of the angels themselves.

I jumped off roofs when I was a kid.
I jumped off bridges when I was a kid.
I jumped my bike over burning haystacks when I was a kid.

Okay, not really on the haystacks thing.
:)

I really dislike all of this mamby-pamby overprotection we see these days.
And it is these very same people who are feeding the nanny government and giving them the permission to screw us all.

Anyway, there, I said it.

Yes, you did say it and you said it well!
I also jumped off roofs and bridges when I was a kid.:thumbs:

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I think it's about respect and personal space. I vape openly anywhere a cloud of vapor isn't going to directly interfere with someone's ability to focus and enjoy whatever's going on in that venue. Bars are fair game, restaurants are fair game as long as the tables aren't close enough to have my vape wafting over someone else's table. Outside anywhere is fair game. My car, all day long. My mother's car, (ex-smoker who we refer to as the .... nazi because she can sniff a smoker from a mile away and hates all things to do with smoking)... I told her to let me know if the smell of the vape bothered her, turns out she thinks it smells like waffles and was fine with it. I cracked a window so there wasn't a cloud in her face.

I wouldn't want a cloud of vapor in front of me in a movie theater. (I'll stealth if I NEED a hit). Funerals and weddings are a non-vape service because of respect. Award ceremonies, graduations, etc. not during the ceremony... I'll step into the lobby. At work, I have a desk fan and chain vape between calls. Without the fan, using high VG, I'd look like I had my own personal cloud.. that could be distracting for coworkers. I vape openly, but I'm respectful about it. I don't ask for forgiveness. I also don't blow clouds in anyone's face unless they ask me to.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
I'll be honest... After being talked to, preached to, yelled at, and flat out threatened when I was a smoker, I couldn't give a flying f about other people's sensitive little feelings anymore as a non smoker. As soon as someone mentions my vaping offends them, then I'm going to lean in towards the person, take a sniff, and tell them their stinky breath offends me. Why is it okay for someone to breath their bad breath in my general direction, but I can't breath mine just as well? The only difference between my breath and theirs, is that you can see mine when I'm vaping. Should we tell people to stop breathing on cold mornings, so we can't see their breath?

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I really am tired of this country (U.S.) and all of it's sensitive BS, and whining. Advocacy groups, homeowners associations, Escalade-driving soccer moms, etc. etc. etc. People, that when it comes to finding proper information, couldn't find their a** with both hands and a map. They just read the first result on a google search, and consider themselves experts on a subject.

Vape your brains out, people. You're not doing anything wrong. You've been conditioned to feeling like a 3rd class citizen, and until YOU break away from that, you will always feel that way. Even if they make vaping illegal, I'm still going to do it. Last I heard, we live in a democracy, and until they make EVERYONE'S inhaler illegal (including asthmatics, COPD, oxygen, Nicotrol, etc.), I will not bow down and be bullied into giving up MY inhaler. I don't know what's being exhaled from those inhalers any more than they know what's being exhaled from mine. And if they're going to legislate against one, then they better legislate against all of them. And if they're going to regulate nicotine, or make it illegal, then ya better make EVERYTHING that contains nicotine regulated or illegal (such as pesticides, food sources, tobacco products, stop smoking aids, etc.). What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Brandooth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
california
Maybe I've just been lucky, but vaping for 6 months now and in public places, I have never been asked to stop. I live in southern California and work in a major indoor mall. I'll be walking around during my breaks and whatnot, right past the "security guards" and not even a second glance. I am asked all the time about what it is, so on and so forth, but just curious people trying to figure it out.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I live in Philippines.
Im now vaping inside my room.
I can vape anywhere except when somebody asks me to stop (ignorant people who dont know the difference of smoking and vaping**i cant blame them)
What happens when an ignorant person asks you to stop and you don't stop?
Do they get to send you to jail?

I can blame ignorant people for not knowing the difference as soon as I offer to tell them the difference but they don't want to hear. It's called "willful ignorance". If I tell them it's vapor and not smoke and they don't know the difference they are not ignorant, they are stupid. I have no patience for willful ignorance. It is destroying my country and it will probably destroy yours as well. People who are willfully ignorant are a danger to civilization. They are worse than terrorists. They should be forced to confine themselves to their homes where they can spend all day watching American Idol, or cartoons or Fox news on television. And no voting either.

Last edited:

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Most non-smokers who have seen me vape have asked about it because they see "smoke" but don't smell "smoke. When I explain that I'm getting my nicotine in a way that's much, much, much healthier to me, and harmless to them, they either say it's cool and move along, or start asking questions because they have a friend or family member that's been unsuccessful with gum/patches/other crappy cessation methods. I haven't had any negative reactions during the 6 months I vaped last year or the 2 months I've been back at it.

I went on a school field trip to the planetarium with my nieces. I vaped outside the school, inside the school, on the bus, outside the planetarium, inside the planetarium etc. The only time I made sure I wasn't blowing plumes was during the show. I wouldn't have wanted a cloud obscuring my view, so I only puffed a bit towards the end and held it in til there wasn't a cloud coming from my mouth. I got a few questions from the 13 year olds, and told them it's basically the same thing as nicotine gum and the patch except it's a steam that I inhale. I didn't say "hey, check out this really cool toy". 1 of the kids asked if it was an e-cig like his dad got from the gas station. He said his dad was cheating sometimes because that one didn't work good. He's got my phone number for dad.

I never said to protect everyone from seeing vapor, I said I show a little respect for someone's personal space and/or enjoyment of a show. If I wouldn't want someone doing something like ummmm blowing bubbles in that venue, then I won't blow plumes. I'll vape my face off in church before and after the wedding service, but not during the vows etc. Hopefully that makes more sense.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
What happens when an ignorant person asks you to stop and you don't stop?
Do they get to send you to jail?

I can blame ignorant people for not knowing the difference as soon as I offer to tell them the difference but they don't want to hear. It's called "willful ignorance". If I tell them it's vapor and not smoke and they don't know the difference they are not ignorant, they are stupid. I have no patience for willful ignorance. It is destroying my country and it will probably destroy yours as well. People who are willfully ignorant are a danger to civilization. They are worse than terrorists. They should be forced to confine themselves to their homes where they can spend all day watching American Idol, or cartoons or Fox news on television. And no voting either.
Yes! Thank you! I couldn't have said it any better myself. People really seem to take the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing to new extremes everyday. These are absolutely the people that are ruining our country. They're the people that don't even know who the vice president is, but they can tell you who is the heavy favorite to win American Idol or whatever other stupid "reality" game show that might be on.

America is full of uneducated idiots. Some of them even have PhD's.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
This thread has given me a lot to think about. As someone who still smokes, I still tend to go outside even to vape. Plus, maybe I'd smoke instead.

I've asked about indoors twice: Once at a dinner theatre (comedy club) where they said no because it can distract and mess up the performer's timing. Once at a chain diner, where they said "Of course, people have been doing it all the time!"

I also sneak vapes when stuck somewhere....in an empty hallway on jury duty when there wasn't time to go out and get
back in through security. In an empty hallway at work when I am late for a long meeting. Same with some larger stores
that are not crowded.

Away from kids, I vape in my house and car (I do not smoke there) and in the houses and cars of other smokers who do not smoke in their houses or cars. I plan to vape in restrooms when I take a super-long plane trip in fall -- both in the air and much
more on the ground during connections. (Note: I would NEVER wear perfume on a plane or to the theater, that
can give people (including my daughter) horrible breathing problems.)

I believe I will start vaping more indoors in public, but using a small ecig that doesn't put out a lot of vapor.

I'm getting a high-vapor device for satisfaction, but I'm inclined to start low-key with that indoors -- maybe in malls
but not stores, bars and diners but not health food restaurants?

I gave my first ecigs (Greensmoke) to my sister, and they look like analogs. We were in a crowded outdoor area full
of children for the recent eclipse and people would give her ugly looks when she raised it to her lips, then grin when they
saw the green light.

Last edited:

mwplefty

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Chicago, IL
The only time that I believe vaping indoors should be banned is if it's a "distraction" like in certain areas of the movie theater or concert hall. In other words, if using your cell phone is prohibited in a certain area, then I don't mind vaping being prohibited there either. So basically, anywhere a cell phone is allowed, vaping should be allowed as well.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
The only time that I believe vaping indoors should be banned is if it's a "distraction" like in certain areas of the movie theater or concert hall. In other words, if using your cell phone is prohibited in a certain area, then I don't mind vaping being prohibited there either. So basically, anywhere a cell phone is allowed, vaping should be allowed as well.

I vaped dead center of a packed theater for 2+ hrs and didnt bother anybody. I do agree w you, but there are always exceptions to the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread