Vaping in the Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
Calgary Alberta Canada
Hello fellow Vapers, it has been just over a month since I gave up cigarettes and started vaping. It has at times been a tough hall. Trying to find tanks & mods that work for me has been a challenge, but I think I found a nice combination that might work for people new to vaping. I am using a SMOK Micro One mod with a Nautilus Mini Tank. This gives me a nice tight draw that I miss from smoking cigarettes and the Mod gives me a wide variety of variations like Temperature and Wattage control and stays consistent all day. I have discovered that I don't need a lot of wattage to get a satisfying vape (using 7.5 to 9 watts). I buy my juice & coils at a Vape Shop and although I know I am paying a premium price, my Health is worth it.
I live in Canada and work outside. During winter months it can get quite cold. My juice got too cold (thick) and leaked through the coil that was ruined from not being properly wicked. Anyone have any tricks to vaping in the COLD?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
My clouds seem to be thicker when it's cold..
That said I vape 100% VG in tanks like the TFV8 at 125-130w..it doesn't take too long for those tanks to warm up..usually in two good pulls and the whole tank (and the juice in it) is warm enough to keep blowing those thick clouds.. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Be careful with metal drip tips.

doubledog.jpeg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
"have discovered that I don't need a lot of wattage to get a satisfying vape (using 7.5 to 9 watts"

I agree about higher ohm coil and low watts to get great flavor. Could take a look at DIY to save a lot of money.
Might like to read: Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread