• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping indoors in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I've been wondering - is vaping treated the same as cigarettes when it comes to smoking bans indoors in Canada? Is it legal to vape indoors anywhere other than your own private residence?

When I'm in a bar I'll tell the waitress that if she sees a cloud of smoke coming from my table that it's just an electronic cigarette, most of them don't think twice and just say ok, some of them ask me about it, but not once has someone told me I can't. However, if they did, I would just go outside, I'm not the kind of person who is going to make a big deal about it. If I'm in a mall or shop, I normally won't vape, and if I do it's because no one is around.

edit: I kind of missed the point on this thread. It is not treated the same as cigarette bans, and yes it is legal to vape indoors, however there are some places where you can't vape (like some airlines, and probably some other places)

Last edited:

VapourGuy

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Ontario,Canada/ New York
The way I look at this is as long as you stick it in peoples face you shouldn't have a problem. But also if everyone is to start just using them open everywhere and especially if it's bothering someone it could come back and blow up in are face and be used in the fight to ban them in some way. We all know there is the non smokers out there that no matter what they will still see it as the same thing and start complaining.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
Let me know how it works out for you.

16 hours later and I have made it to the Crowsnest Pass!! OMFG that trip just about did me in..no sleep..thank god for black berry messenger and ecigs! I vaped all the way here, stealth mode and normal mode. I am vaping right now at dads and no one even knows! I think they all think I just have a pretty pink pen in my mouth! I used my pcc to charge batteries, worked like a charm! I love my setup from www.happyvapors.com!!!!! I love vaping, I love the fact I have not had analogs and everyone here is bragging to me about 15 days of no smoking!!! OMG vaping saved my life!!!! And those CE2 R4 cartos I got from happy vapors rocked! I filled 5 of them up in Saskatchewan, and I am only on my 2nd one now!!!!!!

VapourGuy

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Ontario,Canada/ New York
I'm glad it worked out for you. When I drove to Florida last year with my pregnant girlfriend it made it a lot easier and same this year with my son if it wasn't for e-cigs I wouldn't have made it. When I was down there I went to totally wicked and got my first mega ego atty when they just came out and I filled it up before I left and drove all the way to Tennessee on one cart and it didn't leave my mouth.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I went to work today at a dealership. I contract detailing so don't actually work there. first day back in a while. The sales manager I have known a long time and even said he'd believe it when he saw it that I'd quit smoking. They were asking me all day to take puffs inside, thought it was great. Even like the smell. It's great I can vape indoors outdoors while I work on cars (try that with a smoke and you'll have worksafe papers flashed in your face haha)... it seems there anyway, even the non smokers accept it just fine... encourage it in fact...I just had to explain what it did and how things can be affected.

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    Me personally, whether I'm in a mall, restaurant or Tims, will just go to the washroom and vape in a stall (unless it smells horrid from it's last visit) If that's the case, I'll take my chances outside lol. At least you can't get yelled at for vaping near the door.

That rule is for smoking, and we're not smoking. I too, find a little education does go a long way, but there are always people too ignorant to learn.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    British Columbia
    I host karaoke at a local bar here and even though the bar manager is a vaper (saw my 510 and ordered one herself) she says that we shouldn't vape openly. Guess she's scared of causing drunks to openly light up in the bar.

I just go around the corner to the empty banquet room and vape there.

I don't vape around my boys (I go into the kitchen, or outside with my still smoking GF), but vaping in my car with the windows rolled up is awesome!

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2009
    Calgary, AB Canada
    I host karaoke at a local bar here and even though the bar manager is a vaper (saw my 510 and ordered one herself) she says that we shouldn't vape openly. Guess she's scared of causing drunks to openly light up in the bar.

I just go around the corner to the empty banquet room and vape there.

I don't vape around my boys (I go into the kitchen, or outside with my still smoking GF), but vaping in my car with the windows rolled up is awesome!

I hosted karaoke at a bar in Edmonton until I moved to this wasteland. Vaping was well received and we did it openly. If I had had extra kits on me, I could have sold several a night.

I still vape pretty openly around here. There is not a bar I have been to that I have had a problem - mostly what I get is "Is that one of them smokeless cigarette thingys?"

I do vape in the house and around my kids - but they're all of the 4-legged variety, so they care not. (On an aside, I got into a huge argument this weekend about the BF smoking a cigar in the house. It actually woke me up it stunk so bad.) I stealth vape in most other places - stores, restaurants, etc.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2009
    Calgary, AB Canada
    Same thing. So many people ask me to have a "drag", bleh. I just tell them to google this forum and have a read.

I don't mind their drunken breath on my mics, but that's as far as it gets lol

We always had alcohol wipes on hand for cleaning the mics - some people tend to spit when they sing. ick. - I would use those on my e-cigs if someone wanted to try it.

We always had alcohol wipes on hand for cleaning the mics - some people tend to spit when they sing. ick. - I would use those on my e-cigs if someone wanted to try it.
    I always carry a kit with me that has extra attys and drip tips for time people ask "hey is that an electric cig? can I try it?" I am always happy to oblige put them in a separate container then disinfect them later.

And as for vaping indoors I have yet to try my luck in a bar or any other public place indoors. But, at work I vape away my co-workers don't care but I am also considerate and don't vape say... cigar flavor that may to them smell bad. But a tropical daiquiri or Green Apple is A-OK. In fact my boss has purposely brought people in for me to show them how it works and tell them the benefit. Ive already converted a few of my workmates "Go Team!".

Jon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    18pct.com
    Myself and one of my co-workers both vape at the office. I'm in an office, he's in a cube and everyone we work with knows all about it and so far no objections. I try to stay away from stinky flavours though (especially my diy honey flue, which I love but everyone tells me smells like a TTC urinal). I try not to make a big show of it though -- not exactly stealth but not blowing out giant plumes of vapor all over the place either.

Switched

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Myself and one of my co-workers both vape at the office. I'm in an office, he's in a cube and everyone we work with knows all about it and so far no objections. I try to stay away from stinky flavours though (especially my diy honey flue, which I love but everyone tells me smells like a TTC urinal). I try not to make a big show of it though -- not exactly stealth but not blowing out giant plumes of vapor all over the place either.

Yup! Vaped honey is quite repulsive to anyone around you. Funny we don't smell it though. I accidentally vaped my Regal Beagle in the kitchen, went down stairs for a moment to get something and came back. Now, I know why my wife does not like the smell of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread