Travel and Vaping Vaping indoors in Halifax NS (Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gato Vapeador

Jul 30, 2016
Mexico City
I may travel for work to Halifax NS between March 14-20. I would like to be able to vape indoors, as it is too cold to do it outdoors. Is there any B&B or accommodation allowing one to vape indoors ? Are there coffee shops or venure where you can vape indoors ? I would appreciate any information. If vaping indoors is not possible I may cancel the trip out of principles: I refuse to visit a community where visitors are not allowed to vape without being forced to endure inclement weather.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
You'll need to contact each lodging facility directly to determine what their policies are. As there is no official provincial or federal policy regarding the actual act of vaping, it's left to each establishment to make their own rules. Most will ask you not to vape indoors, although there are exceptions that can be found throughout the country.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I live in PEI(about a 4 hour drive from Halifax). The last time I was there I had no problem finding a place that allowed vaping in the rooms, but lately a lot more places around the East Coast in general have been treating vaping more like smoking. While you might be able to find a hotel room or B&B who allow it I can tell you that about 99% of restaurants and bars will not allow vaping at all. Even the majority of vape shops(in PEI, I can only imagine its similar in Halifax, NS) are starting to not allow vaping indoors.

Ive lived on the East Coast for most of my life and I can tell you that its not very cold outside in March. You might feel differently being from an overall warmer place but usually its about 10-15 degrees celcius(50-60 degrees farenheit) during the month of March.

El Gato Vapeador

Jul 30, 2016
Mexico City
Thanks for your replies. Yes, temperatures in the range 10-15 Celsius are not too cold, but still uncomfortable for long outdoor periods, specially if it is humid or windy (I vape when I work).

I have made quick vaping puffs in hotels that do not allow vaping indoors. Since the vapor disperses rapidly and leaves practically no trace odor, they cannot detect my vaping unless the rooms have very sensitive smoke detectors. Even in this case there is no detection unless you vape a huge cloud close to the detector, but I do not risk trying more than a quick puff away from the detector. In many hotels there are areas in the rooms (the bathroom) without detectors, so I can do a quick vape safely. I've tried this many times without problems, except in the UK where there is a marked obsession with smoke detectors, not because of smoking but of fires. Hotels and guest houses there tend to have sensitive detectors even inside bathrooms.

Do you know if hotels and B&B's in Halifax or in PEI have this UK smoke detector obsession?

Reactions: Tomasius74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread