Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Hi,

Thanks for spending your time in repeating the experiment. I am planning to do another test to compare the output with input by using two tubes. First tube thru tissue paper to inhale from vaper and second such tube to exhale. In case, the density of wet spot in tissue paper from second tube is low......means its leaving oil in my lungs.
Would you like to repeat this at your end? Would love to compare our findings.

I am very sure that It is oil. It might be from the flavor or from the e-juice i am vaping on.
Try to rub wet spot onto a shiny glass surface and see its reflection.....it is something oily and slimy.
I agree with others who replied....that in totality, it might still be less harmful than what damage traditional cigarettes do. I don't want to go down the bunny hole here but just curious to know whats going inside me.

Regards....Sid
In your original post, you are asking for other's views on this, but by your above post, it looks like you have already made up your mind that vaping is leaving oil in your lungs.....regardless of the responses/information you have received so far. Sorry, but IMHO, there is something not quite right with this thread.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
So the tissue test is done on the exhale?
So in order to have a true test, I suppose one would have to cleanse your respiratory and esophagus to make sure that any oil that might be chemically tested and found were not from some food you ate, or perfume or other fragrance from somewhere were not being exhaled.

We could get into so many "what ifs" here and get into nick pickery. So many of these so called studies being put out there as "science" are just other peoples attempts to "what if" . Without controlled actual testing one can not condemn something.

Im sure someday, someone might die because of vaping. I could fall or trip while vaping and jam the device in my eye, or choke on it if it happened to be in my mouth.

I could be a slob and never clean my atty, drip tip or tank and get some sort of bacterial infection and die.

I could get ...... off at "someone" unreasonable and stubborn and beat them with my mod....

Or maybe we are all replying with lies and misinformation to seduce you into doing something something "bad" cause we are evil or own stock in vaping.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
Welcome to ECF. The reason I first visited here was to try to determine if vaping was really safe. I couldn't believe something that finally was helping me quit cigarettes could be safe. There is a world of information here and hopefully you can find the answers you need.

There should be no oil in your e-liquid. If there is you should change brands.

I worked for a while part-time in our local Vaping store and one of the kids who worked there was always complaining about his hands always being oily after filling bottles for customers. Used to drive me crazy. I don't think I ever convinced him it wasn't oil.

th_dilbert.gif

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
Hi All,

I am new to vaping.....taking my time to clear my doubts.
SO PLZ DONT SHOOT ME DOWN. :)

I have recently stopped smoking which I was doing from last 30 years and was finding myself lucky. All my earlier attempts failed....could manage to stick to my resolution just because of vaping.

I read few threads about vapes leaving oil in the lungs which turned out to be lethal.

This news shocked me and I did a small experiment. I vaped 2 - 3 times thru tissue paper which created a wet spot on the paper.....thought it must be from the moisture so I circled the spot and left it to dry. Next day, spot was there. I thought that moisture permanently changed the texture of paper....so this time toughed the paper with my wet finger, circled the spot and left it to dry. Next day spot was gone and paper was back to its usual appearance.

My tiny brain tells me there is some oil content in the vape clouds.

Your Views Plz???

Regards....Sid

If you are really that worried you could just keep on smoking instead. We all know how safe that is.

Naazim

Sep 26, 2016
Zimbabwe
There is no oil in e-liquid!

Are vapes completely safe? nope... but science tells us that they are at least 95% safer than smoking, using temperature control that can be brought closer to 99% safer....[/QUOTE
Hi. Please can you explain how temperature control can make vaping even safe? Thanks

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Hi. Please can you explain how temperature control can make vaping even safe? Thanks

It can prevent a coil from overheating. Set it to a temperature lower than the combustion point of lets say a cotton wick and you will never get a dry hit.

panxzz

Jan 26, 2017
If you vape in your car much take a look at the windshield on the inside. In my car there is a build up of something that is hard to clean off completely. It will stay on until you remove it with glass cleaner, sure feels like a type of oil/grease

I've noticed this in my car too, it will come off with a 1 to 1 mix of vinegar and water but will quickly come back. IIRC this is the PG from the vape, some chemical property makes it stick like that... maybe someone else here can chime in with details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread