Vaping Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zx_1989

Oct 29, 2013
GA
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to but haven't had much luck so far in terms of finding something I like. It seems as though any clearo or tank I use lacks vapor, flavor, TH, or a combination of those three. I've been trying the following since May:

x2 clearomizer
smok trophy tank
T3s (1.8 ohm)
Ce3
DCTs
Vivi nova
Cartos

I've been using all on either an ego 650 or 950. Any advice for this newbie in terms of recommendation? I've been relatively unimpressed so far. I'm looking for something that doesn't require much finagling; while some enjoy that, I think that's one area where analogs have the upper hand.

Your help is appreciated!

Ps, I've been using liquids from smokeless image and pink spot (60% vg)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So far you have been limiting yourself to a fixed, single voltage battery with the ego battery. Advancing to variable voltage, whether with a Spinner or Twist ego battery, or a variable voltage mod may well be what you need.

Variable voltage will allow you to adjust the voltage delivered to the juice attachment. This allows you to adjust the vapor to be warmer or cooler, and to adjust the voltage to each specific flavor you are using for better flavor. Not many flavors taste their best at a set 3.7 volts of power like you are currently doing.

A dripping atomizer or bottom feeding mod often are described as providing the best flavor possible.

Advancing up the vaping ladder with ego's & mods

Proper Terminology: A Primer on Juice Attachments

To experience the most vapor and a more powerful vaping experience, you would have to use the more advanced RBA/RDA juice attachments (rebuildable atomizers). RBA's require the use of a regulated (variable voltage) or mechanical (non-electric) mod which use replaceable, rechargeable batteries. They can be quite fiddly and time-consuming. You make your own coils and wicks. They do have quite a learning curve and require some self-learning before jumping in.

Information resources for your first RBA

Last edited:

slykyfox

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Kentucky
My first step up from the ego starter battery, was a vision spinner. This made a noticeable difference, in ejuice flavor. Last week I purchased the itaste svd VV/VW, this made a huge difference. So Baditude has a good point, maybe start off with a VV spinner or twist battery, they can be purchased relatively cheap.

Another thing too add, is some juices get better after you let them steep for about a week or so. I had a couple of flavors that had excellent reviews, but didn't taste good at all to me. I put them in the closet for about 1 week, and then tried them on my VV/VW apv, and it made a huge difference in the taste.

Last edited:

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
All very good suggestions, but a quicker and/or easier fix would be to first try out low res coils in the existing tanks you already have. A 1.5 or 1.8 coil head on a fixed 3.7 volt battery will be much more satisfying than the usual 2.5 ohm coils than come standard on most devices.
I agree with said above 100% though if you plan on keeping at this vaping thing for any length of time. Even a low end vv/vw mod will drastically outperform the standard ego-type batts. I'm using a vamo v3, low end by most standards, and am loving the performance. I absolutely plan on upgrading in the near future, but a 2 ohm micro coil with cotton yarn wick atop my vamo at 10 watts has been treating me quite well.
Good luck on you vaping adventure.

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
I have been using eGo-C Twists with Kanger EVOD's & an original Protank for tank cracker juices with 1.8 ohm coils since day 1 (Thank you Bill's Magic Vapor!) and only have issues when it's time to clean which can be weeks on a new coil. I prefer 80/20 or 70/30 liquids and only the clear fruit & menthol types--no tobacco extracts or dark, sweet chocolate/coffee types. I can go weeks without even rinsing off a new coil. It took almost 90 days before one of my original EVOD coils quit producing vapor completely.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If you're using the eGo-T realize the voltage is 3.3 volts. Most eGo style PVs fires at 3.7 volts so I agree if they are eGo-T then the lack of voltage may be your issue.
If it's an eGo-C I've heard they upgraded it to 3.7 volts but there are still some 3.3's floating around.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
All good advice. I like the idea of switching to a variable watt model PV such as the iTaste V3, Vamo, Zmax, etc.

But as far as the TH (throat hit) is concerned, you didn't mention what nicotine strength eliquid you are using. TH is provided mostly by nicotine. Most new vapers need their eliquid to be in the 16mg - 24mg range to get the TH that is closer to what they experienced with analogs. You may need to up the nic strength of your eliquid.

Plus, more VG tends to mute both TH and flavor where as more PG allows more flavor and TH to come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread