Vaping.... Its harder than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShepherdMom69

Jul 4, 2014
Eldred, PA USA
Thank you all for replying! Im reading all your advice and looking at all the links you provided.
The battery box I have is a KBOX with batteries that swap out. It has little lights that go up the front for battery power and watts. But if the threads are stripped I think its done for. Right?
Heres what Im working with... (See pic)
The coil box says 2.1
I like the rig Sir2FyablyNutz posted. and I really did like my nautilus tank when it worked although I think There may be an o-ring issue in the top part of the tank. I noticed when I took it apart to clean it. the o-ring doesnt quite sit right. Ive only taken the top off that 1 time. But I dont know that its not sealing for sure and I didnt know if I could buy the o-rings or where. I am a little mechanically inclined. I have a farm and use tools so I find it hard to believe that I messed the treads up so bad. I dont know how that happened. Maybe over tightening. That would be my best guess.

The Kbox when purchased local was about $70 and the tanks I got were around $40 each. Then add on batteries and a charger etc...
Yes I have to find a way to make this affordable or my husband is gonna blow his gasket. LOL
So now Im shopping to see what I can get to make this work and possibly work with some of the parts I have already.
I will check back with you all BEFORE I pay for anything and see what your thoughts are so Please stay tuned to this thread for a day or 2 until I can get the right equipment coming. Thanks so much everyone!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3425 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_3425 (640x427).jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 44

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thank you all for replying! Im reading all your advice and looking at all the links you provided.
The battery box I have is a KBOX with batteries that swap out. It has little lights that go up the front for battery power and watts. But if the threads are stripped I think its done for. Right?
The coil box says 2.1
I like the rig Sir2FyablyNutz posted. and I really did like my nautilus tank when it worked although I think There may be an o-ring issue in the top part of the tank. I noticed when I took it apart to clean it. the o-ring doesnt quite sit right. Ive only taken the top off that 1 time. But I dont know that its not sealing for sure and I didnt know if I could buy the o-rings or where. I am a little mechanically inclined. I have a farm and use tools so I find it hard to believe that I messed the treads up so bad. I dont know how that happened. Maybe over tightening. That would be my best guess.

The Kbox when purchased local was about $70 and the tanks I got were around $40 each. Then add on batteries and a charger etc...
Yes I have to find a way to make this affordable or my husband is gonna blow his gasket. LOL
So now Im shopping to see what I can get to make this work and possibly work with some of the parts I have already.
I will check back with you all BEFORE I pay for anything and see what your thoughts are so Please stay tuned to this thread for a day or 2 until I can get the right equipment coming. Thanks so much everyone!!!

if the threads really are stripped then yes its done for.

If the threads are stripped then you cant attach the tank to the mod.

Reactions: ShepherdMom69

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
The iStick 30 watt has stainless steel threads so you shouldn't be able to strip the threads easily. It also has a spring loaded center pin in the connector so there's no need to tighten it down hard. It also has a screen and can be adjusted by .1 watt increments allowing much more flexibility than the Kbox. It's also very small and light.

It is possible that your Nautilus is leaking from the o-rings. Looking at the picture you posted, it appears that you got the right coils for it. I didn't know there were 2.1 ohm coils available. I've only seen 1.6 and 1.8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheechako

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
The coil box says 2.1

Yep, correct diagnoses! If the o rings in the top of the tank aren't sealing, it will dump the juice.
Nothing to do with the coils you have. I am also a big fan of the istick 30 watt, great little mod!
I might also suggest checking out the GS Air tanks, they are very affordable both for the tank and the coils.
http://sweet-vapes.com/tanks/eleaf/eleaf-tanks/eleaf-gs-air-m.html

Reactions: gandymarsh

ShepherdMom69

Jul 4, 2014
Eldred, PA USA
Ok so Im shopping and Im looking at all the sites.. Its hard to find the stuff in stock that Im looking for on one site.. Im seriously checking out the Eleaf istick 30w kit, comes with charger. Most places are out of stock (must be a good one) Sweetvapes has a black one (was leaning toward blue but at this point I cant be real fussy). Now I gotta find a tank. which brings me to my next question....
If it is the o-rings on my Nautilus... Where do you get those. I dont see them on the sites OR Im not looking in the right place. I would like to try fixing it 1st if I can.

Hold on.. I might have found a deal... Myfreedom smokes has a bundle. an Eleaf istick 30w that comes with a Nautilus mini tank for $53.02. I cant tell if it has the wall charger though. So does that sound like a good deal? Its better than Im getting locally for sure but I wanna do it right this time.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ok so Im shopping and Im looking at all the sites.. Its hard to find the stuff in stock that Im looking for on one site.. Im seriously checking out the Eleaf istick 30w kit, comes with charger. Most places are out of stock (must be a good one) Sweetvapes has a black one (was leaning toward blue but at this point I cant be real fussy). Now I gotta find a tank. which brings me to my next question....
If it is the o-rings on my Nautilus... Where do you get those. I dont see them on the sites OR Im not looking in the right place. I would like to try fixing it 1st if I can.

Hold on.. I might have found a deal... Myfreedom smokes has a bundle. an Eleaf istick 30w that comes with a Nautilus mini tank for $53.02. I cant tell if it has the wall charger though. So does that sound like a good deal? Its better than Im getting locally for sure but I wanna do it right this time.
I dunno about the charger, but $53 is a primo deal for both even without. They're not expensive. I bought a two outlet wall wart on eBay for 5 bucks, free ship. MFS is good people. I buy my nic there, and have bought equipment before.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida

If you are getting another nauti, will come with replacement o-rings. If not you can find rings at fasttech, have a caliper? Measure & search a bigbox..

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
In the beginning it was a shelter for us, smokers. That we can get rid of tobacco and enjoy nic intake without the harms of smoking. Everyone was become teachers to advertise vaping and here we were waiting folks to help to save them too. It was easy than too. because no choice of resistance or volts or many problems now we have. You get a decent device find your liquid have spares. you only had to learn how to dry burn and how to change coil which is prepared by you. It was all there was to it.
Now it became trade. Every day a novelty and when you buy a new device, a newer one appears before you go home. Sometimes I read forums and gasp what new vapers recommend. For long now I am only reading with anxiety but not commenting as before.
Since you are an old user I will try to save you expenses.
Leave aside the watt and sub ohm thing. If you ask me it is very dangerous. If you use 4 volt battery with a 0.5 ohm coil you need 8 ampers and if your battery can only provide 5 Amp. than you are in danger. They use 0.1 ohm with the need 40 amp. god forbid.
Instead I prefer 1 ohm. For 1 is an interesting number whatever you multiply or divide it is that number again. So if one can get a 0.32 kenthal wire wraps 4 folds around a 2mm object, gets around 1 ohm. If you use 2mm to wrap than you cut 3mm cotton and pass the cotton through this 2mm gap. prime it and there you are.
Now the device I tried most but saw that the Taifun GT II and/or subtank mini are the best as much as easy to rebuild tanks. Over any mod which can supply 7 watts (for me because the vapor is quite satisfying and no need to force the terms)
For 3 years I am happy with results and not looking for new developments because I was taught "if something works dont tamper with it."

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hello,
Im having some issues on getting the right equipment and its getting frustrating. July 3rd 2014 I put down the cigarettes and picked up a vape and havent looked back (much) I havent touched a regular cig since but somedays it seems like it would be so much easier.
I started with a cheap kiosk vape pen. Plastic tanks. That route and upgraded batteries to an eGo twist. That worked for the 1st year. I got along pretty good with them but the tanks were $6 each and very unreliable. Some would last 2 days some would last 2 weeks.. But it worked to get me off the cigs.
Then my husband (Who pays for all the gear I buy) decided that I needed to get a better system so Im not needing a new tank all the time. We went shopping at the 1 vape store within a reasonable driving distance (I live in a very rural area, No city shopping for me)
I left with a Kanger box and an Aspire Nautilus tank, and extra batteries. To the tune of somewhere around $150 or a little more.
2 weeks later I needed more coils I got back to the store, They dont carry the coils. What? But a very helpful and somewhat clueless employee helped find me another tank that they do carry the coils for. It was a kanger tech protank 2. took it home.... Sigh and things went down hill fast.
It leaked and gurgled and cause all kinds of problems. I have to keep cleaning it up and suffering through mouthfuls of ejuice (Very un-tasty) coil after coil..but I was making it work, somehow. Then one day it quit screwing into my battery. Like the threads wore off. (Probably cause of all the leaking and constant removal to clean it up. )
So back to the store I go. To talk to the guy who stocks the vape supplies (We will call him Mr. Attitude). I explained the problems, presented him with both tanks and asked.. What do I do now? He sent me out the door with coils for my Aspire Nautilis But instead of the 1.6 ohms I had to get 2.8 oms. I asked what the difference was and if it needed more volts, etc if was a hotter hit... I was told no difference just a bigger cloud of vapor.
Took it home, replaced the coil and sat down to enjoy a good vape session. Yeah Not so fast it leaked and leaked all over. I did research, trouble shooting. Tried a bunch of tips from cleaning the whole tank and reassemble to replacing another coil in it. No avail. The ejuice runs out of the holes and down my arm... Sigh now Im getting frustrated. then it stops screwing into my battery box. My husband looks at it and says the threads are stripped on the box. Great, just great.
Meanwhile... My pile of vaping junk is getting bigger and Im back to a plastic tank on an ego battery that I had left over from the beginning. Now I have to yet again ask my husband to go through the shopping for a vape one more time and lay out another $150-$200 for a vape rig this weekend. This is not gonna be pretty.
My question.... What is going on? Is it normally this hard to find a decent rig? I dont need anything fancy. Im a housewife who just wants to vape so I dont start cigs again and so my husband chain smoking in the livingroom isnt giving me fits while I try desperately to avoid a relapse of the nastiess.
Theres so much info on this site but Im gonna be honest as a newbie, trying to read about all this stuff and understand the technical side of it all.... Its making it worse. Im not an engineering master. I dont wanna build stuff and experiment. I just want a tank that has good flavor and batteries that last for a day. Is this too much to ask?
*Sigh* signed "A very frustrated Vaper"

So sorry you're having a bad time. I think you should try an online vendor that offers the option of chatting online with a customer service representative while you are shopping. You shouldn't have to spend so much money to have a good vaping experience. I love my Nautilus Mini's and my eLeaf isticks. The Nautilus Mini's are around $20 and the eLeaf iStick 30s are under $30, so that's about $50 total plus tax. The vendor that I use often is ecigdotcom. They have fabulous customer service, great prices and fast shipping. Another thing I would recommend is to buy two of these rigs so one can be charging while you're vaping the other one. If you do go this route, be sure to buy a few extra packages of coils too while you're at it. As soon as you start shopping, you'll see a little chat box pop up that will ask you if you have questions or need help. They will take great care of you.

Good luck!

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
So sorry you're having a bad time. I think you should try an online vendor that offers the option of chatting online with a customer service representative while you are shopping. You shouldn't have to spend so much money to have a good vaping experience. I love my Nautilus Mini's and my eLeaf isticks. The Nautilus Mini's are around $20 and the eLeaf iStick 30s are under $30, so that's about $50 total plus tax. The vendor that I use often is ecigdotcom. They have fabulous customer service, great prices and fast shipping. Another thing I would recommend is to buy two of these rigs so one can be charging while you're vaping the other one. If you do go this route, be sure to buy a few extra packages of coils too while you're at it. As soon as you start shopping, you'll see a little chat box pop up that will ask you if you have questions or need help. They will take great care of you.

Good luck!

Great advice. I have an istick 50 w (don't need the 50 watts but it was on sale) and found it to be an easy learn - one of the few pieces I didn't have similar hassles with using right out of the box.

I had a hard time with equipment too when starting - actually, still have issues from time to time, but this folks on this place almost always help me solve the issue quickly and easily.

ShepherdMom69

Jul 4, 2014
Eldred, PA USA
I did it, I ordered from MFS. Spent about $90. Got the Eleaf istick that comes with the Nautilus tank which they said is the regular tank not the mini. 2 pkgs of coils and 2 juice.
I thought about the extra istick and probably will after I check out this one and make sure Im happy. That way 1 is charging all the time.
Thank you so much everyone for the links and the advice!!! I will be sure to let you know when it comes and how Im doing with it.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I did it, I ordered from MFS. Spent about $90. Got the Eleaf istick that comes with the Nautilus tank which they said is the regular tank not the mini. 2 pkgs of coils and 2 juice.
I thought about the extra istick and probably will after I check out this one and make sure Im happy. That way 1 is charging all the time.
Thank you so much everyone for the links and the advice!!! I will be sure to let you know when it comes and how Im doing with it.
Excellent. Good luck with it, and come back and talk to us if it's giving you any trouble.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Great advice. I have an istick 50 w (don't need the 50 watts but it was on sale) and found it to be an easy learn - one of the few pieces I didn't have similar hassles with using right out of the box.

I had a hard time with equipment too when starting - actually, still have issues from time to time, but this folks on this place almost always help me solve the issue quickly and easily.

Glad they've been helpful to you too. I have been on that site very late at night, trying to figure out what to buy, and that chat box pops up and someone is there to help me. It's amazing! I don't know how late they offer customer service, but, as a night owl, it sure does come in handy. I have never found them to try and gouge me on prices or get me to spend more than I needed to spend.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

I haven't actually ordered from MFS, but I've asked them questions and they always respond very promptly. I'm sure I'll wind up ordering from them at some point in the near future.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Well, it sounds like your main issue is that you have extremely poor local retail support. Ditch your local vendor immediately! As far as I know the only two OEM kanthal heads available for the Nautilus are 1.6 and 1.8ohm versions. That probably explains why you are having a leak issue with yours. If you really need to replace your mod "box", I recommend:

Eleaf iStick 30 Watt Base Kit - Basic, Mini, 30W, 50W - Eleaf iStick - Electronic Mods

For your Nautilus:

Aspire Nautilus BVC Coils Organic Cotton - Aspire Coils - Aspire - Tanks & Coils

Until a better retail operation opens in your area you are better off coming here for advice.

That's a very nice kit, and is reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread