Vaping just flavors and extracts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetWater

Sep 21, 2010
Bennett, CO
Hello. I'm new here and totally new to vaping.

I bought the xhale02 from 7-11. I OD on nicotine after the first few hits from it. So it's sitting here and I can't use it.

I hacked into the cartridges and cleaned them out. I know I can order a plethora of E liquid online, but I'm broke for the next two weeks, so I can't order anything online. I also live in a very small town and I cant find PG or VG anywhere within 15 miles of me.

The only thing I have access to, is flavorings and extracts from our grocery store and some liquid Glycerin laxatives that also contain edetate disodium. I know that edetate disodium is found in some nasal sprays, but I'm not sure it's safe for vaping.

I also have some DPG that I use for making incense sticks, but I'm not sure that is safe either.

In my cupboard I have Rum and coconut flavorings. They both contain water, alcohol, PG, and artificial flavors.

So I was wondering, could I vape flavorings or extracts, with out adding extra PG or VG?

If so, do I add water to it?

I tryed the search function, but everything that came up had to do with adding flavorings and extracts to PG or VG, I couldn't find anything on vaping just flavorings or extracts, so sorry if there is already a post about this.

Thanks, take care

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Nooooo. Don't vape stuff you don't know about. I doubt you could get a vapor from just flavoring anyway, but even if you could, it would taste horrible (strong) and just don't do it. Is there not a drugs store (CVS or Walgreens) in your area? All you need is VG. Is there a feedstore (Atwoods or something) anywhere near? They sell PG. Call around. There's a Colorado vapers forum I'm pretty sure. Maybe there's actually someone in your area....maybe not your town, but somewhere nearby, who vapes. I could get some juice to you in a day or two...I'm in Oklahoma. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/covape-colorado-vaping-enthusiasts.html That's the link to the Colorado vapers forum. I don't know where you are in Colorado, but maybe someone on there can help. Good luck.

Last edited:

SweetWater

Sep 21, 2010
Bennett, CO
Thanks JCnewbie. I'll just wait untill I find something. I was looking on the forum and saw that some people can find PG at a feed store. I have a few feed stores around here, I live in Bennett.

Thanks for offering up some of your juice, but I'll see if I can find it locally first, but that was very nice of you ^.^

I'll call some of the feed stores and post what I find out, incase others might need to know. I'll also check out the link you gave. Thanks again, take care.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I intend to do that LowThudd, as soon as I find some PG or VG. I love cooking and mixing crazy flavors and spices together, so I'm really looking forward to DIY juice, and what I can do.

This is all so exciting, but I must remember to be patient, lol

Whole Foods has VG for $10 for 16oz, Walmart has VG for $3 for 6oz. I prefere the whole foods Now brand.

SweetWater

Sep 21, 2010
Bennett, CO
Good to know, LowThudd, I'll check them out the next time I'm in Denver.

I called the closest feed store to me and they have PG there. I think it's expensive, $14.99 for 8 oz and $36.99 for 32 oz, but they are somewhat close to me. After you factor in gas to drive to Denver or shipping if buying it online, I guess it's not too bad, but it's still expensive.
It's a start at least.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all your help. Take care.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
At $15.00, that PG will go a long ways. And you'll always have it as back up if this ever happens again....and you will pay that much for 1 oz of flavored juice.....so you're ahead of the game. If you have a Walmart or even maybe a grocery store in the cooking section....might have VG.....in the cake baking area. Wiltons. It's not great, but it works. Then just flavor it a little....better than nothing. Good luck.

SweetWater

Sep 21, 2010
Bennett, CO
Thanks JC.

The closet walmart is 30 miles from me. I looked the last time I was there and I didnt see it. I was going to ask the pharmasist, but they were really busy with people filling and picking up their Rx.

I'll look again the next time I go though.

I have to go the feed store anyway, becuase I'm out of chicken feed, so it works for me, lol And when I think about what a pack of analogs cost me and how much I smoke, I'm more than happy to pay for the PG from the feed store. I really liked the little bit of vaping I did and I know I can finally quit smoking if I can vape, so I think it's well worth it.

Thanks again. Take care.

SweetWater

Sep 21, 2010
Bennett, CO
You don't state what mg was in your carts but I got some juice from nhaler that was 12 mg and OD after 3 hits, I had 60 ml drewbacco1 so something was very wrong. I diluted it by 50% and still had problems so tossed it out.

The box for the xhale 02 says it's 18mg nicotine. I puffed on it a few times over a 2 hour period. During those 2 hours I hadn't smoked an analog and I was thinking, wow this really works. Then I OD, I felt horrible, I couldn't stop shaking, I was vomiting, and my whole torso hurt. And all I could taste was the taste of the carts. It lasted about 1 1/2 hours and then I started feeling better.

So I learned that I really liked vaping, just not whatever they put in those carts, so I cleaned them out. I thought about making a trip back to 7-11 to get the refill carts in a lower level of nic, but after the way I felt, I didn't want to.

I saw on this forum that you can make your own juice, and I want to do that with out any nicotine. For me it's not so much the nicotine, it's the act of smoking, I can't seem to stop, so vaping seems like a healthier and more cost effective alternative, for me.
But what ever is in those xhale 02 carts is really bad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread