Vaping makes my heart rate shoot up to 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex8039

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Australia
Hey guys, I have been worrying about this issue for a few months now. I'm a healthy 25yo male who has a resting pulse of 100. I check my pulse in the morning and it's about 60-70, then I vape and it goes up to 100.

I didn't know for certain if there was a link, but yesterday I did a day of no vaping and my pulse was 70 all day. I vaped today at 2pm (6mg 25w), and boom, 100.

I know the solution is to just quit nicotine, but it's not that simple. For years I used cigarettes as a way to self-medicate depression and anxiety. E-cigarettes saved me from a 30-40 a day addiction. I now have it under control for the most part with some medication, and of course vaping. So it came as no shock that when I stayed away yesterday I felt awful, just low mood, low energy, dark thoughts and just an overall feeling of being 'off', I'm afraid I can never really be nicotine free. Can anyone advise me on what I can do? So far I tried to cut down to 3mg but as you know, once you have a baseline you just vape more to overcompensate.

Reactions: David Wolf

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Hi alex8039,

i think it might be psychosomatic. Maybe you are stressing out about the nicotine, your heart reate goes up, then you measure.

But... Nicotine can increase your heart rate. 10-20 bpm is not unheard of. Have you tried smoking a cig and then measuring your pulse?
Maybe you are overly sensitive to nic. The anti-depressive medicine is also really invasive stuff with a host
of side effects and interactions with other substances. It can not be ruled out that there is some interaction with
the nic.

Also Cardio exercise like running is probably the single best thing you can do with depression and anxiety issues.
I know that from my own experience. That would also lower your resting pulse.

Bottom line... i wouldn't stress about it. Some increase in heart rate with nicotine
intake is normal.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys, I have been worrying about this issue for a few months now. I'm a healthy 25yo male who has a resting pulse of 100. I check my pulse in the morning and it's about 60-70, then I vape and it goes up to 100.

I didn't know for certain if there was a link, but yesterday I did a day of no vaping and my pulse was 70 all day. I vaped today at 2pm (6mg 25w), and boom, 100.

I know the solution is to just quit nicotine, but it's not that simple. For years I used cigarettes as a way to self-medicate depression and anxiety. E-cigarettes saved me from a 30-40 a day addiction. I now have it under control for the most part with some medication, and of course vaping. So it came as no shock that when I stayed away yesterday I felt awful, just low mood, low energy, dark thoughts and just an overall feeling of being 'off', I'm afraid I can never really be nicotine free. Can anyone advise me on what I can do? So far I tried to cut down to 3mg but as you know, once you have a baseline you just vape more to overcompensate.
If you have 0 Nic try that and check your pulse to confirm it's the nicotine and not pg or vg or flavorings.

Reactions: Mice Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread