Vaping- means to and end or new lifetime habit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
To directly answer your question: Both.

Each person is different. I like making steps with a good level of certainty. When I first switched a little over a year ago, it was because I took a long drag and said, "Hmmm...now this can work." Since then I have gone through a lot of hardware/liquid and am down to mostly 12mg from 36mg when I started.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
Interesting topic. I actually decided to pick up vaping before I decided to quit cigarettes. The convenience, no smoke, etc. drew me in. Once I committed to vaping, the rest ended up following.

I don't have any plans to stop vaping; I'll leave that to the future. For now I'm just getting started.

But I do think that thinking of it as a true lifestyle change has made the cravings for analogs and detox symptoms a bit easier to handle.

Myriad Dark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Las Vegas
I originally intended to use vapeing as a means to cut the analogs out of my life and then dropping the PV too, but I am just enjoying it so much. At some point I may stop and feel it will be much easier cutting one chemical out of my life than it ever would have been cutting everything out all at once. I've dropped from 24mg to 12mg and don't even think about analogs any more. There no longer seems to be the sense of urgency that came along with smoking and I'm spending far less on vapeing than I ever did smoking analogs so I am quite content with this new hobby. Happy vapeing!

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I've already found that the external pressure to quit vaping isn't nearly as profound.

Smoking tobacco without a great deal of care/washing/hiding/etc. cost me clients, professional and social opportunities, and in some cases important personal relationships. It also cost big wads of cash ( 4k in one pop when a cherry hit someone's pool cover ... the owner smoked too so he was cool about it, but still, it was smoking related damage that "I" was responsible for. If I had even %50 of the money I've lost for smoking damage to things like cars and home furnishings...I could retire a year sooner!)

Since vaping...no one notices (it looks more like a cell phone or PCD), no one cares unless I make it a point to be noticed, or get pushy about singing the praises of my new smoking replacement. Even with my big honking Darwin, the ill effects are strictly visual, and I can easily avoid that when I choose without too much thought or planning (like packing entire changes of clothes in a zip-lock bag for that big business trip).

Will I ever quit? Maybe...if it gets taxed to high heaven and gathers the kind of prejudice and social .......ization as smoking has, I probably will. Otherwise, why? It doesn't seem to be any more of a health risk than chewing gum, having a few coffees, or eating too much ranch dressing at lunch time. It brings me pleasure and lowers stress, and the price point sure beats the hell out of stress therapy and prescription drugs!

Last edited:

EJH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
New York, USA
The second most beautiful thing about vaping, after cutting out the 4000 poisons in cigarettes, is the freedom of choice it gives a nicotine user. You can choose to vape 36 mg or 6mg and work your way to zero *if you want.* Smoking doesn't give you that choice...you're smoking with little chance to quit, according to statistics.

In my experience, patches do not work. Gum does not work. Chantix works, but drove me batty. I truly believe I could stop vaping at some point, but I choose not to because I am enjoying the experience (even at 6mg).

Would I be better off not inhaling nicotine at all? Probably, but at this point I now consider my nicotine use on par with caffeine and chocolate on my list of personal vices. Cigarettes never allowed that...they were *killing* me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread