Status
Not open for further replies.

slickerxcuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Southern California
hate the be the bearer of bad news but Monkey Cream | Vaper Venue

"Note: This product contains a trace amount of diacetyl which is a flavor molecule that is found in buttery flavors. By clicking "Add to Cart" you have read and understand this side note."

I still have a half a 30ml bottle of this stuff, about to go in the garbage soon =/

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
hate the be the bearer of bad news but Monkey Cream | Vaper Venue

"Note: This product contains a trace amount of diacetyl which is a flavor molecule that is found in buttery flavors. By clicking "Add to Cart" you have read and understand this side note."

I still have a half a 30ml bottle of this stuff, about to go in the garbage soon =/

Hmmm, there was a rather lengthy post from CJ himself in this thread, but it seems to have completely disappeared?!

The one small flavoring that contains a trace amount of diacetyl is on track to be replaced by one without it sometime around December.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

slickerxcuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Southern California
The one small flavoring that contains a trace amount of diacetyl is on track to be replaced by one without it sometime around December.

Yeah my friend was at Vape Rev, the other day and told me they are going to replace diacetyl, don't get me wrong it's one of the best flavors I have vaped, just disappointed that the people at Vape Rev don't tell you about it either.

Greatov

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
The only place that I know you can purchase it at right now is at Vape Revolution in Cerritos, CA. I paid $12 plus tax for a 15ml bottle. Worth every penny though. My all day vape was Bobas but I think that may change. This stuff seems really carto friendly and tastes great. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Ah sucks, I'm in NY, is there any website to purchase this juice? Sounds goods

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Copied from a public post by CJ tonight:

I want to thank Anthony Brancato of Juicy Vapor. He has offered to assist me in reformulating Monkey Cream to make it Diacetyl-free. I also want to thank FlavourArt for sending me samples as well. Anthony will be sending me new samples to re-create the juice. Much respect to him and FlavourArt. The new flavor will be redone and will be ready in January/February of 2013.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I know some people will want to preach at me but....I'm not personally worried about trace amounts of diacetyl. I've read what I consider good information at FlavorArts website. If I were inhaling large amounts like the people at the popcorn factory in the 1990s I might have a problem. I think we all know there have been no short-term effects from vaping. As long as the process works and the diacetyl is removed when found I think we're heading in the right direction. Funny though - whenever this comes up its always a really good flavor. That's all I had to say and I wont be arguing with anyone about it - sorry.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
I know some people will want to preach at me but....I'm not personally worried about trace amounts of diacetyl. I've read what I consider good information at FlavorArts website. If I were inhaling large amounts like the people at the popcorn factory in the 1990s I might have a problem. I think we all know there have been no short-term effects from vaping. As long as the process works and the diacetyl is removed when found I think we're heading in the right direction. Funny though - whenever this comes up its always a really good flavor. That's all I had to say and I wont be arguing with anyone about it - sorry.

That's exactly what I've been saying and I agree with you 100%.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Did the formula to the monkey cream change in the last month? It doesn't seem to be as delicious as the bottle I purchased last month! Anyone happen to know?

It hasn't changed yet, although maybe CJ started using less of the flavor with diacetyl in the meantime, but that's just a guess. Monkey Cream takes about 2 to 3 weeks of steeping for it to turn a golden color and have that really good flavor come out, so maybe your bottle last month was already a week or so old when you got it?

enoryt

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Orange County
It hasn't changed yet, although maybe CJ started using less of the flavor with diacetyl in the meantime, but that's just a guess. Monkey Cream takes about 2 to 3 weeks of steeping for it to turn a golden color and have that really good flavor come out, so maybe your bottle last month was already a week or so old when you got it?

Yeah it has been steeped, the bottle was made early December. I think he did use less flavoring, it doesn't taste right. Anyone else have similar issues? Its been one of my favorites so I'm a bit disappointed with the December batch.

Cicada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Riverside, SoCal
just did a quick review of their orangutang. i first tried it about a month or two ago and it's amazing. I picked up a 15ml bottle last week and it lasted me all of 2 days! i immediately scooped a 30ml of it -- i picked up 4 different flavors of theirs and hope to be doing reviews for all of 'em soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread