Vaping...More harm then good? For me yes...Im done!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
People rarely ever state how much they vape, or what juice they use, or what nic level they've chosen, etc... in these threads. Then we get people saying "vaping made this happen or that happen." and others saying "vaping doesn't cause this or that." Like it's some kind of scientific comparison. Unfortunately, there is never any way to compare one person to another because we're so complex to begin with and we all live in different environments and all react so differently to things.

I don't mind that people present what they think vaping did to them but I don't like the arguments that ensue. Did the OP ever say how much he vaped? I'm curious about the data point as a data point and nothing else.

I think garlic is poison. It makes me feel awful. My wife says it's medicinal. She loves it.

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Agreed about the medical symptoms, as I said above they should be checked (Was a in the medical field a long time ago), but theres about a snowballs chance that his Dr. would be familiar with e-cigs and be able to link his problems to them. Unfortunately, many Dr.'s are still taking the FDA's word on the subject, it must be bad because the FDA says so (thankfully, mine is not one of them).

Un-Loco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Ft Bliss, TX
www.facebook.com
that was a whole lot of reading to find out that the OP had a "seriously" broken rib and blamed vaping for the breathing problems and hot flashes.
its possible placebo'ed himself out of the pain related side effects of a broken rib by quitting the vape.
I went through a whole string of emotions, switched sides back and forth; all for a tard with a broken rib.
I don't really care if its possible to have those symptoms from vaping at this point, he lost all credibility.

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
that was a whole lot of reading to find out that the OP had a "seriously" broken rib and blamed vaping for the breathing problems and hot flashes.

That kind of thing happens alot here. I recall a year or so back when a guy started complaining of coughing up blood only to reveal much later in the thread that he also suffered from severe sinusitis or something prior to vaping and had recurrent nose bleeds. Of course the blood he was "coughing" was really overnight sinus drainage.

Some people are attention whores.

baronvoncardo

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
SE Wisconsin
www.youtube.com

I'm glad I skipped to the last page of this thread. You saved me a "lot of reading" Loco. I just wanted to tell the guy to GO TO THE EFFING DOCTOR if he hadn't already. Cripes!

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
There's such a thing as common sense. People who vape like a locomotive are the ones who might show a side effect to vaping. But with people who vape once or twice a week, when having cocktails, it's not very likely that it's doing much of anything noticeable to their general physiology. That's my personal opinion.

I know there are people who will bring up all sorts of special cases, and I'll still say " I doubt it". The one situation in which even minute quantities of a substance can produce dramatic effect is an allergic response. But those are generally triggered by large molecules, and neither VG nor PG qualify, they are considered incapable of causing an allergic response.

All this talk of "allergy to PG or VG", or dramatic effects upon inhaling a few microliters of aerosol flavored VG or PG with nicotine on occasion, I'd put money against the symptoms that are described being related to vaping.

Last edited:

b3ast1e

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
UK South Coast
The problem with threads like this is that they're reactionary instead of informative. Why post an announcement about stopping vaping because of medical problems that you think are caused by vaping? How about quitting the ecigs, seeing how you feel and/or what the doctor says and then posting? After going through this whole thread, we find out eventually that the problems were likely caused by a severe broken rib (and possibly panic attacks).

It's important for people to discuss health concerns because without formal testing, we're largely relying on logic and common sense to determine the safety of vaporized flavored nicotine. And while I still firmly believe these are safe in general, they may not be safe for everyone. Peanuts are completely safe to eat, but they can also kill people with peanut allergies.

I think the original post itself was presented in too alarming a manner. It was a premature post and, therefore, inappropriate. I can totally understand the OP wanting to post their personal health concerns as they relate to ecigs, but it should be done more responsibly.
Man this is a monster thread, but I battled through about 15 pages, skipped a few to the OPs busted rib response. And I don't want to appear too glib about it, but this post above absolutely sums the whole discussion up for me.

Of course, it is useful to the community to give anecdotal accounts of our experiences, as has been said, we're all beta testers here after all, and Thomas Midgelely Jnr should be the poster child for how these things can turn out if we don't keep our minds open and our eyes peeled.

But making claims about the root cause of quite a sweeping range of symptoms and then passing it off as fact unless it can be proved otherwise, is inflammatory and actually rather irresponsible. Saying in effect "for me at least, vaping is bad for health" doesn't make the statement any less refutable, on the contrary, it proves the point that none of us should be making completely unqualified assessments, because it is not helpful to the rest of the community, aside from maybe further stoking up our natural concerns and fears.

Why is that important anyway, why should I personally care? Because if by instigating this monster thread, the OP has caused even a single person to drop vaping like a hot potato and then inadvertently fall back to analogues as a result, then he has done this entire community a disservice, however inadvertently, or innocent his intentions were.

Pseudo-science sucks. So does making unqualified and entirely anecdotal health claims on either side of the debate. Lets continue to stay vigilant by all means while we await better data. Lets be sensible and rational too, offer each other continued support etc. That's all we can do until we know better.

Good luck to the OP regardless, and well done for quitting both habits, that can only be a good thing.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
is this still alive? i read through what was, then, the WHOLE damned thing... but that was almost 26 pages ago.... i only noticed this is still alive because someone liked a post i made... SERIOUSLY? the guy is long since gone... can we have this post locked already... everythign that can be said has been said 47 times already (and thats exactly the right number of times)...

thanks for all the fish.

Jay

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
>"can we have this post locked already."

I'm curious gay, what difference would it make if it is locked or left open? This place is so vast what possible difference can this thread make one way or the other?

I read this whole thread through as it was growing and it became something of a ritual to visit it every so often just to see what had been added, and I still do. :)

Errol

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
OK closing...

And to end it...For anyone who is hunting down the answer of what happened to the OP....

Snip...
The pain i was having in my "kidney" area, didnt go away, so i went to my doctor (as i said i would if these problems didnt subside) to have him check it out. It turnes out, I had a severley broken rib.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread