Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
This has been discussed a few times before. VG, I think. The question that remains scientifically unanswered is whether the same happens in the lungs or doesn't.

I think it's likely VG and/or PG that makes the film on glass, but I believe we're talking about computers here, not lungs :)

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Seems to me that if moisture is condensing inside the computer on the mainboard or cards, then something is gonna fail. I don't liquid cool my systems anymore since newer stuff doesn't run as hot. But if my liquid cooler ever had a problem and leaked, I always had to buy a new motherboard or something. If you've got an actual condensation problem in there, get ready!

Maybe something like this?
Scienceware Reusable Desiccant Canister w/ Indicating Gel, 4"L X 2"W: Science Lab Desiccator Accessories: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Last edited:

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I've vaped heavily around my PC and have had no problems that said it is thoroughly cleaned every three months but I noticed nothing since I've been vaping that wasn't there before, it's better now then when I smoked

Well. yeah, but that goes without saying. :)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Back when people were talking about getting condensation and films inside their car windows and such, I never saw anything like that. This past winter, when it was freezing outside and warm inside, the windows in our house would sweat and drip. After all that cleared up, I noticed the window in my computer room did have a bit of a smeary film on it, and a little less on the kitchen windows, none that I could see on any other windows. Never on my computer screen, and I exhale right on it many hours a day.

I'm guessing it does have something to do with humidity/condensation. That's just my experience. YMMV.
No, it is not because humidity, it is all about temperatures.
Cold things (as window panes) in a warmer place attract all types of vapor - water wapor, vaper's vapor. If humidity is not high in the room, only VG/PG vapor will settle on a window.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
No, it is not because humidity, it is all about temperatures.
Cold things (as window panes) in a warmer place attract all types of vapor - water wapor, vaper's vapor. If humidity is not high in the room, only VG/PG vapor will settle on a window.

Makes sense about the cold things. Yeah, probably temperature instead of humidity. We get the same film from our gas fireplace and my cooktop in the winter.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
51221243402250p.jpg

Place one of these so it will blow away any vapor from your PC

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Not a computer, but I get horrible vapor build up inside my 73" rear-projection DLP television. My living room is about 600 sq. ft., I sit about 15' from the TV and have a ceiling fan going at all times. It collects so fast that I have to remove the screen and clean the inside of the screen and the big mirror in back about once a month. It all started when I got my Reo and started building sub-ohm (.4-.5) a few years ago, and is even worse now that I've got a VW device and sub-ohm RTAs. Very annoying.

If anyone has any ideas as how to reduce the build up inside the TV, I'd love to hear it. I've considered adding exhaust fans...or I could just get a new flat-panel (sealed) television....I have not considered stopping vaping though. ;)

I've also noticed build up on the windows in my house, mostly during colder weather. Same in the car...I've got to keep paper towels and glass cleaner in the car to wipe down the windows every couple days during the winter.

All that being said, I'm fairly certain there's build up inside my PC, but I've never actually checked for it....and I don't think it matters if you blow your vape directly at it or not because I'm not close to my TV at all and it finds it's way in there. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread