Vaping news since 8-8 is noticably different for the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Every day I do a google search on "electronic cigarette" and "vaping" and I've been doing that for a while. Before 8-8 the overwhelming majority of stories were the negative propaganda we are so accustomed too. Since 8-8 the percent of positive and supportive stories is dramatically increased and may be rivaling the number of negative stories. It feels like a lot of potential supporters were holding their fire until there was a real target to shoot at.

May be we aren't so alone after all.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I've found, just from observing, that media will build something/someone up and then turn around and work like hell to bring it the other way.

Same can be said about the negative. Vilify until it can no longer be vilified, then do an about face to bring it back into popularity.

It is all about how controversy sells. It brings in an audience. That in turn brings in the $$.

Everything comes down to money.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I guess I have a more “tinfoil hat” outlook. I think that the media, universities, some doctors and some scientists (partially financed by BP or BG) all assume that no amount of positive news about ecigs is going to change the FDA’s deeming. I don’t think new info can be introduced in the big lawsuits either.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I guess I have a more “tinfoil hat” outlook. I think that the media, universities, some doctors and some scientists (partially financed by BP or BG) all assume that no amount of positive news about ecigs is going to change the FDA’s deeming. I don’t think new info can be introduced in the big lawsuits either.
The FDA actions don't rely on any science of any kind and that is on purpose. All they say is they have the authority to do it so they're doing it. If everybody stops smoking public health funding will be devastated. The FDA can't let that happen.

Reactions: WorksForMe

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
The FDA actions don't rely on any science of any kind and that is on purpose. All they say is they have the authority to do it so they're doing it. If everybody stops smoking public health funding will be devastated. The FDA can't let that happen.

I agree. Even if, theoretically, the CDC brought out a study similar to the one from the Royal College of Physicians, they wouldn’t change the Deeming regs unless they were forced to by the Congress or the courts.

Reactions: kross8

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread