Vaping not for everyone especially me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinr1

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sf
earlier this year I decided to attempt once again to stop smoking and decided to try this vaping thing , and I can honestly say between the effects of stopping cigs cold turkey , combined with the various effects and reactions to vaping I have never visited the doc office this much in the past 6 years .then I have in the past 6 mo while vaping , I suffered from several symptoms such as nose bleeds , upset stomach everyday , shortness of breath , feeling heavy in the lungs all of it . even had to get meds from my ent to help me out getting over it . I decided a few weeks ago to try 1 last experiment because I was having so much trouble/ reactions with the juices etc , I tried several juices from different suppliers different levels different types etc and suffered
several different reaction , but then I also noticed , when I picked up a pack of cigs , suddenly all the symptoms would disappear . I have come to the conclusion that vaping is no different then anything else on the stop smoking market its not a cure all and it does come with its own set of associated risks . it may be fine for some people same as anything else but clearly its just not for me . sad though I really tried hard but my system just couldn't adjust to it .and with all the aggravation I went through over the last 6 mos. just wasn't worth it any longer , I have returned to smoking and threw all the vaping stuff I acquired over the past few months in the trash
I finally came to the conclusion that vaping is for others and not me , my system just couldn't adjust to it .
best of luck to everyone that vaping does work for , and thanks to everyone on the forum for their support .
I have tried several different stop smoking gimmicks over the years and vaping sadly gets added to the failure list .

Skinr1

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sf
yeah I was checked for all that by the ENT , like I said I haven't been to the doc this much in years except for the basic physical , then I have in the last 6mo . vaping ............. whats the point ?
my system just wouldn't adjust to the juices and they made me sick with this symptom or that symptom , no matter what mix , ratio , level , whatever , it just got to the point that the hassle just wasn't worth it any longer and im right back to square 1 smoking again
yeah its not good for me , I just got tired of the Blaaahhh feeling everyday, but the headaches , upset stomach everyday , nose bleeds , chest pains and everything else is gone
after just 2 weeks of all the vaping stuff going in the trash . and smoking again .
if its working for you great , its not for me , I have talked with a lot of people about this and my buddy at the vape store by my house and he has told me that , yep its true vaping isn't for everyone and some people just cant adjust , and he has seen so many people try and fail
and give it up for that exact reason , the symptoms and they just couldn't adjust . and many like me fail because they get tired of dealing with it like I did .

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
honestly I would have to disagree with that , as far as me alone being a rare exception , my buddy who works in the vape buissness says he sees people have issues and give it up everyday , when I asked my doc and ent about it , they said they have also seen several issues concerning vaping in the medical field .

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Unfortunately vaping isn't for everyone as you have found out. We all have are own particular sorted pasts of health history, body chemistry and years smoking which has a direct impact on whether or not we can tolerate these new chemicals. In your case it didn't work. Hopefully you can find another method in which to resolve your smoking dependence. Best of luck!

Skinr1

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sf
Fortunately for the millions who have quit analogs by vaping, yours is the rare exception.

in no way do I alone feel like a rare evception honestly , I understand who CASSA is and I know what they are about I have researched that organization a lot in the past 6-8 mo.
I also understand that CASSA backs vaping 100% and that's great , just like the Chantix forum I have seen
But im here to tell you , vaping isn't for everyone , no product is , and that's coming straight from my Doctor and ENT it may help a lot of folks but there are those that it honestly failed .
I recall talking with a CASSA member supporter earlier this year and I was told how great vaping was and all and how it was the best thing on the market I mean the guy sounded like a Baptist preacher .......... but im here to tell ya vaping is Not a cure all in anyway . and it does indeed have its associated risks
I have read many topics on this forum and other about folks that suffer from this symptom or that symptom etc etc
in no way am I saying smoking is the way to go or better or anything like that ........... im just saying I found vaping was a useless failure
and wasn't worth the nasty feelings everyday . am I running down vaping or the CASSA no im not just saying for me
vaping did nothing but made me feel blaaahh everyday , and just wasn't for me . lets be honest... im def a skeptic of vaping at this point now
and I have a very bitter taste in my mouth for the product as a hole , because its not perfect in anyway , and its not for everyone but then again its no different then Chantix or anything else on the market

GraCnT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Vaping for me has been a breakthrough as far as a replacement nicotine delivery device.
I know that I had pneumonia and bronchitis every winter but since I've switched over from cigs to vaping I have not had any chest conditions. . My doctor gave me the thumbs up!!
Of course nothing is for everyone and I'm sorry it didn't help you. ..
Vaping is not a "quit smoking" cure all. It's a replacement device that has helped so many many people transition from receiving their nicotine from cancer sticks to p.v's.
I'm not a Dr but I feel vaping cannot be classified in the same category of chantix. .. I'm sure vaping side effects are not suicide?!? Anyway,,,
I know I feel better. . My doctor has attested to the fact that my lungs are clear from weeze.
I do hope you find something that works for you.
Because Let's face it
Smoking kills...
Best of luck on your journey!! ...

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Yeah sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you but what I don't get is that you were among one in the very tiny percentage of people who apparently have allergies to propylene glycol and it was so severe that you had to seek medical attention, yet you continued to buy more e-liquid and continued to vape? Why? And with all due respect, because I don't want to be misunderstood as trying to flame you are itch for an argument, but we already know that a rare portion of the population is allergic to some of the ingredients in e-juice. Sharing this horror story of yours about what seems to me to be self inflicted misery after you were already aware that "vaping wasn't for you" seems to me to have intentions that aren't crystal clear to me.

Skinr1

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sf
sorry about the miscommunication there I wasn't trying to associate vaping symptoms with Chantix symptoms in that sence of it just that vaping is just another product that's what that ment . im glad for you that it worked out fine , but as I saw another poster say not all of us are the same , in anyway .
hey I can honestly say I was waiting for the symptoms to go away or at least ease up and I giave vaping a chance for months and the problems never went away until i obviously stopped vaping I just got tired of the side effects everyday . for me it just wasn't worth it

Skinr1

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sf
well to answer your question , I wanted vaping to work , and I wanted to experiment with it to see if a happy medium could be found
you never know until you try , you never know how cold the water is until you test it out so to speak .
if you don't try you don't know . as for the PG allergy , I don't have an allergy to PG or VG , my system just couldn't adjust and the symptoms of stoping smoking combined with the chemicals in the juice my system just couldn't adjust , so I threw it all away and stopped vaping and picked the cigs back up , sooner or later down the line maybe I will try another product who knows . as for the small percentage of folks you mentioned are in that failure category with vaping , that percentage isn't exactly as small as you think .
remember a product is only great if it works for you , if it doesn't then guess what its not great anymore is it ?
I am well aware most here support and believe in this vaping product , but I guess im among that percentage that figured out that its not that great for everyone nothing is .
does anyone have any good info on nic inhalers to share I may look into that product next

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
We can help with Nic inhalers, but you must rein in your expectations. NOTHING is a miracle.

I thought I read, that you decided to quit analogs cold and just vape.
Did you dual use?
Could you replace just ONE cigarette per day with an e-cigg? Two?
Have you tried Snus?
The point is: SMOKING is killing you. ONE cigarette at a time. Don't deny yourself the cigarette that you want/need, just try to postpone it.

Best of luck on your journey and good luck quitting smoking.
I

Skinr1

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sf
no what I did was just stop cold , after 30+ years of smoking and started vaping ..... and yes perhaps that was major mistake #1
what happened to me was , the combined symptoms of stopping smoking suddenly the shock of that along with the reactions to the chemicals in the juices , I just couldn't adjust and it wound up being a recipe for failure . I was tested for the PG and VG
and I just couldn't adjust so now its time to move on to the next product , check that out and maybe try again . who knows maybe something else will work .

justagirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Colorado
Hi there Skinr1-

I feel ya about the side effects. I broke out in hives first and then went through a period of unbearable fatigue. However, I was not willing to go back to smoking full time and now all side effects are gone....but, that was just me.

I am sorry to hear you are unable to vape. GL with quitting smoking. :toast:

JAG

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Sorry to hear you were having problems,but you made an interesting comment here: "but then I also noticed , when I picked up a pack of cigs , suddenly all the symptoms would disappear"

These are typical withdrawal symptoms from any drug,the fact all your symptoms disappeared once you had a cigarette says it is the cigarettes which are causing the problem.(i.e. your body got it's fix)
Side effects from tobacco withdrawal can last a long long time,it's not just the nicotine,it's the other 7000 or so chemicals you have to rid from your body,which obviously will take time.
I really am not trying to dissuade you from vaping just trying to put a little perspective on what & why you are experiencing these sort of symptoms.:2c:

Good luck in either case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread