Vaping not for everyone especially me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinr1

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
sf
Hi Skinr1, this must be so disappointing for you. Of course you wanted it to work and I think it's easy for people to be defensive about vaping because of the current political climate that surrounds it.

Two things are true:

1. Quitting smoking is hell. We can say hell and people think they know what it means but you can't describe the hell until you are in the middle of it wondering how such hell could even exist. The hell of quitting can make you feel like the hell of cancer couldn't be as bad by comparison. And sometimes, depending on the quality of life you have when you quit, you might as well have cancer. My first quit literally cost me my job. It took me years to recover from the ordeal. People who are hateful or sanctimonious toward smokers need to be punched in the throat.

2. There isn't a panacea. We only have an arsenal of things to try. Each of my attempts has been different. I even had different experiences with the same medications because of learning and adjusting. Sometimes it takes a combination of things, and each time you try, you become more savvy. The trick is not to make yourself so traumatized by quitting that you are unwilling to keep trying. When something is making you miserable, stop doing it. Re-group and try again. You can even re-visit vaping at a later time, maybe in combination with something else. None of the doors are locked just because you walk away from it once.

And it is disappointing when you want something to work, all the worse when people come along and tell you "Oh well it sure did work for me and millions of others." No one has any business questioning your experience. I wish you the best in finding what works for you and encourage you to just learn from each attempt and move forward.
well thanks for that response I haven't been around here for a while because I pretty much failed and the vaping thing and completely gave it up . I even tried vaping and smoking reg cigs ..... no dice . vaping completey nauseates my stomach now . and I don't bother with it , its just not worth it . ironically the group at my job that tried vaping as a group everyone of them failed for 1 reason or another all of them . since I tried vaping the 3 people that got me started have since quit vaping totally also and now smoke again . out of all the people I know that were using e-cig products no longer use them and have returned to smoking . all I can say is be it political or not or a fad or whatever , for those that it does work for well hey that's great for you . as for me e-cigs were a failure . and the side effects I experienced while using them just weren't worth the aggravation .
perhaps in the future I will try quitting again . down the road .

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
well thanks for that response I haven't been around here for a while because I pretty much failed and the vaping thing and completely gave it up . I even tried vaping and smoking reg cigs ..... no dice . vaping completey nauseates my stomach now . and I don't bother with it , its just not worth it . ironically the group at my job that tried vaping as a group everyone of them failed for 1 reason or another all of them . since I tried vaping the 3 people that got me started have since quit vaping totally also and now smoke again . out of all the people I know that were using e-cig products no longer use them and have returned to smoking . all I can say is be it political or not or a fad or whatever , for those that it does work for well hey that's great for you . as for me e-cigs were a failure . and the side effects I experienced while using them just weren't worth the aggravation .
perhaps in the future I will try quitting again . down the road .

I would suggest you look into other alternatives to smoking. Snus is the most popular and decades of research have shown it to be far less risky the cigarettes. If you can get over any misconceptions you may have about smokeless tobacco it may be a viable alternative (snus is a form of smokeless tobacco. Contrary to common myth smokeless tobacco has about the same low risk as vaping).

If you are in a large urban area you will likely be able to find some swedish snus locally. I recommend the Swedish snus over the American made as it tends to be a good deal more effective. Having said that even the Camel snus is not to bad, though a bit low on the nicotine and to sweet for my taste.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I would suggest you look into other alternatives to smoking. Snus is the most popular and decades of research have shown it to be far less risky the cigarettes. If you can get over any misconceptions you may have about smokeless tobacco it may be a viable alternative (snus is a form of smokeless tobacco. Contrary to common myth smokeless tobacco has about the same low risk as vaping).

If you are in a large urban area you will likely be able to find some swedish snus locally. I recommend the Swedish snus over the American made as it tends to be a good deal more effective. Having said that even the Camel snus is not to bad, though a bit low on the nicotine and to sweet for my taste.

Snus is an excellent idea. However, since Skin seems to get so nauseated from e cigs, I doubt that snus will work, either. But I certainly would try if I were in their shoes. Anything to quit the stinkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread