Vaping PG and Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

precious007

Nov 20, 2010
Hi everyone,

I know that there might be other threads related to "headaches" from vaping PG but I am still wondering how many here have this sort of intolerance, since it's not an allergy (based on symptoms), it basically is an intolerance.

I haven't had this problem years ago when I started vaping but do now seemingly - still trying to find out if it's an allergy to PG or the actual aromas they use in Liqua liquids.

Cheers

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Hi everyone,

I know that there might be other threads related to "headaches" from vaping PG but I am still wondering how many here have this sort of intolerance, since it's not an allergy (based on symptoms), it basically is an intolerance.

I haven't had this problem years ago when I started vaping but do now seemingly - still trying to find out if it's an allergy to PG or the actual aromas they use in Liqua liquids.

Cheers

Sometimes I get headaches when vaping but I vape max VG which in some of my homemade juices it 92/8 VG/PG so I don't think my headaches are caused by the PG. I know I get heartburn and I think it's from the VG. I'm paralyzed and in a wheelchair so I'm always sitting and think my headaches are caused by compression of the spine and causing tension headaches. I know that if I have a headache coming in on, vaping make it worse. I know that probably doesn't help you out but hope someone on here can shine some light on your question and give some opinions and answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colonelcolt

May 21, 2014
London UK
Hi everyone,

Cheers
Have you tried to exclude components one at a time, one by one and compare the level of your "headaches"?

precious007

Nov 20, 2010
Thanks everyone for your responses, I am still trying to figure out what is causing
my headaches. My head feels as if the brain is going to exploded, a ton of pressure
inside my skull..

I do have daily type of tension headaches from my fibromyalgia and TMJ but nothing
as bad as I get from vaping. I have tried to exclude thing one by one but still, PG gives
me headaches, 100% VG gives me headaches, 12mg nicotine is not an issue for me
since I have been a pack a day smoker.

This makes me thing that the aromas used in Liqua products is an issue?

Hangseng liquids did not give me this type of headache and I used 24mg juices from them
recently.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Thanks everyone for your responses, I am still trying to figure out what is causing
my headaches. My head feels as if the brain is going to exploded, a ton of pressure
inside my skull..

I do have daily type of tension headaches from my fibromyalgia and TMJ but nothing
as bad as I get from vaping. I have tried to exclude thing one by one but still, PG gives
me headaches, 100% VG gives me headaches, 12mg nicotine is not an issue for me
since I have been a pack a day smoker.

This makes me thing that the aromas used in Liqua products is an issue?

Hangseng liquids did not give me this type of headache and I used 24mg juices from them
recently.

Have you tried premium juices? I know before I got into DIY my favorite juices were from Mister E-Liquid and Moon Mountain (only 30 min from me so I would go to the store,have a beer with the guys there and get my juice). I would never vape Hangseng cause of it being a Chinese juice and they put ingredients in their juice that premium juices and juices made by DIYers don't have in their juices. Maybe try a premium juice of get a small kit and try your hand at DIY. It would even save you money (100ml bottle of juice cost me maybe $2 and it's the same ingredients a lot of the B&M shops around me use for the juices they sell).

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Too high of a PG level (was only 50/50 ratio in mine) was definitely the culprit that gave me headaches. I got them at the back base of my head and sometimes at the temples. When I made only a minor adjustment by switching to vaping 60VG/40PG instead...no more headaches from vaping since then.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I've got a massive tension headache from Liqua Cherry as well (0 nicotine). BTW Liqua cherry takes like smoking a "cherry soap" instead of cherry e-liquid juice.

I also get bad tension headaches from Liqua Cuban cigar. This makes me think that I have a reaction to the aromas used in the Liqua brand.
Try a different brand of juice. Liqua Cherry put me in full tilt sinus headache for 4 days. Worst one I have had in 10 years.

precious007

Nov 20, 2010
Today I bought Hangsen "HA Tobacco" and had it mixed with some Vapeborg Base VG 0% Nicotine. I am not sure how to mix it correctly. Does anyone mix Hangsen juice with a VG base?

I have tolerance to nicotine, hence I cannot figure out what is going on with these massive sinus headaches, basically it hurts at the base of the skull. the frontal sinuses and there is a massive increase in head pressure from the above mix ^^ only from 5 puffs?

I cannot figure out what the problem is, because I have vaped Hangsen and didn't get a headache from it just a week ago and many many times before (I have to mention that I have quit smoking for 21 days today). When I smoke the VG base individually it does not give this type of nasty headache, the Hangsen Juice didn't give me a headache a week ago, now what can it be it is so confusing?

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Hi everyone,

Cheers
PG stands for propylene glycol and glycol is a form of alcohol which can tend to have the same affect as drinking grain alcohol it deplete the fluids in your system and will cause headaches in a similar manner as a hangover. The other thing is that it may not be the PG it may be the level of nicotine, I know that if I vape higher nicotine levels I get nicotine headaches.

Hectus

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
europe
Hiya, Seems to me its pretty common getting headaches from vaping. I always been told from many years back when i first started vaping to be sure to drink enough water. As others mention here above me, pg seems to be worse at dehydrating than vg juice. Another thing is of course, if ur nic level is too high, it will in some people, cause a very fast oncomming headache.
I ended up getting allergic to pg after a year or so of vaping, got sore throat, sore/swollen lips etc so i ended up vaping 100% vg and that works well for me, but after chainvaping i still need to be sure to get hydrated again.

Personally i like having 0 nic juice for chainvaping and have some nicced juice to vape when i need/feel like it, the more u stay off the nic, the better in my opinion.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Hi everyone,

Cheers
PG stands for propylene glycol and glycol is a form of alcohol which can tend to have the same affect as drinking grain alcohol it deplete the fluids in your system and will cause headaches in a similar manner as a hangover. The other thing is that it may not be the PG it may be the level of nicotine, I know that if I vape higher nicotine levels I get nicotine headaches.

KerryRo

Apr 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

Cheers

I am going thru the same thing omg!!! Headache crazy pressure immediate!!!! Wtf are we going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread