• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan252

Oct 24, 2012
scotland
Hi, I was on the forum a while ago when I started vaping. I started out with greensmoke, and then switched to the 510 types. I have a question I am wondering if anyone can help with. When I vaped, I started getting terrible skin, and not quit zits either, really sore spots on my back and face. I started the analogues again because they were blinking awful to cope with. I cant find a consistent answer online as to what the likely candidate is, PG or VG, and am wondering if anyone knows which is the likely candidate. It has been a while since i vaped, but fed up with smoking again it is time i stopped. I know everyones skin is different, but any pointers would be helpful. I was on 50/50 18mg juice and know i need to change the mix to almost all one or t'other, but which way to go? It took a few months the last time to show up if i remember correctly. Anyway, any advice, anecdotal or otherwise gratefully received. Bryan

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
As the others have said, try 100% VG. Be sure to ask the vendors if it is true 100%, a lot still use PG as a diluent in their flavourings so if a PG allergy/intolerance exists it would be wise to remove it from the equation completely.
If that fails, try reducing the nic, no idea how much juice you're going through in a day or whether you're an all-day vaper or spread it out. Point being, nic overload can result in rashes, headaches etc...
Let us know how you get on and good luck. :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I gave up using Greensmoke and V2, but had to stop using them because of the PG - got a sore rash on my face a bit like eczema, sore gums & throat plus breathing problems.
People can get sensitivity to PG or VG in varying degrees from mild to severe.
As soon as I started using Max VG ones, I was fine. Certain flavours can still affect my breathing though, including: lime, apple, blackberry, cinnamon.

Ready to use 100VG ones can be found at VapeGreen: 100% VG Organic & Natural flavoured E-liquids, E-Juices & Electronic Cigarettes - VapeGreen.co.uk and
Vanilla Vapes, Vape Kitchen range: The Vape Kitchen - USA E-Juice - E-Liquid most of the flavouring is made in-house, and not PG based, so any PG will be minute - they don't give me any trouble.
Another that is extremely low with PG (a few percent no more) is Avant Garde, but they're mostly out of stock unless you order the bespoke and that costs more.

As has already been said, try a VG one first and see how you are with that. Hope you find the cause of the problem and can carry on trouble free.

bryan252

Oct 24, 2012
scotland
Hi, thanks for all the replies, and sorry for my tardy response too with an update. I took on board your comments and have gone for the vape green 100%VG suggested by Pictor as I know its all VG. So far nothing to report in terms of any adverse effects, but I'm not expecting any for a few weeks (if there will be any) given that I think the last time it took a few months to show up. I'm not sure how much juice I use yet, I'd reckon around 1.5-2ml a day, and not constant vaping, I kind of still "smoke" it in having a few puffs then leave it. I went for 18mg nic as that's what I had before and was successful with (in terms of the nicotine) so will see what happens. I'll try and post regular updates as I know a lot of people ask advice then disappear when they have their solution. Thanks once again, Bryan

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Good luck with the VG then! Hope you find it works for you.

I went straight from cartridges with around 50-65% VG to using liquids with around 20% or less, and the rash and gum/throat problems began disappearing within a week as far as I recall - the breathing problems settled down right away.
I got used to not inhaling into my lungs unlike with cigarettes because even VG can cause a bit of congestion to build up.

I gradually found that I can use around 25-30% PG liquids, plus I do have a number that have no PG or just a very small percentage, so they tend to balance the PG even further.
I can soon tell if I've used too much PG over the course of a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread