vaping/running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I'm the worst for rambling whether in script or in person. My own joke about myself is 'why use one word when a thousand will do'. There are always a few smarty pants who want to show off. What I've liked about coming here is people will take the time and the patience to help until I do understand. One guy on here must have spent something like 6 hours helping me fix the broken link I'd posted to my Facebook group the other night. You guys have taken the time today to treat me not like the uninformed dimwit I am after 24 hours now with no sleep and patiently help me understand important stuff I need to take away and tell others that aren't aware. You do good work for the vaping community. After all it's pretty important in the big scheme of things. As a newbie to the site where do I find your blog?

Oh absolutely, we were all beginners once... I started with a few questions, and once in a while I still have one.

Sadly, there's a few on here that will play the "I can do it, so you don't know what you're doing, see how better I am!" card but yet not provide any information, just crass attitude... yet in time, they prove to be the type that don't really have a clue and simply repeat what they hear from friends and bad info and won't learn or move or better themselves (and all those that ended up on my ignore list have earned it).

For me, I tend to do my best, but I've seen newbies ask questions, then state how they know everything and argue with you... now that puzzles me. But I'll be patient and continue a bit to try and get clarification (as they did come here for "help"..right?) until I've had enough and move on.

Reactions: JoeMischief

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
To the OP, I dipped over 35 years. Using a combination of vaping (for the nic) and Smokey Mountain organic snuff (for the lip feel) I was able to quit. I continue to vape and am tobacco free.

But I'm not recommending you use vaping (nor saying not to) because of your age and athletics. A combination of nic gum and organic snuff could possibly also do the job. I use to be much more of a runner than now, running 1/2 marathons, never noticed issues then or now in breathing even when vaping. I also am not a fast runner nor was then and never at a high athletic pace.

The fact you are considering not dipping is very positive and I encourage you to continue to try stopping.

Reactions: zoiDman

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a question. I've been dipping for 5 years. I want to stop dipping and start vaping. But I play football and I'm about to get a scholarship if this year goes well. I wanted to know if I start vaping. Will it be a lot harder to run and play football when I vape? I've tried to read forums but all of them say "it's easier to run when you vape than when you smoke" but I want to know how much of a difference it'll make from dipping and running, to vaping and running. Basically virgin lungs vs vaping lungs.. thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined. Never dipped but since vaping has no noticeable effect breath wise for me, I'm thinking it's may be worth a try for you, at the least I'm at zero nic(no nicotine habit).
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
Health, Safety and Vaping
E-cig study says vaping has no negative health effects on myocardial functions

Alaria13

Jan 23, 2017
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a question. I've been dipping for 5 years. I want to stop dipping and start vaping. But I play football and I'm about to get a scholarship if this year goes well. I wanted to know if I start vaping. Will it be a lot harder to run and play football when I vape? I've tried to read forums but all of them say "it's easier to run when you vape than when you smoke" but I want to know how much of a difference it'll make from dipping and running, to vaping and running. Basically virgin lungs vs vaping lungs.. thanks!
I've never dipped but I would imagine that vaping would be easier on your body. I know when I switched from cigarettes to vaping I felt to much more energized and I imagine switching from dip would have the same effects ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread